Origins of the Universe. (Creation versus science. Do they contradict?)

Started by Mousetrap, July 06, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 20, 2018, 02:54:34 PM
Funny, that didn't apply when "OhBummer" was in office.
Nope.  They much preferred Psalm 109 - may his days be few, may another take his office.  May his children be fatherless, may his wife be a widow.

Such a display of Christian love... insert heartfelt eyeroll here.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Yeah, they only care what the Bible says when it's convenient to support their prejudices.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 20, 2018, 02:54:34 PM
Funny, that didn't apply when "OhBummer" was in office.
They would have--except "OhBummer" is black.  Which is odd, because Jesus was not exactly white.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 20, 2018, 05:10:50 PM
Yeah, or Clinton either.
Yeah, now that you mention it, he was male, white and christian.  That almost makes it mandatory he sexually prey (and pray) on women.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2018, 05:24:09 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it, he was male, white and christian.  That almost makes it mandatory he sexually prey (and pray) on women.

I guess you are speaking for yourself? (sarc)  Well as a former Christin, maybe as a former predator ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2018, 05:08:03 PM
They would have--except "OhBummer" is black.  Which is odd, because Jesus was not exactly white.

Oh NOW you've done it!  The Klan will get you for that suggestion that Jesus was middle-eastern!  LOL!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 21, 2018, 06:13:15 AM
The Romans complained that Jesus was an anchor baby.
\

If they had the concept, they would have.  But they didn't have the same idea about immigration.  The loved it when non-Roman people fought for the Republic.  Until the Empire days and that got troublesome.  All those "others" learning the army training...

Is that why some people fear immigrants in the US?  That might succeed?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 04:56:57 AM
Oh NOW you've done it!  The Klan will get you for that suggestion that Jesus was middle-eastern!  LOL!
You aren't too far from the truth!

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 21, 2018, 09:07:17 AM
You aren't too far from the truth!

Of course.  You look at the Jesus-On-The-Cross in any Large or little Protestant US church and he is definitely A White Guy!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 06:24:42 AM
No, they fear immigrants because they've been told to fear immigrants. They have no problem with them sweeping the streets, washing the dishes at Applebee's and mowing lawns. I used to help teach English to los nondocumentos in San Diego back in the day. The people in those classes tried very, very hard to learn the language, it was key to getting work and making a living. (I'm no English prof., I helped out in the homework seminars after class.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 06:24:42 AM
\

If they had the concept, they would have.  But they didn't have the same idea about immigration.  The loved it when non-Roman people fought for the Republic.  Until the Empire days and that got troublesome.  All those "others" learning the army training...

Wrong again.  Failing at failing, or just tired over a hard night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FpcDpYBFW8

The refugees in Germany aren't there to fight in the German Army.  Though some (not all) Hispanics do volunteer for the US Army etc.  Mostly 2nd or later generation.  In my unit we have had Panamanians and Phiippinos who are there to earn citizenship.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 21, 2018, 09:19:10 AM
No, they fear immigrants because they've been told to fear immigrants. They have no problem with them sweeping the streets, washing the dishes at Applebee's and mowing lawns. I used to help teach English to los nondocumentos in San Diego back in the day. The people in those classes tried very, very hard to learn the language, it was key to getting work and making a living. (I'm no English prof., I helped out in the homework seminars after class.)

Yes, some Hispanic immigrants do flourish in the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.