News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fucking PMP

Started by PopeyesPappy, July 10, 2018, 07:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

I fucked around and let my PMP certification expire after holding it for 18 years. Now I have to take the exam again so I'm taking a boot camp class. Fuck this shit is hard. Lots of memorization, and my poor old fucking brain doesn't memorize for shit any more.

This shit sucks...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 10, 2018, 07:37:23 AM
I fucked around and let my PMP certification expire after holding it for 18 years. Now I have to take the exam again so I'm taking a boot camp class. Fuck this shit is hard. Lots of memorization, and my poor old fucking brain doesn't memorize for shit any more.

This shit sucks...

My sympathy.  I had Security+ (old style) for 8 years, but my irresponsibility caught up with me, and had to take the new Security+ CE to keep my job.

The certs do change over time ... the new Security+ was maybe 25% new material.

You sure it wasn't a PiMP certification?  More fun to study for that one! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Yea, they just added Agile to the PMI curriculum a few months ago. Lucky me… It's a whole separate vocabulary to an already confusing vocabulary. Now I have to know three different terms instead of two for the same thing a hundred different times.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 10, 2018, 08:30:14 PM
Yea, they just added Agile to the PMI curriculum a few months ago. Lucky me… It's a whole separate vocabulary to an already confusing vocabulary. Now I have to know three different terms instead of two for the same thing a hundred different times.

Management gurus have to rearrange the walnut shells best they can ;-)  Can you Scrum? ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 10, 2018, 08:30:14 PM

Technical confusion is nature's way of telling you to find a new field to explore.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

BTW ... Agile is obsolete, how come you are doing it now?

Founded in 2000, dead by 2015 ... 3 years ago ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-BOSpxYJ9M
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on July 14, 2018, 07:54:31 AM
BTW ... Agile is obsolete, how come you are doing it now?

Founded in 2000, dead by 2015 ... 3 years ago...

I'm doing it because PMI added it to the curriculum 5 months ago.

Has anybody bothered to tell the thousands of manufacturers using agile that it is dead?

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 14, 2018, 08:13:10 AM
I'm doing it because PMI added it to the curriculum 5 months ago.

Has anybody bothered to tell the thousands of manufacturers using agile that it is dead?

If it didn't happen in Business Week, it didn't happen ...

Apple used to get in trouble for telling truth to power, but they sold us out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9lT7gr8u4

In short, to summarize the first video ... by one of the inventors of Agile (he doesn't know nothing) ... is that a method got commercialized so that the consultant vultures could have some corpses to feed on ;-(  The corpse of your company, which is mostly being sucked dead by vulture capitalists like Baine Capital.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Agile is dead. 

What have I been doing for the last 20 years then?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on July 14, 2018, 08:40:07 AM
Agile is dead. 

What have I been doing for the last 20 years then?

Same as Proletarians Of The World Unite ... following a meme, a slogan ... get back to the coal mine Comrade, the 5 year plan awaits.

Did you bother to watch the first video?  He has a few good things to say about Scrum at the end of it.  See my comment in between, that summarizes the whole mess.  It starts out with UML is a curse from G-d ... by 2000, that is 18 years ago.  Because OOP worker bees just follow orders, and don't really know what the fuck they are doing.  Apply this to every technical and business fad.  Our organizations are in trouble, because they are brainless at the top, and the worker bees are in trouble because they are getting micromanaged by the brainless (imposing methodologies on subordinates when you are just being an ignorant twit).

Whatever you do, you either know how to do it or you don't.  No methodology is going to change that.

BTW ... if you program in Ruby, he has bad things to say about the Ruby testing Nazis.  In any field, if you know what you are doing, you don't have to test it much.  Large scale testing is mostly to create jobs for the testing department, and give the technicals CYA for the crappy work they do.  Like ... nobody could have anticipated that that Tesla would burst into flames from having all those explosive lithium batters in it!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 14, 2018, 08:43:44 AM
Like ... nobody could have anticipated that that Tesla would burst into flames from having all those explosive lithium batters in it!

Actually, yes.  Lithium batteries have long been known to be dangerous.  "When Sony introduced the first lithium-ion battery in 1991, they knew of the potential safety risks. A recall of the previously released rechargeable metallic lithium battery was a bleak reminder of the discipline one must exercise when dealing with this high energy-dense battery system".

For more, read here:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/archive/lithium_ion_safety_concerns

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 08:52:11 AM
Actually, yes.  Lithium batteries have long been known to be dangerous.  "When Sony introduced the first lithium-ion battery in 1991, they knew of the potential safety risks. A recall of the previously released rechargeable metallic lithium battery was a bleak reminder of the discipline one must exercise when dealing with this high energy-dense battery system".

For more, read here:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/archive/lithium_ion_safety_concerns

Unfortunately, in corporate life, the safety guy, like the security guy, is only listened too, after an incident ;-(  A bit like cops showing up after the crime.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

But, as usual, once again, I am always right about facts...  *sigh*

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 10:02:14 AM
But, as usual, once again, I am always right about facts...  *sigh*

In this case, and other cases where you have facts rather than feelings, you are.  We use huge lithium batteries in our UPS at work ... a constant danger of fatality if it goes up while someone is in the computer room.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2018, 10:10:39 AM
In this case, and other cases where you have facts rather than feelings, you are.  We use huge lithium batteries in our UPS at work ... a constant danger of fatality if it goes up while someone is in the computer room.

I should copy this to Word, blow it up in 200 font and print it to hang on the wall.  But I won't.  Facts are facts, and fair is fair.  You admitted, I accept.  Nothing more need be said.