News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi everyone here from SA.

Started by Mousetrap, July 04, 2018, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 06, 2018, 07:10:28 PM
Yeah, Christianity - defending the indefensible for 2000 years!

Dr Who was behind it all, but he had the Jews take a vow of silence about it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, either they broke their silence - or they broke wind.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 03:26:29 AM
realy, who's money was it the priests used to purchase the land?

The contradiction isn't in where the money came from. It's in who bought it. Apparently the people who wrote the Bible ascribe to the Obi-Wan Kenobi brand of "truth."

Fuck off with that.

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 03:26:29 AM
please supply me with the verse where it say JUDAS WAS WALKING AND HE FELL AND HIS GUTS SPILL OUT.

It's implied. You like your "implied" messages when it comes to the Bible, don't you? It says he fell "headlong." How would he fall headlong if he was hung from a tree? He was walking, he tripped, and he cut his gut open. That's what it says.

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 03:26:29 AMso, who is now the one who twists the Bible.

Still you. I noticed you ignored my suggestion to look up notes on the Acts account as well. How can you expect to learn from the Bible if you're too lazy to open it?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

ferdmonger

Mousetrap, seriously... I'm new here as well, but I've been around the block.

If you think you're the first to use AIG as a way to make atheists cower in the corner, you are badly mistaken.

Unbeliever

I live in a roundhouse, so I never cower in a corner...;-)
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 08, 2018, 07:06:37 PM

Shh ... first rule of fight club is ... don't talk about fight club!  (a kind of brawl).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 08, 2018, 07:06:37 PM

Ostensibly why the house in "Blair Witch" had corners.

No corners, no curse.

Great.  Now I have to remodel my house.

Unbeliever

Well, actually I was pulling your leg - I haven't lived in a house of any kind, round or otherwise, for decades.
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: ferdmonger on July 08, 2018, 06:55:40 PM
Mousetrap, seriously... I'm new here as well, but I've been around the block.

If you think you're the first to use AIG as a way to make atheists cower in the corner, you are badly mistaken.

Hell, I even read the Answers in Genesis book when I was a kid. Wasn't impressed with it then, either. It failed to answer any of my questions.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 09:29:04 AM
And here we have the representative of Atheist mentality at its best.
Poor soul, do you agree that you are a bad person that lives in a dark and safe cave, too scared of the light?

I probably shouldn't bother answering this, as others have already done it, but I can't let let such idiocy pass by without response.

Mousetrap, I live in the light.  The light is the reality of reason and fact.  I pay attention to the factual world, not your imagined world of faith in spirits, superstition, and imagination.  Imagined beings like deities are not part of my world.  I do not think of them in normal everyday life, nor do I think of them in my sleep.  In fact, the only time I ever think of such damn-foolish nonsense is when I see posts like yours here. 

And in case you are thinking "Oh good he is thinking about God", no I'm not.  I just see a person trapped in the sad superstitious ideas of the past before we normal (dare I say "advanced") humans began to understand that the universe is understandable without deities, that humans can develop ethics by themselves, and religious rules normally make little sense except for the rules we humans had already figured out on our own.

In short, you are basically a retrograde thinker, stuck in ancient thought.  You might just as well worship Zeus or Odin or Mithra for all I care. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on July 09, 2018, 02:10:13 AM
I probably shouldn't bother answering this, as others have already done it, but I can't let let such idiocy pass by without response.

In short, you are basically a retrograde thinker, stuck in ancient thought.  You might just as well worship Zeus or Odin or Mithra for all I care.
Really?
So without even taking into consideration on what I will tell you, you already decide I am wrong.
Friend, you can carry on to defend this point of view until the horses grow horns, it will remain a display of ignorance and bias.
:smile: :smile2: :snooty:
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 08, 2018, 10:00:02 PM
Hell, I even read the Answers in Genesis book when I was a kid. Wasn't impressed with it then, either. It failed to answer any of my questions.
Same here.
Especially when Ham tries to force science to fit in with an Earth created before the Sun.
That is simply put, silly.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 09, 2018, 03:24:29 AM
Same here.
Especially when Ham tries to force science to fit in with an Earth created before the Sun.
That is simply put, silly.

Every biblical quote or theistic assumption just sets you deeper in irrationality.  Keep it up.  I can just sit here and let you dig your hole deeper.

pr126

No religious scripture is to be taken literally.
They were written on hearsay by various people as stories many centuries ago.

As I have mentioned a few times, all religions/deities are human creations. No exceptions.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 09, 2018, 03:56:54 AM
No religious scripture is to be taken literally.
They were written on hearsay by various people as stories many centuries ago.

As I have mentioned a few times, all religions/deities are human creations. No exceptions.

We agree on that.  But a lot of damn fools don't.  They take the bible or other religious texts literally.  And THAT is where the problem is.