Origins of the Universe. (Creation versus science. Do they contradict?)

Started by Mousetrap, July 06, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 23, 2018, 09:00:42 AM
Sure Bugs Bunny, sure.........now go back to your room, your medication will come soon.
Why?
Because you hate to hear what I say?
You wont like it if I treat you as a cartoon character because you dont have a clue about the origins of the universe.
you really did not make an intelligent argument about the topic, did you?
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 23, 2018, 09:10:39 AM
Why?
You wont like it if I treat you as a cartoon character because you dont have a clue about the origins of the universe.
You are likened to a cartoon character because that's what your screed sounds like to us. Lots of hot air and self-inflation, but no substance.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Mike Cl

Why?
I don't hate to hear what you have to say because I've heard it all before.  You are simply a drop in the theistic bucket.  I really don't care how you 'treat' me.  And you are so ego driven (isn't that supposed to be a sin according to your own particular cartoon god or his cartoon son???) that you think you have a single intelligent argument???  Yeah..............okay.  As I said, the meds will come soon, hang on until then.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jason78

Why?

Imagine a group of people that play music and like to meet up and talk about music.

Then someone comes along and want to talk about playing the piano.   So we wheel out the piano and let this person play.

They bang the keys randomly and then ask everyone their opinion on their "music".

Then they are astounded when the group turns around and insults them telling them that not only is that not music, but that's not how you play a piano.

You are the person banging on the keys without a clue about what you are doing.   

You believe that you're playing the same game as the rest of us and refuse to be taught any different.  You aren't playing the same game as the rest of us.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mousetrap

Quote from: Jason78 on August 23, 2018, 01:10:23 PM
Imagine a group of people that play music and like to meet up and talk about music.

Then someone comes along and want to talk about playing the piano.   So we wheel out the piano and let this person play.

They bang the keys randomly and then ask everyone their opinion on their "music".

Then they are astounded when the group turns around and insults them telling them that not only is that not music, but that's not how you play a piano.

You are the person banging on the keys without a clue about what you are doing.   

You believe that you're playing the same game as the rest of us and refuse to be taught any different.  You aren't playing the same game as the rest of us.
Imagine a group of people having one huge party.
They play their music and place loudhailers on the fence at their neighbors.
They blast their music non stop, and every 10 minutes or so shout, Your music is rubbish.
They get together after the party, and promise each other to go out into the world, to teach everyone that whoever does not like their music, should be accused of stupidity!

Oh, no!
We dont have to imagine anything!
You are actually doing it just this way!
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

sdelsolray

Quote from: Jason78 on August 24, 2018, 01:22:56 PM
You came to us.   We didn't come to you.

Mousedroppings is an angry dude who craves attention.  He's not getting much attention any longer on this forum, so he expresses his frustration with well practiced hubris.

Unbeliever

Maybe his heart (and mind) have been circumcised.

Deuteronomy 10:16
"Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked."

What the hell does "the foreskin of your heart" even mean!?

Deuteronomy 30:6
"And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 24, 2018, 04:50:56 PM
Deuteronomy 10:16
"Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked."
So god doesn't want us to get a heart-on either?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 22, 2018, 06:52:00 AM
Well, actually we DO learn a bit more about the universe than we knew the day before.  So in 100,000 years, that SHOULD add up.
Given what we've learned about that in just the last hundred years I think that's a given, IF it is possible for us to understand it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 22, 2018, 01:43:21 PM
Yes, but "we" won't be here to know it...

Intelligence might well escape extinction by knowing that it might happen and actively preventing it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Why?

No, because you persist in making bad arguments based on biblical thinking.

Cavebear

Quote from: sdelsolray on August 24, 2018, 04:31:13 PM
Mousedroppings is an angry dude who craves attention.  He's not getting much attention any longer on this forum, so he expresses his frustration with well practiced hubris.

When I saw the first bad physics argument, I stopped paying attention to him.  His physics are all religious, like pi being 3.0.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 25, 2018, 06:49:34 AM
Given what we've learned about that in just the last hundred years I think that's a given, IF it is possible for us to understand it.

Of course.  It's just the religious ones who can't understand the accumulation of facts over time.  They are into revelations, not information.