Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi everyone here from SA.

Started by Mousetrap, July 04, 2018, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 05, 2018, 11:03:46 AM
Let's try this again then.

... In Issac Newton's time, late 17th - early 18th century, science that contradicted this Biblical claim was sparse. Were the scientific sources you claim you searched written in the late 17th to early 18th century? I am thinking they must have been because the current science says it didn't happen the way the Bible claims it did.

I would like you to remember this post you have sent, for this is the actual misconception Atheists has about the connection of the Bible and science.
I would only require from you the assurance that you do know that Isaac Newton was one of the worlds greatest scientists, as well as unequaled in his Biblical research.
Later today I will open my link to discuss the creation epic and Science.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 05, 2018, 11:05:29 AM
LOL at Answers in Genesis. That explains a lot. Why don't you try some actual scientific sources as opposed to religious propaganda.
I investigated the Question in Question already in 2007 when Answering Genesis still did not have these apologetic s.
I deliberately chose Answering Genesis to show you your Bias.
I am not a supporter of Ken Ham and most of his theories.
However, the answer on this question is a valid one, and due to your bias, all you can do is to laugh at the answer because it comes from a creationist website.

I can also laugh, for instance if I refer to Atheists such as Richard Dawkins where he was caught out as a 'pan-spermian' by Ben Shapiro.
Does that make all Dawkin's statements false?
No, it does not, because I never pre -conceive a person's faults with the facts that he has from which all could learn.
I am sorry to have set that trap, but hope I have demonstrated that you should never be superficial in finding facts.
This is what shows our intelligence.
Sorting the bad from the good.
else we would not have been sitting and talking to each other now if our ancestors did not have this cognitive abilities.
I apologize again for having to show you your bias towards facts.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 05, 2018, 11:19:50 AM
Oh?  Is that my claim?  Or did I merely present that in response to your absurd claim of biblical consistency?
Yes it was your claim.
You claimed that you had an example of a contradiction which you posted boastfully as an test where I had to give you an answer.
Did you forget?
All I did is to give you an answer, yet, you now retract your claim after I asked you if this was your best reason to claim the Bible is full of contradictions.
All you did was to visit the skeptics annotated Bible, took a contradiction that is not one, and played the role of Judge.
I bet you you NEVER EVEN READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF.
Please do not be so aggressive it is not what intelligent minds do.
I always am told how Atheists are OPEN MINDED and how they investigated all the facts before coming to conclusions.
I would love to talk to such people on this forum.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 05, 2018, 09:22:44 PM
...First of all, one account says that Judas bought the land, the other said that the priests bought the land because Judas tossed them back the "blood money" they paid him, and they couldn't keep it. The first account doesn't say it was bought with Judas' money. It says he bought it. That's a contradiction.
realy, who's money was it the priests used to purchase the land?

Quote from: Second, one account says that Judas' hung himself. The other says he was walking in the field when he tripped and fell onto a rock spilled his guts out. It doesn't say that he was bloated and fell from a tree, spilling out his guts after he was already dead. This just goes to show the lengths apologists will go to twist scripture to say whatever is convenient for them.[/quote
please supply me with the verse where it say JUDAS WAS WALKING AND HE FELL AND HIS GUTS SPILL OUT.

so, who is now the one who twists the Bible.
You added the words "Judas walked in a field".
Please give me your references.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 02:58:09 AM
I investigated the Question in Question already in 2007 when Answering Genesis still did not have these apologetic s.
I deliberately chose Answering Genesis to show you your Bias.
I am not a supporter of Ken Ham and most of his theories.
However, the answer on this question is a valid one, and due to your bias, all you can do is to laugh at the answer because it comes from a creationist website.

I can also laugh, for instance if I refer to Atheists such as Richard Dawkins where he was caught out as a 'pan-spermian' by Ben Shapiro.
Does that make all Dawkin's statements false?
No, it does not, because I never pre -conceive a person's faults with the facts that he has from which all could learn.
I am sorry to have set that trap, but hope I have demonstrated that you should never be superficial in finding facts.
This is what shows our intelligence.
Sorting the bad from the good.
else we would not have been sitting and talking to each other now if our ancestors did not have this cognitive abilities.
I apologize again for having to show you your bias towards facts.

So in other words you are being a dishonest prick by deliberately misrepresenting your position. I guess I shouldn't have expected any better considering that's the modus operandi of many of the Christians that visit our forum for discussion.

Last chance then. I gave you some examples of stories from the Bible that I believe conflict with science. What is your take on the Biblical creation story, the flood, and Jonah and the whale? How do these stories not conflict with science? Answer that simple question honestly and we can continue this conversation. Don't answer it, and you can go fuck yourself.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mike Cl

Mousetrap, can you explain why Gen. 1 is different than Gen. 2?  These are two different stories.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mousetrap

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 06, 2018, 08:22:19 AM
So in other words you are being a dishonest prick by deliberately misrepresenting your position. I guess I shouldn't have expected any better considering that's the modus operandi of many of the Christians that visit our forum for discussion.

Last chance then. I gave you some examples of stories from the Bible that I believe conflict with science. What is your take on the Biblical creation story, the flood, and Jonah and the whale? How do these stories not conflict with science? Answer that simple question honestly and we can continue this conversation. Don't answer it, and you can go fuck yourself.
Glad you asked.
Look at my thread on the Origins of the Universe over the next few days, and lets see if you can swallow a whale of information you never had before.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2018, 09:03:53 AM
Mousetrap, can you explain why Gen. 1 is different than Gen. 2?  These are two different stories.
I will gt to that too, but who said it is a chronological sequential follow up?
Is the one not a description of 7 days, and the other a detailed description of what happened on the 6th day?
look at the separation between the two descriptions...
Quote from: Gen 2:4These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, 
it says that this was how God created everything in 6 days, then it goes over to telling us what God did on the sixth day when he created man.
some will now say that god made animals first in Gen 1, but in Gen 2 He made animals after Man.
but this is not the case, because even though God created animals first, He also created animals to bring to Adam so he could name them.
Anyhow, this is a postulation and has nothing to do with The Bible ans science, but an age old argument made by Atheists who blatantly refuse to accept that Gen 2 describes day 6.

Mousetrap

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 06, 2018, 08:22:19 AM
Answer that simple question honestly and we can continue this conversation. Don't answer it, and you can go fuck yourself.
And here we have the representative of Atheist mentality at its best.
Poor soul, do you agree that you are a bad person that lives in a dark and safe cave, too scared of the light?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 09:29:04 AM
And here we have the representative of Atheist mentality at its best.
Poor soul, do you agree that you are a bad person that lives in a dark and safe cave, too scared of the light?
That would be my question to you, theist.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2018, 10:02:43 AM
That would be my question to you, theist.

He certainly reminds me of evangelicals who have visited us before.  Perhaps Cavebear had extra-sensor bear perception?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 06, 2018, 12:19:29 PM
He certainly reminds me of evangelicals who have visited us before.  Perhaps Cavebear had extra-sensor bear perception?
He also reminds me of several past visitors.  All of them thinking they were coming to the rescue of these poor atheists.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 06, 2018, 03:08:02 AM
All I did is to give you an answer, yet, you now retract your claim after I asked you if this was your best reason to claim the Bible is full of contradictions.
Yes, the Bible is full of contradictions and other errors:

Biblical Contradictions - by category

Please feel free to explain these to us ignorant atheists.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

ferdmonger

It would be very difficult to defend any of the nonsense you're defending.

The tearing of cloth, the earth shaking, the dead rising from their graves.  Remembered only by some, but not all.

I think I would remember shit like the above-mentioned.

Unbeliever

Yeah, Christianity - defending the indefensible for 2000 years!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman