News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Another poll yada yada ...

Started by Baruch, July 04, 2018, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.statista.com/chart/14514/the-institutions-americans-trust-most-and-least/

Just for American culture today.  One problem with politics is the low standing of Congress in general, and vs SCOTUS and POTUS in particular.  And in my adult lifetime, the trust in the military has made a 180 degree turn, even if not entirely justified.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on July 04, 2018, 11:53:44 AM
  And in my adult lifetime, the trust in the military has made a 180 degree turn, even if not entirely justified.

True dat. Given you and I most were on the late edge of the Vietnam Protests those that protested eventually had kids and a lot of them went into the military…..why….what is mom and dad to do as staunch anti's? Why they buy stickers and wear shirts and shorts telling the world they are proud parents of a -insert military branch here- .

Because they have no choice, they have to be the force of support. And after 911 why they came crawling out of the woods like a fucking invasion of army ants. Now they all prancing about waving flags ….even though they get all pissed when them darkies kneel in protest, using the flag as their anthem against said darkies while as you already know violating the flag standards and "rules" by wearing it, pasting it on plates and pillows and underwear….god bless murica
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on July 04, 2018, 12:56:23 PM
True dat. Given you and I most were on the late edge of the Vietnam Protests those that protested eventually had kids and a lot of them went into the military…..why….what is mom and dad to do as staunch anti's? Why they buy stickers and wear shirts and shorts telling the world they are proud parents of a -insert military branch here- .

Because they have no choice, they have to be the force of support. And after 911 why they came crawling out of the woods like a fucking invasion of army ants. Now they all prancing about waving flags ….even though they get all pissed when them darkies kneel in protest, using the flag as their anthem against said darkies while as you already know violating the flag standards and "rules" by wearing it, pasting it on plates and pillows and underwear….god bless murica

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic here.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!