News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The #WalkAway Movement

Started by pr126, July 05, 2018, 10:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Sounds lik a bunch of retarded babble from stupid people.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 12, 2018, 05:53:02 PM
I want to say well fuck, the uk loosing John Cleese is just a slap in the face to the spirit of our country. But as Baruch says, when you have that much money you can live anywhere, why would you want to hang around when you could live somewhere free of political bs each day.

Just look at him!  He is obviously too young to retire (snark).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 12, 2018, 06:45:14 PM
Sounds lik a bunch of retarded babble from stupid people.

They are having a slap fight over a meme.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The Huffington Post reported over the weekend that this troll attack is a counter-measure against the potential “blue wave” coming this fall, with the WalkAway hashtag intended to simulate real-world Democrats who have apparently chosen to leave the party due to its (try not to laugh) alleged intolerance and lack of civility. It’s a ludicrous concept, given the galactically more egregious incivility of Trump and his Red Hats, extending back at least three years and including a deadly terrorist attack in Charlottesville, among myriad other examples.

In any case, this "hashtag has been connected to Russian bots," according to the HuffPost report:

It has ranked as the third or fourth most popular Kremlin-linked hashtag for days, according to bot tracking by the Hamilton 68 site run by the bipartisan Alliance for Securing Democracy, which keeps tabs on Russian activity on the American internet.

Arc Digital has made the same connection in the “strikingly similar” tweets pushing a “familiar narrative” of Democratic “bullying.” Arc traced the campaign from a Facebook group in May and subsequent tweets whose traffic suddenly began to explode late last month.

There is more but this should be sufficient.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

QuoteThe Huffington Post reported over the weekend that this troll attack is a counter-measure against the potential “blue wave” coming this fall...

While I heavily question the validity of anything Huffpost reports, I am inclined to agree that this is a movement heavily funded by right-wing aristocrats to try and maintain their power. It went from non-existent to apparently the biggest political movement of all time (if you are to believe the youtube pundits) overnight, and that is more than just a little fishy.

Quote...real-world Democrats who have apparently chosen to leave the party due to its (try not to laugh) alleged intolerance and lack of civility.

Is this really the reason they are giving?

I completely understand Democrats who leave because the party isn't progressive enough; I think it's shooting yourself in the foot by allowing people like Trump to win, but I understand where they are coming from.

But if that's what the #WalkAway movement is about... yeah, that's a load of propaganda bullshit. If anyone actually believes it's Democrats who are uncivil and intolerant, I need to meet them and tell them about some wonderful bridges I have to sell to them.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

QuoteIf anyone actually believes it's Democrats who are uncivil and intolerant, I need to meet them and tell them about some wonderful bridges I have to sell to them.
Look no further than the bathroom mirror.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on July 13, 2018, 05:20:12 AM
Look no further than the bathroom mirror.

Fuck off.

(Sorry, sorry, it was just too easy, I couldn't help myself)

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 13, 2018, 05:27:25 AM
Q.E.D.

No read the post a couple above.  Shiranu makes sense there.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 07:07:40 AM
No read the post a couple above.  Shiranu makes sense there.

You are alike, separated by decades in age.  Old 60s person to the new 60s person (culturally not age wise).

Look, John Cleese is a Deep Tax Evader ...

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/jul/12/nevis-how-the-worlds-most-secretive-offshore-haven-refuses-to-clean-up

Yes, Shiranu ... the aristocrats are after y'all ... gotta find and chop the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Y'all get a load of toilet paper, to take with you, when you get deported to Venezuela ... they use it down there as money.

A long term gad fly, has proof that Trump has been a Russian agent since 1987 ... he used mind control to get Obama and Hillary to buy into Uranium One.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2018, 07:13:42 AM
You are alike, separated by decades in age.  Old 60s person to the new 60s person (culturally not age wise).

Look, John Cleese is a Deep Tax Evader ...

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/jul/12/nevis-how-the-worlds-most-secretive-offshore-haven-refuses-to-clean-up

Yes, Shiranu ... the aristocrats are after y'all ... gotta find and chop the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Y'all get a load of toilet paper, to take with you, when you get deported to Venezuela ... they use it down there as money.

Trump loves dictators.  We shouldn't.  The world Trump wants to join isn't one where most of us would live easily.  He loves Putin, Xi, Erdogan, and Kim Jong-un.  He hates democracy EU types.  What a grand world the US toady Repubs have given us...

A long term gad fly, has proof that Trump has been a Russian agent since 1987 ... he used mind control to get Obama and Hillary to buy into Uranium One.

GSOgymrat

If someone walks away from the Democratic party they support the Republicans and if someone walks away from the Republicans they support the Democrats, even if that person chooses not to vote. Walking away isn't working to reform a party's platform. There are no viable third-party alternatives and there will never be unless the US voting system is redesigned. People who say they are walking away from the Democratic party but are not necessarily supporting the Republicans are confused or disingenuous.

Cavebear

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 13, 2018, 08:03:45 AM
If someone walks away from the Democratic party they support the Republicans and if someone walks away from the Republicans they support the Democrats, even if that person chooses not to vote. Walking away isn't working to reform a party's platform. There are no viable third-party alternatives and there will never be unless the US voting system is redesigned. People who say they are walking away from the Democratic party but are not necessarily supporting the Republicans are confused or disingenuous.

I never don't vote in primaries or general elections.  Primaries are the only reason I keep a party registery. 

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 13, 2018, 08:03:45 AM

Bullshit, Joe Stalin.  Go kill another million Kulaks.

Democracy is over.  End it now.  Mostly because the voters are actually worse than the candidates ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.