When did 'LIFE" begin? (Science in relation with the Biblical description)

Started by Mousetrap, July 13, 2018, 05:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

There are basically 2 types of very old life forms available to test to determine how old life can be.
1. Ancient organic material such as charcoal, bones, wood, seeds, and anything that once was a living organism.
2. Fossils. A fossil does not contain any organic matter anymore, but the cavity where the living organism once were engulfed in sediment, was replaced by crystallization of sediment similar to what one makes a cast with the use of say, Gypsum. this 'cast' is the exact replica of the once living creature we can now study.

Now, the first testable type, the organic material residue of a once living life, form is the one I will discuss first.
I will then follow up on fossils.

I am not going to explain how radio isotope testing work, on the premise that people on this forum should know these details, seeing that they make claims that Life is older than 6 YK.

Let me start this investigation with determining if C14/C12 ratio in old organic matter is correct in dating bones, charcoal etc. as being older than 6 YK.
The best examples is charcoal from ancient sites in Sumeria, Turkey (Goble Tepe etc.) dating in excess of 10YK, or even Coal deposits dating to more than a few hundred thousand years to a few million years.

So how do science determine these ages?
And what does the Bible say about Life in scientific terms, such as people that almost turned 1 000 years old?
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Gawdzilla Sama

Radiocarbon dating is not relevant to your question, it doesn't go back far enough. But do look up stromatolites.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mousetrap

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 13, 2018, 06:01:57 AM
Radiocarbon dating is not relevant to your question, it doesn't go back far enough. But do look up stromatolites.
And we will get there. (Stromatolites)
Thanks for telling me that Radio carbon testing can not go further than 6YK!
This will be news to every scientific journal.
The last time I saw developments on C14, was an age of up to 45 000 Years!
Please come beck with proof and tell me that C14 can not surpass 6 000 years, so I can apologize to everyone.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 06:07:34 AM
Please come beck with proof and tell me that C14 can not surpass 6 000 years, so I can apologize to everyone.
Where did I say "Radio carbon testing can not go further than 6YK", please.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 06:07:34 AM
Check this for a basic science course on dating methods, which you obviously need...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 13, 2018, 06:47:58 AM
Where did I say "Radio carbon testing can not go further than 6YK", please.
Quote from: Gawdzilla SamaRadiocarbon dating is not relevant to your question, it doesn't go back far enough.
Perhaps your claim is undefined in supplication of a date to disprove 6YK.
If anyone say, C14 tests doesn't go back far enough, after I made a claim that Life can not be older than 6YK, obviously this person told me that C14 does not go past 6YK.
Anyhow, do you agree that C14 testing surpasses 6YK with about 30 000 years?
Can I continue?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 08:13:39 AM
If anyone say, C14 tests doesn't go back far enough, after I made a claim that Life can not be older than 6YK, obviously this person told me that C14 does not go past 6YK.
Can I continue?

Your claim that that life is only 6YK old is so laughable you should be removed by the admins without even a mention.  But apparently, they are wimps.

It may be time for me to find a better discussion site and leave you to them as the site fails.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 08:19:50 AM
Your claim that that life is only 6YK old is so laughable you should be removed by the admins without even a mention.  But apparently, they are wimps.

It may be time for me to find a better discussion site and leave you to them as the site fails.

I think the reason he's not been yet is, lets face it, everything becomes an echo chamber when someone like him doesn't come along with their batshit ramblings and cognitive dissonance. Use it as an opportunity to look into the mind of a theist and see what makes them tick. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 08:13:39 AM
Can I continue?
Dumbass, C14 doesn't go back as far as the first dates for life. You do stupid very well.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on July 13, 2018, 08:24:45 AM
I think the reason he's not been yet is, lets face it, everything becomes an echo chamber when someone like him doesn't come along with their batshit ramblings and cognitive dissonance. Use it as an opportunity to look into the mind of a theist and see what makes them tick. 
Or a Poe. I've seen his posts somewhere else.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

I have looked into the lunatic and idiotic minds of theists for 50 years and never found the slightest actual concept of knowledge in any of them ever.  I haven't been surprised by that for 40 years, gave up hoping to find sense in them 30 years ago, and expected nothing from them since.  They are, "in my personal opinion" damn fools and I expect no sense from any of them. ,

This newest moron "Mousetrap" (the handle suggests he can "catch" us in facts of his bizarre theistic imaginings" is just the latest in a long line of hopeful theists thinking their stupid arguments are new to me and may convince someone here to doubt logic and science. 

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 08:19:50 AM

So, you say you refuse to listen to anything else than your own knowledge.
Even if there might be a world of light out ther, you want to remain in the dark.
then you wish some moderator will remove me, is it so painful to hear something in opposition to your accusation that the Bible has no validity?
I never with atheists should disappear, and I want to know why atheists came to the conclusion that there can not be a God. So far I could only find pre conceived Ideas on what the Bible supposedly say, and wishing I would disappear, and one even thought it will be a good idea to shoot me.
Come on guys!
If I were to act in this manner, you would symbolically crucify me!

So far, I am not impressed with most atheists on this forum.
But there are the exceptions

Mousetrap

Oh how wonderful will it be to silence a theist.
Then we can carry on to tell each other we are correct.
LOL

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 08:36:24 AM
I have looked into the lunatic and idiotic minds of theists for 50 years and never found the slightest actual concept of knowledge in any of them ever.  I haven't been surprised by that for 40 years, gave up hoping to find sense in them 30 years ago, and expected nothing from them since.  They are, "in my personal opinion" damn fools and I expect no sense from any of them. ,

This newest moron "Mousetrap" (the handle suggests he can "catch" us in facts of his bizarre theistic imaginings" is just the latest in a long line of hopeful theists thinking their stupid arguments are new to me and may convince someone here to doubt logic and science.
You are really funny!

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 08:36:47 AM
So, you say you refuse to listen to anything else than your own knowledge.
Even if there might be a world of light out ther, you want to remain in the dark.
then you wish some moderator will remove me, is it so painful to hear something in opposition to your accusation that the Bible has no validity?
I never with atheists should disappear, and I want to know why atheists came to the conclusion that there can not be a God. So far I could only find pre conceived Ideas on what the Bible supposedly say, and wishing I would disappear, and one even thought it will be a good idea to shoot me.
Come on guys!
If I were to act in this manner, you would symbolically crucify me!

So far, I am not impressed with most atheists on this forum.
But there are the exceptions

No, actually I merely dismiss you from any rational scientific consideration.  As you have no actual knowledge, your theistic opinions are meaningless to me.