Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi everyone here from SA.

Started by Mousetrap, July 04, 2018, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 11, 2018, 09:36:43 AM
OK So you dont believe in it?
There's nothing to believe or not believe in it. It's not the kind of thing that the phrase "believe in" makes any sense applied to it.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 11, 2018, 10:00:41 AM
There's nothing to believe or not believe in it. It's not the kind of thing that the phrase "believe in" makes any sense applied to it.
Ok, I get it.
You dont believe in Atheism, because there is nothing to believe in.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 11, 2018, 09:36:43 AM
OK So you dont believe in it?
No, I don't 'believe' in it.  I don't believe in anything.  I know atheism is accurate since I rely on facts, data, and critical thinking.  Beliefs have nothing to do with it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mousetrap

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 11, 2018, 10:16:33 AM
No, I don't 'believe' in it.  I don't believe in anything.  I know atheism is accurate since I rely on facts, data, and critical thinking.  Beliefs have nothing to do with it.
Thanks for admitting you dont believe in atheism.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 11, 2018, 10:20:43 AM
Thanks for admitting you dont believe in atheism.
Thanks.  Don't need belief to know that atheism is accurate and true.  You, on the other hand, must rely on belief, for facts show that is all you have--belief.  But, hey, whatever gets you thru the night as you huddle in your cave. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 11, 2018, 10:06:43 AM
Ok, I get it.
You dont believe in Atheism, because there is nothing to believe in.
You don't "believe" in atheism (a lack of theism) in the same way that you don't paint with a lack of paint or renovate a lack of a house.

Unbeliever

"Not believing" isn't the same as "believing not." I know it a fine distinction, but it's an important distinction.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 11, 2018, 01:52:55 PM
"Not believing" isn't the same as "believing not." I know it a fine distinction, but it's an important distinction.

Agnostic vs anti-religious.  "believing not" is more assertive, "not believing"" is more passive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 10, 2018, 10:30:33 AM
Or perhaps they live on preconceived ideas on what the Bible says.
Let me also inform you about my perception of Atheism.
I am 100% sure and convinced that Atheism is a religion!

Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair color...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!