Origins of the Universe. (Creation versus science. Do they contradict?)

Started by Mousetrap, July 06, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 08:00:05 AM
I taught my children both Atheism, and Religion, and my Daughter is today an Geologist with depth in her field unparalleled by her previously Atheist colleagues.
They all are huge admirers of the Bible now, and love to self study the scriptures and to discuss it with their friends.
Good for her gaining unparalleled status in her field of geology, but she sure didn't get it from you with your knowledge being as limited as it is.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 13, 2018, 08:32:17 AM
Good for her gaining unparalleled status in her field of geology, but she sure didn't get it from you with your knowledge being as limited as it is.

Huzza, Huzza!  LOL...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

I hope to one day have children to brainwash to the religion of atheism. Taking them to atheist church to learn from the holy atheist texts, learn atheist doctrine, and practice atheist sacraments such as atheist baptism and atheist confirmation. I can't wait to surround them exclusively with atheist family and friends so they are never exposed to other religious beliefs until they are thoroughly brainwashed, and having them pray to their lack of a god before meals or sleep.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 13, 2018, 09:22:11 AM
I hope to one day have children to brainwash to the religion of atheism. Taking them to atheist church to learn from the holy atheist texts, learn atheist doctrine, and practice atheist sacraments such as atheist baptism and atheist confirmation. I can't wait to surround them exclusively with atheist family and friends so they are never exposed to other religious beliefs until they are thoroughly brainwashed, and having them pray to their lack of a god before meals or sleep.

I sure love to appreciate good sarcasm!  Outstanding...

trdsf

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 03:08:48 AM
I dont agree with your statement. On the contrary, I full hardheartedly agree with any scientific dating techniques to determine the age of organic material.
No, either you accept radiometric dating or you don't.  The principle is identical for both organic and inorganic material.  You don't get to cherry-pick.

Even with your limitation to 'organic', however, radiometric dating demonstrates that modern human beings have been on this planet for three hundred thousand years at a minimum.  And you explicitly admitted you deny that humans have been around for more than 6,000 years.

You can't accept the methods and deny the results.

Your position is internally inconsistent and contradictory, and therefore untenable.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on July 13, 2018, 09:30:41 AM
No, either you accept radiometric dating or you don't.  The principle is identical for both organic and inorganic material.  You don't get to cherry-pick.

Even with your limitation to 'organic', however, radiometric dating demonstrates that modern human beings have been on this planet for three hundred thousand years at a minimum.  And you explicitly admitted you deny that humans have been around for more than 6,000 years.

Your position is internally inconsistent and contradictory, and therefore untenable.

You are completely correct.  And of course that won't slow him down in the least bit.  There is no stopping some people. 

Mike Cl

Which makes him a good christian.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mousetrap

Oh yes, it is true what you say. I just did not go to the Uranium Lead tests on Organic material, due to the fact that I wanted to discuss C14 first.
The reason is that C14 can not work on fossils, or other inorganic matter.
On the other thread I placed my claim. Now I only need to go to Fossilized dating to show you that the Bible is correct after all.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

trdsf

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 08:02:31 AM
While you are at it, take out Kant's and Stennos' publication, and try to criticize it.
Perhaps you will understand the core of science as discovered today.
Libraries, Philosophy dept.
ASk, there will be someone that can show you where to find these books.
Philosophy is no substitute for observation, experiment and analysis.  With philosophy, everything depends on your premises, not on actual observations and data.  I don't care who the philosopher is -- Kant, Wittgenstein, Heidegger, or Aristotle -- observation beats premise every single time.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 13, 2018, 10:10:02 AM

Yeah, you bullshit again.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Oh yes, it is true what you say. I just did not go to the Uranium Lead tests on Organic material, due to the fact that I wanted to discuss C14 first.
On the other thread I placed my claim. Now I only need to go to Fossilized dating to show you that the Bible is correct after all.
14C dating gets us back to no more than 60,000 years before present, and yes, it is meant for organic material, and yes, it has demonstrated the existence of humans long before 6,000 years ago -- the Lake Mungo Remains in Australia, the skeleton of a child found in Taramsa in Egypt, the Omo Remains all date to tens of thousands of years ago.  Notice I said remains, not fossils: remains don't fossilize in a few tens of thousands of years.

Not that I have any realistic expectation of any of this getting through your self-imposed cocoon of delusion, but I will feel better for speaking truth to fiction.

Gawdzilla Sama

He'd sit through the first three minutes of "Dawn of Humanity" on Nova and say it was all wrong. That would teach Lee Berger a thing or two!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Mousetrap, you understand less about C14 than I do about what my girlfriend from 1968 is doing today.  I'm serious, your lack of knowledge is less than he whole Trump family and that is setting a profoundly low bar.  Would you PLEASE do us smarter folks a real big favor and just go play with your other flat earthers and "eels come from mud types"?

SGOS

This guy has the makings of a great cult leader.  The first religion to meld science and religion.  Well OK, not the first, but close, and OK, it's more like twisting than melding, but that's all you need for a religion.  Don't laugh; This is how these crazy things get started.  Who ever thought anyone with a brain would believe Joseph Smith?  Mousetrap may have a future that includes his own private jet, and his own TV Channel where he appears with his adoring starry eyed wife, Bim Bim, who also pedals her line of cosmetics on the show.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 13, 2018, 11:33:24 AM
This guy has the makings of a great cult leader.  The first religion to meld science and religion.  Well OK, not the first, but close, and OK, it's more like twisting than melding, but that's all you need for a religion.  Don't laugh; This is how these crazy things get started.  Who every thought anyone with a brain would believe Joseph Smith?  Mousetrap may have a future that includes his own private jet, and his own TV Channel where he appears with his adoring starry eyed wife, Bim Bim, who also pedals her line of cosmetics on the show.

OK, yeah but is that what we want?   A Jerry Falwell/Trump/Ingraham?  This person pays no attention to reality and I don't think we need this one here.