News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Dancing on Instagram

Started by pr126, July 10, 2018, 12:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Woman Arrested in Iran for Posting Videos of Herself Dancing on Instagram
QuoteAs the BBC notes, six Iranian girls were given sentences of a year in prison and 91 lashes after they were convicted in 2014 of posting videos of themselves dancing to the Pharrell Williams song “Happy.”

It’s not clear what sentence Hojabri might face for her dancing videos but she has been reportedly released on bail along with the other three women. According to the Associated Press, Iranian authorities are considering blocking access to Instagram, but no final decision has been made. People in Iran typically get around government blocks of sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube by using VPNs. [Associated Press, BBC, The Guardian]

I am sure that the feminist will be outraged world-wide and put on hijabs in solidarity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBv9ST1-tXQ

Baruch

A Lebanese tourist, a woman, was sentenced in Egypt it 8 years in jail, for insulting Egypt on Facebook (she truthfully pointed out the Egyptian men routinely harass women physically and verbally).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on July 10, 2018, 06:47:03 AM
A Lebanese tourist, a woman, was sentenced in Egypt it 8 years in jail, for insulting Egypt on Facebook (she truthfully pointed out the Egyptian men routinely harass women physically and verbally).

Feminist outrage? ...Crickets.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on July 10, 2018, 09:47:12 AM
Feminist outrage? ...Crickets.
There was actually a lot of outrage by a lot of people from all groups. Maybe it's hard to see when you know... you are so extremely selective with what you see...

Feminists, atheists, people of faith, muslim and non muslim... many groups think it is wrong that she was arrested. You're welcome for me clearing that up for you

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 10, 2018, 04:32:37 PM
There was actually a lot of outrage by a lot of people from all groups. Maybe it's hard to see when you know... you are so extremely selective with what you see...

Feminists, atheists, people of faith, muslim and non muslim... many groups think it is wrong that she was arrested. You're welcome for me clearing that up for you

Words are cheap.  When are we nuking Egypt?  And Iran too?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 10, 2018, 04:32:37 PM

PR mostly sees what he wants to see.  Like Trump actually.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!