The Philosophy of Incredibles 2: Why Screenslaver is RIGHT

Started by GSOgymrat, July 03, 2018, 01:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

A good summary of why Incredibles 2 is thoughtful and rather subversive.

https://youtu.be/ujgwEldk5Jk

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

The World, Vidiots since the 50s.  Now on a cell phone near you.  The app developers have admitted that it is all dopamine triggering per neuro-linguistic-programming ... and the only point is your eyes, for advertisements.  Dr Pavlov wasn't wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

OMG!  I just watched Avengers Civil War where the Government's arguement against them was that, in some way, the attack of the supervillians was caused by the EXISTENCE of the Avengers themselves. 

And then I just read a spoiler of The Incredibles 2 where the same thing seems to be suggested.  Am I comparing apples to oranges or is this an interesting similarity?

Just a thought...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2018, 04:06:49 AM
OMG!  I just watched Avengers Civil War where the Government's arguement against them was that, in some way, the attack of the supervillians was caused by the EXISTENCE of the Avengers themselves. 

And then I just read a spoiler of The Incredibles 2 where the same thing seems to be suggested.  Am I comparing apples to oranges or is this an interesting similarity?

Just a thought...

Story ripoffs, just like the Bible.  The Babylonians need to sue the Jews for infringement (tzitzit .... get it?)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on July 04, 2018, 07:45:27 AM
Dr Pavlov wasn't wrong.
The Car Talk guys, Click and Clack, had a director of Pavlovian studies named Isabelle Ringing...

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 14, 2018, 02:19:57 PM
The Car Talk guys, Click and Clack, had a director of Pavlovian studies named Isabelle Ringing...

;-)

I used to listen to those guys.  Never understood a car repair thing they said, but I vaguely felt smarter (like talking to a friend and asking if he had checked the frammistat).