Origins of the Universe. (Creation versus science. Do they contradict?)

Started by Mousetrap, July 06, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 01, 2018, 04:35:30 AM
If I was not a Christian, I would say you are silly.
But I wont do such a thing.

So therefore you aren't Christian?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Hey despite being the magical and magnificent creator of all...er.....creation...still stymied by a womans period....meh...give me a REAL god.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 01, 2018, 01:57:19 PM
Maybe he's a pigmy...

Just a Afrikaner ... whose native language isn't English ... but a dialect of Dutch.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on August 01, 2018, 07:02:52 PM
Hey despite being the magical and magnificent creator of all...er.....creation...still stymied by a womans period....meh...give me a REAL god.

Calling Ares or Mars ... the joy of blood-letting ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Another straw puppet.
God did not create woman the way you have now.
You dont listen my child.
Eve and Adam had different bodies before they lost their mortality and became mortal as we are now.
Now, how many times must I tell you to go and read the Bible for yourself before you will do so?
Only after she sinned, did she produce menses.
This is the sinful corrupt bodies we now live in, not what God created us with.
Then again, we will receive such a body again, and will be immortal with a light shining out of us in the presence of the Creator.

Now, go and learn!
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Well the part about a woman's natural menstrual cycle seemed out of place and rather pointless and that was a bit disappointing.

Otherwise, you want a real deity?  Go search some alternate universe.  Maybe there is one there.  There sure doesn't seem to be one here.  Looking at "lack of evidence" of course.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 03:02:28 AM
Well the part about a woman's natural menstrual cycle seemed out of place and rather pointless and that was a bit disappointing.

Otherwise, you want a real deity?  Go search some alternate universe.  Maybe there is one there.  There sure doesn't seem to be one here.  Looking at "lack of evidence" of course.

in the multiverse, half of the universes are atheist, the other half are theist ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

sdelsolray

Quote from: sdelsolray on July 16, 2018, 10:45:28 AM
Quote from: Mousetrap on July 16, 2018, 06:08:06 AM
And the Bible does not say the Stars were created on the 4th day.
It says that the Sun and Moon started to shine on the 4th day, and the stars also.

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 16, 2018, 06:16:17 AM
I love the way you mastered the Atheist method of creating a straw man and destroys this creatin, thinking you won some argument.
The Bible does not say that the Stars were made on the 4th day, but they started to shine.
Taken into account the chronological explanation from genesis ended up into what we today use as the Nebular theory as the origins of the Universe, you can criticize the Bible till doomsday comes, you are using the Bible as science.
Nice?

You lie.

Genesis 1:16-19 (KJV)
"16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

In any event, even if the stars "started to shine" (your words) on the fourth day, those stars had yet to form any oxygen, which only occurs late in a star's life and is not ejected from the star into space until the end-life of the star.  Thus, no water on the first day.

And, there would be no elements heavier than lithium in your nebular cloud from which our solar system formed, including the Earth.  Please explain where the heavier elements came from using, of course, relevant science.

Hey Mousetrap,

You ran away from our narrow discussion concerning the timing of the origin of oxygen and other elements heavier than lithium.  You lied.  I corrected you and you ran away.  It's been nearly three weeks and you have failed to respond.

Care to respond?  After all, I sure you would not want folks to think you are just another lying and disingenuous creationist chump.

ferdmonger

It's best to use one-liners or simplistic shit with Mousetrap. 

Discussions are useless.  Been there, done that.

trdsf

Quote from: sdelsolray on August 04, 2018, 04:45:07 PM
After all, I sure you would not want folks to think you are just another lying and disingenuous creationist chump.
Is there any other kind?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2018, 07:57:44 AM
in the multiverse, half of the universes are atheist, the other half are theist ;-)
I LOVE THIS!!!!
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 06, 2018, 03:15:19 AM
I LOVE THIS!!!!

It was sarc ... I don't believe in speculative physics.  Multiverse theory is a speculative interpretation of quantum mechanics, that originally was treated as a scandal back in the 50s, but sounded better after the grad students recovered from drugs taken in the 60s.  If there isn't a single reality, then objectivity is futile, and science is futile.  I think there is a single reality, but humans don't have direct access to it (sensorium of G-d aka omniscience).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.