transgenderism and gay conversion 'therapy'

Started by Munch, July 03, 2018, 04:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: pr126 on July 09, 2018, 01:19:46 PM
OK, ask yourself when this "phenomenon" started to go mainstream? 10, 5, or 2 years ago?

Did this happen in your school days? Was this always so?

Are we normalizing mental illness?
PR, you're going a little sideways on this. We have known that humans have been born with both genitalia since day one. We have never had a clue what to do about it. Doctors have been removing the least developed in favor of the most believing this was proof of the true sex. No doubt there are some that latch on to a cause for their own purposes, but now that we are understanding the human genetic more we can and should start to understand the particulars of the position.

A little consideration for those fucked over by genetics seems like a small price. We make similar concessions for lots of "normal" people who are just ass-holes.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on July 10, 2018, 04:22:42 AM
Let me virtue signal for another miserable oppressed group, the transgendered people whom we are creating daily by the thousands,

do you honestly believe that more trans people are being manufactured because of our culture?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

aitm wrote
QuoteA little consideration for those fucked over by genetics seems like a small price. We make similar concessions for lots of "normal" people who are just ass-holes.

Ah, so the whole issue is just one giant virtue signaling drive to leave genetically mal[in]formed people alone.

Odd that we did not notice them before. Where did they all hide?
What is the issue with the 50 + genders? (There are no set numbers of genders)
The legislated various pronouns? (rewrite the dictionaries?)
The "mixed" restrooms, locker rooms? 
The children's nurseries indoctrination efforts?

Where did it come from?

Why only whites affected by this "genetic" disorder? I don't see children/adults from other ethnicities suffering from this "genetic" disorder. 

Does this make you think?

Is it all in the mind? 
Or as I suspect it is [political] ideologically driven?
I know that these questions are not politically correct.

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on July 10, 2018, 08:42:47 PM
do you honestly believe that more trans people are being manufactured because of our culture?

Yes. Absolutely.

Why start in kindergarten? Because toddlers are easy to manipulate. Just as easy as Marxist airheads.

Oh, and “our culture”?  Do you see other ethnicities, cultures with similar problems?

Here is a scenario.

A Muslim/Black/Latino majority school in the US.
Western Marxist teacher starts explaining to the children the transgender ideology.

How long before the parents do something nasty to those teachers and the school, assuming they are even set a foot in the place?

Baruch

There are 27 genders (not counting actual hermaphrodites and paraphilia).  Three ranges of male to female body, three ranges of sexual attraction to male or female partner and three ranges of gender stereotype.  3x3x3=27.  Most people however are in just two categories.

Sorry, your Biblical level of biological knowledge is dated.  Even Jesus recognized eunuchs.

Straight people, who aren't attracted to a male partner, will resist man-dating language ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Are there two genders or more than that?  Seems like an odd thing to get triggered over. How does either affect society negatively?  OK, it pisses some people off, but what are the actual negative impacts?  I said somewhere else that I didn't want to learn more pronouns, but that was meant to be an obviously shallow response.  I'm talking about negative impacts. 

So far, the arguments against transgenderism sound suspiciously like the old arguments that gays will try to make young children gay.  And I'm sure some people still buy that, but you don't hear that argument much anymore, probably because there is no evidence to support it.  It sounds suspiciously like the argument that gay marriage should not be allowed because marriage requires two genders, which is entirely a problem of semantics, rather than societal harm.  So I'm not jumping on the manipulation of children argument as a reason to oppose transgenderism right away.

Parents manipulate children and do things to them that impact them negatively.  It happens all the time, sometimes in minor ways, and sometimes in destructive ways.  Furthermore, we expect parents to do this as a responsibility.  Is our reaction to transgenderism as destructive as the other things we do to youth under the sacred banner of family?  Is it as destructive as forcing left handed children to write with their other hand?  Before we outlaw it, lets find out if it's harmful.  And being pissed about it doesn't address the actual harm.

I don't understand transgenderism all that well, but that doesn't warrant taking sides on the issue, and is not a good measure of whether it's a negative impact either.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on July 11, 2018, 07:34:03 AM
There are 27 genders (not counting actual hermaphrodites and paraphilia).  Three ranges of male to female body, three ranges of sexual attraction to male or female partner and three ranges of gender stereotype.  3x3x3=27.  Most people however are in just two categories.

Sorry, your Biblical level of biological knowledge is dated.  Even Jesus recognized eunuchs.

Straight people, who aren't attracted to a male partner, will resist man-dating language ;-)

That's very...   progressive.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 11, 2018, 08:59:54 AM

That's very...   progressive.

People mistakenly think I eat little children on my Comet Pizza with President Trump ... but that is Democrats ;-)

I am centrist, not progressive (Marxist).  Not regressive either (Monarchist).  There is no progress, just virtue signaling by the next generation who thinks they know it all, and don't.

Now talking furries with the bronies would be progressive ... if you think you are Mr Ed stuck in the body of Wilbur.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on July 11, 2018, 05:47:35 PM
Then you're retarded.
Ad hominem is not an argument.
Unless you have nothing else.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 12, 2018, 03:10:35 AM
Ad hominem is not an argument.
Unless you have nothing else.

Edna Hominem is her name ;-)

She and Shiranu will definitely argue for public sex by bronies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: pr126 on July 11, 2018, 02:07:13 AM
aitm wrote
Ah, so the whole issue is just one giant virtue signaling drive to leave genetically mal[in]formed people alone.

Odd that we did not notice them before. Where did they all hide?
What is the issue with the 50 + genders? (There are no set numbers of genders)
The legislated various pronouns? (rewrite the dictionaries?)
The "mixed" restrooms, locker rooms? 
The children's nurseries indoctrination efforts?

Where did it come from?

Why only whites affected by this "genetic" disorder? I don't see children/adults from other ethnicities suffering from this "genetic" disorder. 

Does this make you think?

Is it all in the mind? 
Or as I suspect it is [political] ideologically driven?
I know that these questions are not politically correct.

Wow...you really did go off the rails. Okay then....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: pr126 on July 11, 2018, 02:07:13 AMThe "mixed" restrooms, locker rooms? 
Hey!  Some of us have fond memories of that Starship Troopers shower scene!  In the future, we're not quite as prudish and insane.

*footage of Klendathu assault which quickly and spectacularly fails*

Well, still insane.  Less prudish, though.