Origins of the Universe. (Creation versus science. Do they contradict?)

Started by Mousetrap, July 06, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on July 09, 2018, 06:59:48 AM
Type "atheist" to make up for it...
Atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist.
Got-it!
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 09, 2018, 07:10:32 AM
Atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist, atheist.
Got-it!

OK, that was REALLY GOOD!  BTW, did you notice the 34th spelling?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 09, 2018, 02:02:50 AM
Guess what?
I am not a theologian at all.
I never studied theology, I do not preach in any Church.
I dont even go to Church.
SFW?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 09, 2018, 02:00:55 AM
Now why would you make such a remark?

Because you condescending attitude is  quite tiresome.  I am not in the 3rd grade and you are not my teacher.  So, make your point?  I am beginning to think you don't have one.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 09, 2018, 08:47:35 AM
Because you condescending attitude is  quite tiresome.  I am not in the 3rd grade and you are not my teacher.  So, make your point?  I am beginning to think you don't have one.

Theist visitors to our site often do not have any point other than to say they love a deity they can't demonstrate.  Can't stop THAT.

trdsf

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 09, 2018, 02:22:13 AM
So what do you say, If these ancient sheepherders in the desert wrote that on the 3rd day the Land separated from Sea, how did the earth look before this happened.
It is a simple question and claimed by simple people, can you answer?
You might as well ask me to write out the colophon in one of Harry Potter's textbooks at Hogwarts; it's fiction, not history or science.  Or do you also take the Iliad as documentary evidence for the classical Greek gods?

Why don't you tell me what the Earth looked like before the clear blue drop of dew falling from the sky mingled with the black drop of dew rising from the Earth, in the Korean Chronicles of Cheonjiwang?  What did it look like when Gaia gave birth to Ouranos in Hellenistic cosmology?  Describe the second, third and fourth worlds of Zuni creation.  Tell me what it looked like when the fireball dried the mud figures in Yoruba creation.  How were the cords connecting the floating island to the cardinal points attached in Cherokee creation?

Judea-Christo-Islamic myth is no more worth taking seriously than any of those.  Its place is in world literature, not laboratories.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 09, 2018, 09:06:25 AM
Theist visitors to our site often do not have any point other than to say they love a deity they can't demonstrate.  Can't stop THAT.
That is true.  But this guy keeps hinting (or hinting at hinting) that he has some life-changing message to impart.  He seems to think he is mounting the suspense since he just knows all of us are at the edge of our seats for him to reveal his nuggets of pure wisdom to us lowly 'Atheists' (that capital letter lets us know he has not much of a clue as to what an atheist is).  Tiresome.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on July 09, 2018, 09:06:25 AM
I see that too.  Why they would come here, I don't understand.  I sometimes wonder if it's to demonstrate their faith knowing they are going to get hammered.  That might explain why they are so locked into fallacies, just to have some response:  "See me talking?  My faith cannot be shaken.  I stand by the contradictions in the Bible, which are not contradictions at all when one opens his heart.  See me talking, Jesus.  I will always be by your side.

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 09, 2018, 11:49:45 AM
That is true.  But this guy keeps hinting (or hinting at hinting) that he has some life-changing message to impart.  He seems to think he is mounting the suspense since he just knows all of us are at the edge of our seats for him to reveal his nuggets of pure wisdom to us lowly 'Atheists'
He differs from other theists slightly because he doesn't pose arguments.  Instead he hangs around doing a 'Wolf Blitzer':  "Don't touch that dial. There will be more coverage of this important event when we come back." 

And there is, but it only shows up after 3 more commercial breaks, if it shows up at all.  Although it's been years since I've watched Wolf.  I don't know if he still does that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on July 09, 2018, 09:22:48 AM
You might as well ask me to write out the colophon in one of Harry Potter's textbooks at Hogwarts; it's fiction, not history or science.  Or do you also take the Iliad as documentary evidence for the classical Greek gods?

Why don't you tell me what the Earth looked like before the clear blue drop of dew falling from the sky mingled with the black drop of dew rising from the Earth, in the Korean Chronicles of Cheonjiwang?  What did it look like when Gaia gave birth to Ouranos in Hellenistic cosmology?  Describe the second, third and fourth worlds of Zuni creation.  Tell me what it looked like when the fireball dried the mud figures in Yoruba creation.  How were the cords connecting the floating island to the cardinal points attached in Cherokee creation?

Judea-Christo-Islamic myth is no more worth taking seriously than any of those.  Its place is in world literature, not laboratories.

Outstanding!  Could not have expressed it better myself

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on July 09, 2018, 12:21:27 PM
He differs from other theists slightly because he doesn't pose arguments.  Instead he hangs around doing a 'Wolf Blitzer':  "Don't touch that dial. There will be more coverage of this important event when we come back." 

And there is, but it only shows up after 3 more commercial breaks, if it shows up at all.  Although it's been years since I've watched Wolf.  I don't know if he still does that.
He is really into stage-setting.  He has set his stage over and over again.  When I run across this type of setting things up, I am always disappointed in what is finally 'revealed' as the next 'big' thing. 

Unbeliever

Like hype for a blockbuster movie that turns out to be derivative, trite and tawdry.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 09, 2018, 01:22:19 PM
Like hype for a blockbuster movie that turns out to be derivative, trite and tawdry.

Well at least Mousetrap (and recognizing the intent of the handle is rather psychologically transparent, he/she isn't TOO annoying YET!  I mean, after all, there seem to be full sentences and all...  We've seen dumber...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 09, 2018, 01:30:32 PM
Well at least Mousetrap (and recognizing the intent of the handle is rather psychologically transparent, he/she isn't TOO annoying YET!  I mean, after all, there seem to be full sentences and all...  We've seen dumber...
Well, maybe.  But think of his name--mousetrap.  I think he regards you (and the rest of us) as the mouse.

Unbeliever

But he's keeping the cheese away from us, thinking he's got us already trapped. LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman