News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi everyone here from SA.

Started by Mousetrap, July 04, 2018, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mousetrap

Well, I hope to learn a lot on this forum.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

pr126

Welcome.

SA? Saudi Arabia or South Africa?

Mousetrap

Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 04, 2018, 05:20:30 AM
South Africa. Johannesburg

Nice,  How did you become an atheist, If I might ask?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

I grew up in the Netherlandse Gereformed Church.
I got fedup with the politics and silly teachings by men who stood in front of congregations just to make money.
Once I investigated what the Church believed in, I decided I was not impressed at all, and went to many other churches.
I continued my investigation, (15 years on and off about)and eventually studied Mormonism, and Jehovah Witnesses (Bible & Tract Society), Catholicism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Budism, and a heck of a lot more isms.

Eventually I realized that no logical intelligent person can believe in any such concoctions as what religions are spreading.
I then called myself Agnostic. Only because I was a coward to admit I was an atheist.
I reckoned an Theist can not prove God's existence, neither can an Atheist disprove this entity.
Safer to be an agnostic.

At the age of about 40 I decided I want to make a study of religious scriptures after a Muslim gave me a DVD where Zakir Naik and William Campbell had a debate in 2000 about "Science, the Bible and Quran.
He thought I would be a nice candidate to become a Muslim because he saw how I always used to argue with Christians about their religion.

To say the truth, I never bothered to investigate the Quran or Islam for that matter, and I was impressed by the information Zakir Naik used to decimate Campbell.
I then bought a Quran, Hadith and the book by Maurice Buchaille and started to intensely study Islam.
Well, I was totally disappointed in the Islamic religion, and refused to embrace it due to the total disinformation spread by it's scholars as a revelation in miracle form from God!
But what I did learn was that :
NEVER JUDGE A RELIGION IF YOU NEVER STUDIED THEIR HOLY BOOKS!
I then decided to go back to all the religions of before, and to re evaluate their Books, not their institutions.
The Book of Mormon, Insight (JW.org), Upanishad, Bagiva Ghita, Aquarius, Gilgamesh, Creation epoch, Mysticism, Dianetics, and hundreds more,...
only to be able to disprove them all when tested with Science, History, archaeology, Mathematics, and other logical sciences.

However, when I studied these religions, I was amaised at the comical and silly history and values it contained, and billions of people believer in this rubbish.

Now, this is where the whole story engaged into a twist I never expected.
In an argument with a Christian one day, he proved to everyone that I never read and investigated the Bible.
Every argument I uttered, he answered with ease.Evolution, History, Archaeology, Geology, Cosmology, science, etc.
His final words was: You never read the Bible, but claim you know what it says because you heard how others read it when you were in church.However, if I were to criticize Newton, without reading his principia, you would call me a fool. You are an educated person and read thousands of books on your trade, but never read the Bible, and you call it false!"

It made me realize that he was correct,I did not know the Bible as I do all the other holy books of religion.

Well I studied the Bible and measured it with science, History, Archaeology and whatever I could get my hands on, and today I am yet to find a contradiction with it and these sciences.
Needless to say, I am a Bible believing Christian, who believes in the Trinity and Bible only.
I do not belong to any church, neither do I condemn or condone any.

Hope we will talk a lot in future.

Baruch

Welcome also.  Sorry for where you live, politically.  And every nation has a sucky past.  Even Bantu are colonists, just got there before the Dutch ... ask the Bushmen about it.  And the Zulus!  A very war-like hybrid ... but respect for the fighting trim.

Here in the US we are returning to the 1960s, only without good music ... getting ready for Civil War ... with or without Marxist revolution and race war.  History and prejudice is a gift that keeps on giving.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 04, 2018, 05:58:09 AM
Well I studied the Bible and measured it with science, History, Archaeology and whatever I could get my hands on, and today I am yet to find a contradiction with it and these sciences.

Poofing shit into existence, talking snakes, world wide floods, living inside whales, and you couldn't find any contradictions with science? Were your science sources written in Newton's day?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 04, 2018, 07:56:03 AM
Poofing shit into existence, talking snakes, world wide floods, living inside whales, and you couldn't find any contradictions with science? Were your science sources written in Newton's day?

Yes, never read fiction ... it is all lies ... obviously ;-)  Yes, it was very disturbing so many people wanting Harry Potter to be real.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 04, 2018, 05:58:09 AM
I grew up in the Netherlandse Gereformed Church.
I got fedup with the politics and silly teachings by men who stood in front of congregations just to make money.
Once I investigated what the Church believed in, I decided I was not impressed at all, and went to many other churches.
I continued my investigation, (15 years on and off about)and eventually studied Mormonism, and Jehovah Witnesses (Bible & Tract Society), Catholicism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Budism, and a heck of a lot more isms.

Eventually I realized that no logical intelligent person can believe in any such concoctions as what religions are spreading.
I then called myself Agnostic. Only because I was a coward to admit I was an atheist.
I reckoned an Theist can not prove God's existence, neither can an Atheist disprove this entity.
Safer to be an agnostic.

At the age of about 40 I decided I want to make a study of religious scriptures after a Muslim gave me a DVD where Zakir Naik and William Campbell had a debate in 2000 about "Science, the Bible and Quran.
He thought I would be a nice candidate to become a Muslim because he saw how I always used to argue with Christians about their religion.

To say the truth, I never bothered to investigate the Quran or Islam for that matter, and I was impressed by the information Zakir Naik used to decimate Campbell.
I then bought a Quran, Hadith and the book by Maurice Buchaille and started to intensely study Islam.
Well, I was totally disappointed in the Islamic religion, and refused to embrace it due to the total disinformation spread by it's scholars as a revelation in miracle form from God!
But what I did learn was that :
NEVER JUDGE A RELIGION IF YOU NEVER STUDIED THEIR HOLY BOOKS!
I then decided to go back to all the religions of before, and to re evaluate their Books, not their institutions.
The Book of Mormon, Insight (JW.org), Upanishad, Bagiva Ghita, Aquarius, Gilgamesh, Creation epoch, Mysticism, Dianetics, and hundreds more,...
only to be able to disprove them all when tested with Science, History, archaeology, Mathematics, and other logical sciences.

However, when I studied these religions, I was amaised at the comical and silly history and values it contained, and billions of people believer in this rubbish.

Now, this is where the whole story engaged into a twist I never expected.
In an argument with a Christian one day, he proved to everyone that I never read and investigated the Bible.
Every argument I uttered, he answered with ease.Evolution, History, Archaeology, Geology, Cosmology, science, etc.
His final words was: You never read the Bible, but claim you know what it says because you heard how others read it when you were in church.However, if I were to criticize Newton, without reading his principia, you would call me a fool. You are an educated person and read thousands of books on your trade, but never read the Bible, and you call it false!"

It made me realize that he was correct,I did not know the Bible as I do all the other holy books of religion.

Needless to say, I am a Bible believing Christian, who believes in the Trinity and Bible only.
I do not belong to any church, neither do I condemn or condone any.

Hope we will talk a lot in future.
I searched for answers for a long time.  Then I finally read the entire Bible and many, many commentaries about it.  I then realized that it was simply a collection of stories written by ancient peoples to explain to them how the world worked and cobbled together by men who wanted to control the masses of their people and become rich and powerful.  They succeeded.  However the bible is simply drivel with no substance whatsoever.  I do not understand how an able minded person can believe that stuff.  I came to the exact opposite conclusion you did.  The bible IS a clever document in that one can make it say whatever they want it to.  BTW, which bible are you referring to?  There are literally hundreds of different ones out there, all professing to be THE word of god.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Our new guy, if he is Dutch Reformed ... is a Calvinist ... moderate Arminian or more Fundy.  But definitely interpreted thru Jean Cauvin (John Calvin).  His Bible may be in Dutch or Afrikaans.  Certainly not in the Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek original.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 04, 2018, 07:56:03 AM
As a matter of fact, your comments do not not really carry any well thought out educational bias.
Lets see, who said:
"Throughout my life I studied the Bible every day and could not find a single contradiction with the use of experimental and theoretical science."
I am sure a certain Newton, not sure which one, said this, or something similar than this.
Perhaps you can assist on whether science at the time of SIR ISAAC NEWTON was poor, or whether you believe SIR ISAAC NEWTON was a poofy scientist.
please elaborate.

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 04, 2018, 10:18:23 AM
As a matter of fact, your comments do not not really carry any well thought out educational bias.
Lets see, who said:
"Throughout my life I studied the Bible every day and could not find a single contradiction with the use of experimental and theoretical science."
I am sure a certain Newton, not sure which one, said this, or something similar than this.
Perhaps you can assist on whether science at the time of SIR ISAAC NEWTON was poor, or whether you believe SIR ISAAC NEWTON was a poofy scientist.
please elaborate.

I think you are over-interpreting Popeye's comment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 04, 2018, 09:23:12 AM
  BTW, which bible are you referring to?  There are literally hundreds of different ones out there, all professing to be THE word of god.
I would recommend any Bible you please.
There are 2 main translation versions which one is what we named the King James Version, and the other the newer translations such as the NIV.
both have the same contents but a few differences.
But you are welcome to talk about any Bible you want, they all are translated from ancient manuscripts in the language of Hebrew and Greek.

If you say there are hundreds of Bibles out there, all of them will have, for instance, the crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus in them. It is not that they differ in the historical contents, where you would like to create an impression that there are 100 different Bibles, and they dont say the same thing at all. Such a thought is totally incorrect and smothered in bias.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 04, 2018, 10:07:28 AM
Our new guy, if he is Dutch Reformed ... is a Calvinist ... moderate Arminian or more Fundy.  But definitely interpreted thru Jean Cauvin (John Calvin).  His Bible may be in Dutch or Afrikaans.  Certainly not in the Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek original.
It will be very difficult to have the originals.
But I do have a huge collection of bibles and 4 software programs.
My personal Bible is the Hebrew Roots Bible, then the KJV.