News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The ONE THING?

Started by Mousetrap, July 04, 2018, 03:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 05, 2018, 01:07:05 PM

Who was it who planted a tree with cursed fruit right in the middle of the garden meant as the only source of food for people with no concept of right and wrong? Who was it who decided that the only solution to those people falling for the trap of his own creation was to curse the ENTIRE EARTH, along with all of their descendants? Who was it who decided that allowing those two to continue with the plan of populating the earth was a good idea rather than making them infertile and starting over again fresh? No, God does not get to avoid responsibility for creating a world filled with misery, and especially not be passing that blame onto us. A teenager masturbating the shower has no relevance to a blue footed booby mother allowing one of its young to starve to death so it can focus all of its resources on its other chick. God's design, God's responsibility.

I find it interesting that you have a much better way to create a world than what your distortion of Genesis says?
You are actually a very holy divinity.
Idol worship perhaps?
It really seems you also never read the Bible.
But we will get there
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

I'm lumping these two together because they're essentially the same point. First of all, biology is a science, so I don't know why you're listing them together like they're separate fields. Second, several sciences hinge on evolution, including medicine and psychology. For instance, do you know why people get vaccinations every year? It's because micro-organisms evolve, and what works as a defense against one strain doesn't work against another. When vaccinations make the defenses of one strain ineffective, another strain takes its place and takes dominance. That's how evolution works; organisms responding to environmental pressures.

Also, the age of the universe does put a huge cog in a Biblical literalist's theology. The two creation stories in Genesis do not match reality. They're much, much too short and all in the wrong order. Not to mention the lack of death meaning that all the dinosaurs would have to have lived in recent history, which is absolutely laughable.

I disagree, no scientific fact hinges on Evolution.
This is only an opinion.
Viruses that turns resistant to certain environmental factors, has sweet nothing to do with evolution.
All that happened is that the Virus that had resistance survived, and those that did not died.
You still have the same virus.
to clain this as evidence of evolution is realy so far fetched, one can call that a religion worse than the accusation of the existence of father Christmas.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Mousetrap

You're missing the point again. The same arguments used as "evidence"* for the Christian God can and have been used as evidence for every other god. Look up a video on YouTube of just any random Muslim apologist, and I guarantee you at least 90% of the arguments they make will sound very familiar to you. I have no more reason to believe in the Christian God than to believe in any other god. And yes, that is a big problem for you if you want to convince people your religion is true. Not only do you have to prove that a god exists, you have to prove that YOUR god exists.

*Note, evidence and arguments are NOT the same things.
Talk about missing the point, What the heck does a Muslim have to do with anything I said.
Again you are attempting to generalize to somehow paint YHWH and the Islamic Allah as the same God, and the Bible the same as the Quran.
Why do you even go this direction?
Secondly, all I heard from you is argument after argument, and not a single bit of evidence.
Who are you preaching to?

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 05, 2018, 01:30:54 PM
I really hope you're joking about that.  Attacking a theory so firmly supported to boost what I can most charitably call conjecture about the nature of the universe is a fool's errand.  It also pretty much guarantees you'll be forever regarded as both a science-denying fool and a credulous religious bumpkin by both atheists and a sizable chunk of Christians as well.

I really hope you are joking about that too.
There is no evidence that evolution ever worked.
Only the wishful thinking of atheists calling them self biologists that think the more they claim evolution was proven, the more people will believe it is a science.
I do not know if you ever went and looked at the facts set out by BEBE in Darwins' black box.
Then you should go and read what the Atheist evolutionists use as explanations to contra BEBE's studies.
It is silly and incredible to think that educated men can even believe themself on the rubbish they try to sell.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 05, 2018, 01:37:21 PM
A quick interjection here, Mousetrap.  You do not have a 'theory' but a hypothesis.  A theory has already been proven to be true.  Yes, one can, with proper data and testing, disprove a theory--but the new theory is still a proven theory.  A hypothesis is a statement that has not been test yet.  There has not been a single theory that god exists yet.
Oh, but you are wrong.
My theory was proven.
Science actually proven it correct for more than 200 years.
Every detail I found about the origins of the Universe described over 4000 years ago was proven correct by scientists who calls themself atheists!.
But we will get there.

Mousetrap

Quote from: aitm on July 05, 2018, 09:47:30 PM
When one call the evolution an "erroneous theory" it's time to simply walk out the room and close the door behind you...there is no conversation with these. It's like talking to a mousetrap....it's just wood a little paint and a cheap spring.
...And then to claim, I was openminded and listened to all the facts and came to a conclusion....
If I were to say what you say, I will be the laughing stock of the Atheist world for believing in God!
Yet, when I am openminded and know I listened to Atheists and came to a conclusion, then I can critisize you.
Dont you think it is nice if I am willing to investigate, and you put your head in a hole and let life pass you by?
Why did everyone promise me Atheists are openminded and intelligent?
Am I Wrong in such an assumption?
Are you an example of what the atheist mind reallt consists of...ignorance!!!

SGOS

I think Mousetrap has shown at this point who he is.  I thought he was going to keep up the deception a little while longer before revealing outright that he is an low information fanatic, but this evolution thing made him lose control of himself.

Mousetrap

Quote from: SGOS on July 06, 2018, 07:40:35 AM
I think Mousetrap has shown at this point who he is.  I thought he was going to keep up the deception a little while longer before revealing outright that he is an low information fanatic, but this evolution thing made him lose control of himself.
Are you also just going to walk away because you dont like what others know and observed?
Or are you an open minded Atheist that investigate all claims?
I sincerely hope you are one of the intellectual ones.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 05:10:37 AM
I disagree, no scientific fact hinges on Evolution.
This is only an opinion.
Viruses that turns resistant to certain environmental factors, has sweet nothing to do with evolution.
All that happened is that the Virus that had resistance survived, and those that did not died.
You still have the same virus.
to clain this as evidence of evolution is realy so far fetched, one can call that a religion worse than the accusation of the existence of father Christmas.
Verily, I say unto you, have faith---blind faith.  And so you do.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 05:22:23 AM
Oh, but you are wrong.
My theory was proven.
Science actually proven it correct for more than 200 years.
Every detail I found about the origins of the Universe described over 4000 years ago was proven correct by scientists who calls themself atheists!.
But we will get there.
No, it is you who is wrong.  You have no theory about any god.  You do have speculation, which I even hesitate to call a legit hypothesis. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: aitm on July 05, 2018, 09:45:10 PM
yep.....this one is one slippery....er......nah.....just another typical nu.....xian.

I don't even think this guy is necessarily a Christian, I think he just came here to say the most blatantly wrong things in the hope of pissing people off.

Which apparently he is being slightly successful at. The only thing more pathetic than that is the people here who are agreeing with him...

Like, it's not possible to be unintentionally wrong about literally everything you open you mouth about... right?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 07:51:12 AM
Are you also just going to walk away because you dont like what others know and observed?
Or are you an open minded Atheist that investigate all claims?
I sincerely hope you are one of the intellectual ones.
You seem to assume that you are the first theist that has come here to berate the ignorant atheists.  You seem to think you are the first to come here with your observations.  Read back on dozens of old threads to see that that is not even close.  Your wonderful, eyeopening new ideas of yours are simply tired platitudes from a totally deluded theist.  You are simply turning into a chew toy--and a tired one at that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2018, 08:57:14 AM
No, it is you who is wrong.  You have no theory about any god.  You do have speculation, which I even hesitate to call a legit hypothesis.
But you did not even see what I will write about my theory.
Please be patient, your call will be answered.
and keep your mind open to other things except what you want to hear.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2018, 09:00:56 AM
You seem to assume that you are the first theist that has come here to berate the ignorant atheists.  You seem to think you are the first to come here with your observations.  Read back on dozens of old threads to see that that is not even close.  Your wonderful, eyeopening new ideas of yours are simply tired platitudes from a totally deluded theist.  You are simply turning into a chew toy--and a tired one at that.
And again, if I read the arguments made by Atheists on why the Bible can not reconcile with science, I am also not very impressed with both the Atheists and Apologists.
But again, why the preconceived bias?
are you an open minded Atheist, or does it hurt to think that there might be some truth in the Bible you dont know about?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 09:13:57 AM
And again, if I read the arguments made by Atheists on why the Bible can not reconcile with science, I am also not very impressed with both the Atheists and Apologists.
But again, why the preconceived bias?
are you an open minded Atheist, or does it hurt to think that there might be some truth in the Bible you dont know about?
Prattle on, please do.  Have you read what this group of atheists have to say?  I don't think so.  Looking into our past threads would be too much work, it seems.  And you seem so very impressed with your new and radical ideas that are so obvious that they will 'wow!' us into acceptance of them.  Yet, if you look back at the history of the postings on this site, you are not new, your ideas are not new and your approach is not new.  You are using a very much used approach--so used as to be overused, actually, and tired. 

So, okay, the suspense is killing me--please reveal your life-changing prattle..............er, information.