Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The ONE THING?

Started by Mousetrap, July 04, 2018, 03:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

But who said my theory is a new one.
Actually it dates from 1755, and 1666.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

SGOS

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 07:51:12 AM
Are you also just going to walk away because you dont like what others know and observed?
Or are you an open minded Atheist that investigate all claims?
I sincerely hope you are one of the intellectual ones.
I'll walk away because there is nothing new here.  I was raised Lutheran, but with a well meaning Baptist grandmother who started feeding me this nonsense when I could barely walk.  I live in America and am surrounded by fundamentalists on every street corner preaching to anyone who will listen, and I've heard your bullshit for longer than you have been spouting it yourself.  Close minded, bored, or simply whatever.  I don't have to listen to religious dogma for the rest of my life so I can have approval from the likes of you.

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on July 06, 2018, 08:59:31 AM
Like, it's not possible to be unintentionally wrong about literally everything you open you mouth about... right?
I'm not so sure.  If you are describing perfection in ignorance, then maybe it's only an ideal to strive for.  But I have met a few people who work pretty hard at it.

trdsf

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 09:13:57 AM
And again, if I read the arguments made by Atheists on why the Bible can not reconcile with science, I am also not very impressed with both the Atheists and Apologists.
But again, why the preconceived bias?
are you an open minded Atheist, or does it hurt to think that there might be some truth in the Bible you dont know about?
I love it when a believer throws out the phrase 'open minded'... inevitably it means "why won't you take my unsupported assertions seriously?"

Whether or not the Bible is scientifically accurate is a matter of simple reading.  Since it asserts many things known to be factually inaccurate, it is therefore not reconcilable overall with science, although individual statements therein may be valid.

There are unquestionably some true statements in the Bible, but the same can be said for every other "holy" book ever written, and a great number of works of pure fiction, so the presence of some truth in the Bible is of no relevance, unless you're going to admit that the Iliad qualifies as evidence for the existence of Zeus, Hera et alâ€"or that the actual historical figure of Gilgamesh means that the eponymous Epic is factually accurate.

Speaking of factually accurate, your signature is not.  Evolution is a well-demonstrated scientific theory, not a "religion".  Religions don't have reams of independently verifiable, incontrovertible evidence to support them.  Biological evolution does.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on July 06, 2018, 10:39:52 AM
I love it when a believer throws out the phrase 'open minded'... inevitably it means "why won't you take my unsupported assertions seriously?"
I think accusing others of being close minded implies that the accuser is open minded, but I doubt that the accusers have given much thought to the likelihood of that.  Since they believe what they believe, it appears to them they must be open minded, and what they believe must be so, because they could not have arrived at their belief in any other way than by being open minded. 

Their reasoning is a perfect circle, and every time they go around the circle, it always comes out the same way.  Sensing that the outcome will always be the same, they conclude that they have discovered an ultimate truth, and they feel like they are open minded, because in the face of doubt, they are always open minded enough to take another trip around their beloved circle and prove the "truth" to themselves one more time.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 05:19:19 AM
I really hope you are joking about that too.
There is no evidence that evolution ever worked.
Only the wishful thinking of atheists calling them self biologists that think the more they claim evolution was proven, the more people will believe it is a science.
I do not know if you ever went and looked at the facts set out by BEBE in Darwins' black box.
Then you should go and read what the Atheist evolutionists use as explanations to contra BEBE's studies.
It is silly and incredible to think that educated men can even believe themself on the rubbish they try to sell.
Don't you mean Behe?  I was almost convinced you were genuine until that little slip.  1/10 troll.

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 04:58:35 AM
Does this means God does not exist?

Sorry, I don't think you know what "truth", "exists" or "realty" mean.  This is a common ape-man problem.  Doesn't know if he should eat the fruit of the banana or the peal.

You seems legitimate at first, but are just a troll.  You are avoiding responding to me ... and that is a tell also.  So what handle did you use when you were here before ... can you reveal your secret identity? ... See What's My Line circa 1965.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I wonder why people laugh at creationists?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

sasuke

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 04, 2018, 03:09:20 AM
I would like to know:
What was the ONE THING that made you decide that there is no God who created everything?
If it was a collection of issues that build up to your decision, don't give it all to me, tell me what was the last straw that broke the camels' back.

You are asking the wrong question. The reason I de-converted and the reason why I remain an atheist are different. The (non-existent) historicity of Jesus was the final nail in the coffin for me. No amount of history at this point would convert me back into being a theist. Can someone find and post Star Trek's Q meme on why many of us can't accept the existence of a god, much less the God of Abraham?

sdelsolray

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 05, 2018, 09:28:50 AM
I will leave this thread tomorrow and will continue on another where I will show the reasons why I became a Bible believing Christian.
But in the meantime I was pondering upon the answers some of you would receive from Christians.

They will say the following.This means that because you found a dislike in people of religion, you ascribe the same attributes to their God. (because my brother is in jail, I am also a convict. :surprise:This is an assumption that God had no right to decimate 7 nations who practiced child sacrifice and sex worship and He never warned them beforehand. Taken superficially, these Biblical descriptions are indeed a flaw in the character of God, but did you ever looked at what the narratives explain what the reasons was to destroy these nations? Do you know that this same God also prohibited war on neighboring nations and only acted when Israel was threatened by tyrants?God never created mankind to die. He created Adam and Eve as immortals who was without sin, and Man changed his physical existence when they sinned against the instruction given by God. The reason why we grow sick, age and die, is because of our material existence we changed into after our fall. I dont want to believe in a God that is physical too. I will however accept that God will interact with His creation, and will even visit humans on Earth. There are many such references in the Bible too.Well, the one in the Bible appeared to Adam, Henoch, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Samuel, David etc. From further narratives this God even sent His "Word" to Earth to be born as a man so He could live among us.When we look at Science and Biology, one can see the work of God as he created everything.Evolution is an erroneous theory, and the age of the Universe is not evidence that there is no Creator. It actually shows the immense creation done by a Creator. And too many assumptions, once you reconcile these contradictions, the answers are also proof of bias towards the Bible. Anyone can use tactical thought to twist the intended message, but when investigating shows that the so called contradiction is only due to the accuser to produce a contradiction, and not factual, be prepared to be identified as a deceiver.This is an assumption of someone in the room looking for a droppings as evidence of a mouse, whilst he don't see the elephant.

Now, I will only use 2 of the above in future, take note, these answers are not solid support to prove the existence of a divine presence in our universe, and I can understand why an Atheist will reject the above reasoning.
Just thought I would show you what arguments I will not use when I place my observations on the floor.

So, is a mousetrap irreducibly complex?  I suspect you may believe you have special knowledge about this question.

Blackleaf

*Sees five separate replies to my one post, none of which address anything I said or add anything anything to the conversation*

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 09:39:25 AM
But who said my theory is a new one.
Actually it dates from 1755, and 1666.
Then chances are high that we've already seen it. You need something newer.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

aitm

Quote from: sdelsolray on July 06, 2018, 06:32:17 PM
I suspect you may believe you have special knowledge about this question.

LOL...yeah he has lots and lots of "special knowledge"......also can be found at many mental institutions.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on July 07, 2018, 05:00:24 AM
LOL...yeah he has lots and lots of "special knowledge"......also can be found at many mental institutions.
You mean 'mental institutions'/clergy...................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mousetrap

Quote from: SGOS on July 06, 2018, 11:06:29 AM
I think accusing others of being close minded implies that the accuser is open minded, but I doubt that the accusers have given much thought to the likelihood of that.  Since they believe what they believe, it appears to them they must be open minded, and what they believe must be so, because they could not have arrived at their belief in any other way than by being open minded. 

Their reasoning is a perfect circle, and every time they go around the circle, it always comes out the same way.  Sensing that the outcome will always be the same, they conclude that they have discovered an ultimate truth, and they feel like they are open minded, because in the face of doubt, they are always open minded enough to take another trip around their beloved circle and prove the "truth" to themselves one more time.
I have never told anyone to listen to my views and denied theirs.
What I learned on this forum is that it is Atheists that DONT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ELSE BUT THEIR VIEWS.
Well, I would expect an atheist to listen to my view, and to accept or reject.
Now that is 'Open minded".
But the way I experience atheists is "I dont want to hear anything but what I believe".
not very intelligent indeed!
However, I was like that 10 years ago.
Perhaps it has to do with the will to know as much as possible, or to live in a cave because I am sure there are monsters out there.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.