Origins of the Universe. (Creation versus science. Do they contradict?)

Started by Mousetrap, July 06, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 21, 2018, 09:19:10 AM
No, they fear immigrants because they've been told to fear immigrants. They have no problem with them sweeping the streets, washing the dishes at Applebee's and mowing lawns. I used to help teach English to los nondocumentos in San Diego back in the day. The people in those classes tried very, very hard to learn the language, it was key to getting work and making a living. (I'm no English prof., I helped out in the homework seminars after class.)

I applaud both you and them.  And quite frankly, I won't be able to tell the difference between their children and my siblings'  And yes that is good.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 09:23:38 AM
I applaud both you and them.  And quite frankly, I won't be able to tell the difference between their children and my siblings'  And yes that is good.

IF 100 million of them moved to New England (won't happen) then your siblings would be displaced.  I welcome all the conservative Catholics to the US ;-)  The liberal Hispanics are Pentecostal or Mormon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: trdsf on July 20, 2018, 11:55:33 AM
*giggle* *snrk* *cackle*

You really don't know how Google works at all, do you?

Here's Stukeley's actual account:
Source is right here, because sources matter.

Not only did Newton never tell Stukeley an apple fell on his head, Stukeley never reported it that way.  Also, not one word about Genesis in the account, either admitted by Newton or embellished by Stukeley.

If you're going to be wrong about the little stuff, there's no reason to take you seriously about the big stuff.
Shacks pal, you missed out on what I took as my opinion!
I never said it was a fact!
I deducted that this was what Newton could have done in the light of his character.
Quote from: MousetrapNow, my thinking is that, because Newton loved metaphors, creating difficult puzzles, and loved to get people into word games to think about many questions, HE USED THE APPLE AS A METAPHOR OF GENESIS AND THE CREATION STORY.
If you missed out on what I wrote, how can I believe anything else you have read?
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2018, 12:08:45 PM
And we all know how very much christians love 'authority'!  We have christians of all stripes pointing to a passage in Romans telling them that all authority is of god and therefore Trump is of and from god--he can do no wrong.  Religion rightly called opiate of the masses.  A christian does not need evidence, only a belief and they will
And just so does Atheists when it comes to their religion.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 06:24:42 AM
\

If they had the concept, they would have.  But they didn't have the same idea about immigration.  The loved it when non-Roman people fought for the Republic.  Until the Empire days and that got troublesome.  All those "others" learning the army training...

Is that why some people fear immigrants in the US?  That might succeed?
No one fears immigrants.
They fear illegal immigrants.
Huge difference

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2018, 09:23:00 AM
Yes, some Hispanic immigrants do flourish in the US.
And it seems as if they are legal, hard working people.
Not drug lords, pushers, pimps, human traffickers.....

trdsf

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 24, 2018, 08:02:37 AM
Shacks pal, you missed out on what I took as my opinion!
I never said it was a fact!
I deducted that this was what Newton could have done in the light of his character.If you missed out on what I wrote, how can I believe anything else you have read?
I already know you don't believe what I say.  I can't say I care; I can but offer enlightenment, I can't force it down your throat.

And, you PRESENTED IT AS A FACT.  In exactly the same way as all the other demonstrably incorrect things you've said.  Are you utterly incapable of going "Wow, yeah, I should've looked that up first"?  I expect not, you haven't looked up anything else yet.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mousetrap

Quote from: trdsf on July 24, 2018, 08:55:48 AM
I already know you don't believe what I say.  I can't say I care; I can but offer enlightenment, I can't force it down your throat.

And, you PRESENTED IT AS A FACT.  In exactly the same way as all the other demonstrably incorrect things you've said.  Are you utterly incapable of going "Wow, yeah, I should've looked that up first"?  I expect not, you haven't looked up anything else yet.

Just as the atheists here presented silly arguments, such as the Bible is incorrect because it can not correspond to the age of the Universe, which I showed with a simple explanation that it can, just in such a manner should you accept that these arguments are very superficial, and the counter arguments can also be presented in a superficial manner.
Any argument as so called evidence that God does not exist, can be countered with the opposite.
I think that my position of the inerrancy of the Bible is one I sorted out a long time ago, and superficial criticism is something I recognize as ignorance to the detail found therein.

In short, atheists think a silly remark sinks the Bible, and I went to investigate these remarks, and found it to be incorrect.

Therefore, thousands of silly attacks, and another 1000 answers does not result in truth.
Truth is what one find after scrutinizing one's own claim and then to test this truth for failure.
So far, silly accusations and misrepresentations on the Bible's statements, can easily be shielded in a simple reading of the verses in question.
I scrutinized my position against the Bible.
therefore my stance.

Hakurei Reimu

MT, I can see your mouth moving.

When are you going to answer my points in here:

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=12764.msg1222854#msg1222854
http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=12764.msg1222868#msg1222868

QuoteI scrutinized my position against the Bible.
This may be part of your problem. You need to scrutinize your position against science. After all, you claim that science confirms the Bible. Thing is, you obviously don't know very much science. For instance, can you tell me what happens to a 4 mile wide asteroid, starting at rest, when it crashes into the Earth? If it were ice, would it be a solid, liquid or a gas? I'll wait.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 24, 2018, 08:13:20 AM
And it seems as if they are legal, hard working people.
Not drug lords, pushers, pimps, human traffickers.....

What do you have against "free" enterprise?  The CIA is the biggest drug lord around .... proven years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2018, 08:03:32 PM
Irony alert.  The standard pretzel shape is from N Italy, where they gave away pretzels in the that shape to children studying the Bible.  The three holes represent the Holy Trinity.  Yes, theology is the pretzelizing of logic.

How perfect then. The pretzel of mousetrap.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 24, 2018, 08:10:58 AM
No one fears immigrants.
They fear illegal immigrants.
Huge difference

Then I'm sure you will be horrified to realize that the Trump Administration has deliberately created a Catch-22 whereby people legally seeking asylum in the US have to illegally cross the border to do so.  And then the Border guards arrest them for committing the crime of crossing the border.

Because, you may be interested to know, it USED to be that asylum-seekers could do that in their own country at US embassies, but the Trump Adminstration stopped that, so (as cruel and unsane as this seems) the only way to seek LEGAL asylum in the US is now  to ILLEGALLY cross the border and get arrested first.

And that means the US takes your children away because, after all, we can put the adults in jail but not the children.  So the children are now disappearing into the foster-child adoption system.  AND, because the system doesn't keep track of the children well (as several courts have recently declared) we have basically stripped children away from their parents in order to frighten new  immigrants from trying to seek asylum for military, drug, and gang violence.

It's not the regular illegal immigrants we are struggling with today those numbers have been dropping since before Trump), it is the previously legal asylum-seekers that Trump has caused to become "illegal" that are the ones being discussed.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 04:51:28 AM
Then I'm sure you will be horrified to realize that the Trump Administration has deliberately created a Catch-22 whereby people legally seeking asylum in the US have to illegally cross the border to do so.  And then the Border guards arrest them for committing the crime of crossing the border.

Because, you may be interested to know, it USED to be that asylum-seekers could do that in their own country at US embassies, but the Trump Adminstration stopped that, so (as cruel and unsane as this seems) the only way to seek LEGAL asylum in the US is now  to ILLEGALLY cross the border and get arrested first.

And that means the US takes your children away because, after all, we can put the adults in jail but not the children.  So the children are now disappearing into the foster-child adoption system.  AND, because the system doesn't keep track of the children well (as several courts have recently declared) we have basically stripped children away from their parents in order to frighten new  immigrants from trying to seek asylum for military, drug, and gang violence.

It's not the regular illegal immigrants we are struggling with today those numbers have been dropping since before Trump), it is the previously legal asylum-seekers that Trump has caused to become "illegal" that are the ones being discussed.

Copying Austria or Hungary ... savage lands indeed.  Also put the IRS in charge ... then everyone is guilty of pre-crime.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 24, 2018, 07:17:21 PM
MT, I can see your mouth moving.

When are you going to answer my points in here:

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=12764.msg1222854#msg1222854
http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=12764.msg1222868#msg1222868
This may be part of your problem. You need to scrutinize your position against science. After all, you claim that science confirms the Bible. Thing is, you obviously don't know very much science. For instance, can you tell me what happens to a 4 mile wide asteroid, starting at rest, when it crashes into the Earth? If it were ice, would it be a solid, liquid or a gas? I'll wait.
The day you admit that Thea, and the boiling magma eon of the earth, is not a scientific fact, but a theory of which science now disputes with much recent discoveries.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 24, 2018, 07:17:21 PM

Interesting.
Now why would you claim an asteroid as being ice.
Please show me where we discussed asteroids?
I specifically showed what science claimed about "Comets"!
Comets are a collection of Ice, Gas and space Dust.
Comets are a mini lab as a reflection of how the Earth looked when it took shape from the Nebular eon.
Where am I wrong?
Or do you not agree with what science now claims about what Comets teaches about our ancient solar system?