When did 'LIFE" begin? (Science in relation with the Biblical description)

Started by Mousetrap, July 13, 2018, 05:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 12:32:57 PM
See, now if *I* had said it that way.  Baruch and all the nuts would be arguing with me. 

So thank you.  I don't care WHO says the truth, but you did it great!  And I think I'm maybe the wingman here...

Sorry, you aren't any more convincing to me than Mousetrap.  Your nickname should be Rattrap.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 13, 2018, 10:39:19 AM
I radiometrically dated you,  you came back as a dumbass. Science wins again.

You work at the nuclear power plant with Homer?  And you are gay? (Mousetrap seems male to me).  Multiculturalism wins again!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 13, 2018, 12:33:29 PM
When did life begin? Well, I got a little bored last Tuesday, so I thought, "Why not?" I also planted some evidence that the world has been around for longer than just last Tuesday because I like to fuck with people. Can you prove me wrong? If you can't, my claim is just as valid as your claim that I did not create life last Tuesday.

But what if I remember Monday.  Did you plant that image in my brain?  Or did Monday really happen for me. 

I read a creationist claim once that said (in response to light years of light travel) that God was so clever he CREATED the universe with light travelling all over at exactly the right times. to fool us simple humans that the universe indeed WAS 13 billion years old.

And Mousetrap is SO SIMPLE-MINDED he couldn't even come up with THAT nonsense?  And didn't even KNOW about that line of argument.  LOL! 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Buddha says ... you don't exist as a man or as a cave bear ... mostly because time is an illusion of quantum events, without real continuity.  Self (pudgala) is based on the false notion of continuity .. and some theoretical physicists agree with this quantum view ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2018, 12:59:59 PM
You work at the nuclear power plant with Homer?  And you are gay? (Mousetrap seems male to me).  Multiculturalism wins again!
Retired.  And you never know what the cats think.  Idjit...

Unbeliever

Last Thursdayism is an interesting way to argue, and it's always fun to see creationists try to deal with it.

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2018, 01:20:57 PM
Last Thursdayism is an interesting way to argue, and it's always fun to see creationists try to deal with it.

;-)

Yeah, the universe was created by some deity last Thursday and the light from galaxies billions of year old is getting here today well, (ok, it was Thursday some hours ago) because it decided to make that happen.  I used to see that moronic argument a lot 20 years ago but not so much these days. 

I don't know whether that is because older idiot theists were smarter than more recent idiot theists or that today's idiots can't even grasp THAT simple moronic concept.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 01:31:51 PM
Yeah, the universe was created by some deity last Thursday and the light from galaxies billions of year old is getting here today well, (ok, it was Thursday some hours ago) because it decided to make that happen.  I used to see that moronic argument a lot 20 years ago but not so much these days. 

I don't know whether that is because older idiot theists were smarter than more recent idiot theists or that today's idiots can't even grasp THAT simple moronic concept.
It's actually a parody of religion.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 01:31:51 PM

Yeah, the idea may be a bit too complex for today's idiots.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2018, 01:38:48 PM
Yeah, the idea may be a bit too complex for today's idiots.

But how seriously have you considered the fact that when you look at your shoes they are actually in the past.  It is easier to understand relativity when it a far star..  Tricky? 

Well of course, a galaxy "far far away" is easier to understand.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 13, 2018, 01:37:53 PM
It's actually a parody of religion.

Buddha isn't a parody.  For Buddhism, the universe is recreated moment to moment, because there is no continuity, no conservation between events.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 01:58:42 PM
But how seriously have you considered the fact that when you look at your shoes they are actually in the past.  It is easier to understand relativity when it a far star..  Tricky? 

Well of course, a galaxy "far far away" is easier to understand.

It might help to add star decals to your shoes ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

He seems to think that's the only dating method available. He might want to try OkCupid...
God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.