Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 01:43:46 PM
You're kidding, right?  He always did.

Damn, can't get anything past you!

LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2018, 06:20:12 PM
In computer science, each 0 is a place holder.  You don't sum them up.

Bad programmer,  Bad!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 07:40:34 AM
Bad programmer,  Bad!

X := A + B ... that is a command to sum (per Pascal as I recall).  The actual binary in location (variable A) might be 16 etc bits long.  I didn't realize you wanted me to put the variable in Hex.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 14, 2018, 12:54:55 PM
X := A + B ... that is a command to sum (per Pascal as I recall).  The actual binary in location (variable A) might be 16 etc bits long.  I didn't realize you wanted me to put the variable in Hex.

I'm better in Basic and Fortran.  Next/Then subcommands were a specialty of mine to shorten code.  But that was decades ago.

But speaking of bit-processing, can I revert a new Windows PC from 64 bit processing to a 16 bit?  I want to play Civ2 again.  I have all the old Win 98 software disks.  I really just need a dumber PC.  LOL!  Reversion software doesn't seem to work.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 01:02:41 PM
I'm better in Basic and Fortran.  Next/Then subcommands were a specialty of mine to shorten code.  But that was decades ago.

But speaking of bit-processing, can I revert a new Windows PC from 64 bit processing to a 16 bit?  I want to play Civ2 again.  I have all the old Win 98 software disks.  I really just need a dumber PC.  LOL!  Reversion software doesn't seem to work.

The answer is ... no.  The hardware does matter.  As does Windows sand-boxing of what apps you can run.  They are now preventing newer versions of office from running on anything prior to Win 10.  Of course.

You seem to be stuck in an endless unbreakable "do loop" ... so yes, you do seem to specialize in self-abusive forms of coding.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

If there are 8 bits in a byte, how much is 2 bits?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 14, 2018, 01:41:36 PM

Shave and a haircut?  C'mon, you invited that, LOL!

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 14, 2018, 01:22:36 PM
The answer is ... no.  The hardware does matter.  As does Windows sand-boxing of what apps you can run.  They are no preventing newer versions of office from running on anything prior to Win 10.  Of course.

You seem to be stuck in an endless unbreakable "do loop" ... so yes, you do seem to specialize in self-abusive forms of coding.

So, you are saying that a Windows 64 bit processor will run a 16 bit Windows program?  Are you SURE?  Bill says no.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 14, 2018, 01:41:36 PM

After inflation less than a penny.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 03:04:51 PM
So, you are saying that a Windows 64 bit processor will run a 16 bit Windows program?  Are you SURE?  Bill says no.

Bill Gates is one of the biggest white-collar criminals on this planet.  Trust him?  Generally games run directly on the hardware I/F ... they aren't coded to be portable from one generation to another.  To be portable, you have to code to the Windows internal libraries, and hope that Microsoft doesn't pull the rug out from under a function you depend on.

Old news ...

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3293429/microsoft-windows/with-daas-windows-coming-say-goodbye-to-your-pc-as-you-know-it.html

Needless to say, government IT keeps closely in touch with the whys and wherefores of the software they depend on.  Otherwise Mr Gates would be sleeping with the un-bought copies of Vista.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.