Origins of the Universe. (Creation versus science. Do they contradict?)

Started by Mousetrap, July 06, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 26, 2018, 05:35:53 PM
I know, right?!

Totally ruined our Atheist Astronomers meetings.

AA will never be the same again.

Is that like Republican astronomy or Democrat astronomy?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 26, 2018, 07:23:37 PM
Jumping over the mooners, or the Democratic congress of lunatics.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 27, 2018, 03:09:25 AM
Jumping over the mooners, or the Democratic congress of lunatics.

Never mind, Karl Marx is our lord and savior here in the US ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 27, 2018, 06:41:49 AM
Never mind, Karl Marx is our lord and savior here in the US ;-(
Please keep the booger there, he is destroying South Africa.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 27, 2018, 08:00:32 AM
Please keep the booger there, he is destroying South Africa.
??

He's not going anywhere.  He's been dead for over a century.  And buried in the UK.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 27, 2018, 11:08:13 AM
??

He's not going anywhere.  He's been dead for over a century.  And buried in the UK.
That's why London went for the maggots!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 27, 2018, 01:25:58 PM
His brother Groucho was a lot funnier.
Marx's brother,
Groucho?
He's dead too!
Perhaps another sibling ... Sadiq Kahn?
Now he is funny!
And he single highhandedly destroyed London too.
Not even Hitler could achieve that!
Karel would be proud of Sick-Sadiq!

SGOS

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 30, 2018, 08:46:18 AM
That's why London went for the maggots!
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11389196/Asda-shopper-showered-with-maggots-as-she-reaches-for-top-shelf.html

QuoteA grandmother and her heavily pregnant daughter were showered with maggots when they reached for an item from the top shelf of a supermarket.  Coleen Coombs was picking up pet food when maggots began raining down on her and her family.  She watched in disgust as the bugs crawled out of the packaging and even into the clothing of her eight months pregnant daughter Jasmin, 21 - who was later taken to the store's first aid area to be cleaned down.  Miss Coombs, 51, a domestic cleaner and accounting student, of Andover, Hants, was at the town's Asda store when she was showered with the disgusting fly larva.  She claims that she witnessed a member of staff pick up a maggot before saying: "This happens a lot."

She was offered 50 per cent off her cat food bill, bringing it down by £4, while the store also waived her daughter's shopping, worth about £15.  But Miss Coombs was disappointed with the offer and later contacted the store to speak to a manager, who informed her that as she had accepted the discount they could not help her any further.  She said: "We needed pet food so my daughter reached the top shelf to grab it and as she did maggots fell out of the package.  "They went all down my daughter's arm and into her clothes and some landed near my one-year-old granddaughter.  "It was horrible. My daughter took off her jacket to shake them off. She was freaking out. Personally I think it's disgusting, absolutely disgusting."

Miss Coombs said after reporting it to a staff member, a cleaner removed the pack and then sprayed the "small area" and wiped it with a cloth.  She added: "I think it would be fair for Asda to pay for mine and my daughter's weekly food shop and give us money for a donation to a charity of my choice which would be the Andover air ambulance."

A spokesman for Asda said: "We're sorry for any upset caused to Miss Coombs and her family.  "We're currently investigating and we'll be in touch with Miss Coombs shortly."

This was all I could find when I googled "London went for the maggots."

Mousetrap

Jason78

Quote from: Baruch on July 26, 2018, 07:23:37 PM

I had a friend that was travelling across the irish border.   He was questioned as to his religion and he replied he was an atheist.

"Yeah", said the Garda,  "But are you a catholic atheist or a protestant atheist?"
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

aitm

“So he brought down the people unto the water: and the LORD said unto Gideon, Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth, him shalt thou set by himself; likewise every one that boweth down upon his knees to drink.”

Judges 7.....whackadoodle shit..but hey...he made the uni-verse all by hisself with no lapping peoples...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mousetrap

Quote from: aitm on July 31, 2018, 07:33:33 PM
“So he brought down the people unto the water: and the LORD said unto Gideon, Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth, him shalt thou set by himself; likewise every one that boweth down upon his knees to drink.”

Judges 7.....whackadoodle shit..but hey...he made the uni-verse all by hisself with no lapping peoples...
I thought this would never happen.
Yet here we have an Atheist endorsing the Bible!
Except for the words, ".....whackadoodle shit.." every thing aitm said is Biblical.
Congratulations, Aitm, you get the Mousetrap trophy for your post, but please, next time, try to leave the ".....whackadoodle shit..", out. It still represents a level of character of something we do not want to see.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 01, 2018, 02:20:08 AM
I thought this would never happen.
Yet here we have an Atheist endorsing the Bible!
Except for the words, ".....whackadoodle shit.." every thing aitm said is Biblical.
Congratulations, Aitm, you get the Mousetrap trophy for your post, but please, next time, try to leave the ".....whackadoodle shit..", out. It still represents a level of character of something we do not want to see.

Apparently, sarcasm goes WAY over your head...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2018, 02:30:46 AM
Apparently, sarcasm goes WAY over your head...
If I was not a Christian, I would say you are silly.
But I wont do such a thing.