Author Topic: Trump Poems  (Read 1650 times)

Re: Trump Poems
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2018, 06:26:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You're kidding, right?  He always did.

Damn, can't get anything past you!

LOL
I'm waiting for Trump to say: "We could easily stop all the wildfires from happening just by removing all the oxygen from the atmosphere."

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2018, 07:40:34 AM »
In computer science, each 0 is a place holder.  You don't sum them up.

Bad programmer,  Bad!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2018, 12:54:55 PM »
Bad programmer,  Bad!

X := A + B ... that is a command to sum (per Pascal as I recall).  The actual binary in location (variable A) might be 16 etc bits long.  I didn't realize you wanted me to put the variable in Hex.
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2018, 01:02:41 PM »
X := A + B ... that is a command to sum (per Pascal as I recall).  The actual binary in location (variable A) might be 16 etc bits long.  I didn't realize you wanted me to put the variable in Hex.

I'm better in Basic and Fortran.  Next/Then subcommands were a specialty of mine to shorten code.  But that was decades ago.

But speaking of bit-processing, can I revert a new Windows PC from 64 bit processing to a 16 bit?  I want to play Civ2 again.  I have all the old Win 98 software disks.  I really just need a dumber PC.  LOL!  Reversion software doesn't seem to work.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2018, 01:22:36 PM »
I'm better in Basic and Fortran.  Next/Then subcommands were a specialty of mine to shorten code.  But that was decades ago.

But speaking of bit-processing, can I revert a new Windows PC from 64 bit processing to a 16 bit?  I want to play Civ2 again.  I have all the old Win 98 software disks.  I really just need a dumber PC.  LOL!  Reversion software doesn't seem to work.

The answer is ... no.  The hardware does matter.  As does Windows sand-boxing of what apps you can run.  They are now preventing newer versions of office from running on anything prior to Win 10.  Of course.

You seem to be stuck in an endless unbreakable "do loop" ... so yes, you do seem to specialize in self-abusive forms of coding.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 07:36:24 PM by Baruch »
שלום

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2018, 01:41:36 PM »
If there are 8 bits in a byte, how much is 2 bits?
I'm waiting for Trump to say: "We could easily stop all the wildfires from happening just by removing all the oxygen from the atmosphere."

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2018, 03:02:03 PM »

Shave and a haircut?  C'mon, you invited that, LOL!

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2018, 03:04:51 PM »
The answer is ... no.  The hardware does matter.  As does Windows sand-boxing of what apps you can run.  They are no preventing newer versions of office from running on anything prior to Win 10.  Of course.

You seem to be stuck in an endless unbreakable "do loop" ... so yes, you do seem to specialize in self-abusive forms of coding.

So, you are saying that a Windows 64 bit processor will run a 16 bit Windows program?  Are you SURE?  Bill says no.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2018, 07:36:46 PM »

After inflation less than a penny.
שלום

Offline Baruch

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2018, 07:40:25 PM »
So, you are saying that a Windows 64 bit processor will run a 16 bit Windows program?  Are you SURE?  Bill says no.

Bill Gates is one of the biggest white-collar criminals on this planet.  Trust him?  Generally games run directly on the hardware I/F ... they aren't coded to be portable from one generation to another.  To be portable, you have to code to the Windows internal libraries, and hope that Microsoft doesn't pull the rug out from under a function you depend on.

Old news ...

Needless to say, government IT keeps closely in touch with the whys and wherefores of the software they depend on.  Otherwise Mr Gates would be sleeping with the un-bought copies of Vista.
שלום

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk