Opposing the Transgender Movement

Started by pr126, June 30, 2018, 11:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Except those who do not participate in it, MADE to participate in it by law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiijS_9hPkM

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on June 30, 2018, 11:52:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiijS_9hPkM
As much as I like JP, he severely does not understand that law. It is illegal to officially refer to someone by their non-preferred pronouns in documents, especially legal documents. Informal incorrect pronouns are not punishable in any way shape or form.

And it should be that way.

At the same time, JP is right that it shouldn't be policed at a social and informal level. He absolutely has a point. For instance, me calling you a "her" or calling a girl a "him" should not be punishable. But also, it isn't illegal anyway, regardless of what the unhinged conservative media will tell you

PickelledEggs

pr126

Is it really because society really cares about the transgendered person's feeling or is it a political football for the purpose of social engineering?

It seems to me that this is a creation of a new victim group that was not visible before to further destabilize society and culture.

So I am asking where a 2-3-year-old child suddenly gets the idea that he/she is in the wrong body?
From their indoctrinated parents or teachers/childminders of state-controlled nurseries.

Also, why this phenomenon is restricted to western societies/cultures? 

Why are we in the west normalizing mental illness? Because of ideology/politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57T27M1ZXk

pr126

Baruch

There were examples, in the 80s, of anti-child-abuse counselors convincing tots of child abuse that never happened.  Influencing a child is a great responsibility ... and shouldn't be subject to politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 01, 2018, 01:12:17 AM
As much as I like JP, he severely does not understand that law. It is illegal to officially refer to someone by their non-preferred pronouns in documents, especially legal documents. Informal incorrect pronouns are not punishable in any way shape or form.

And it should be that way.

At the same time, JP is right that it shouldn't be policed at a social and informal level. He absolutely has a point. For instance, me calling you a "her" or calling a girl a "him" should not be punishable. But also, it isn't illegal anyway, regardless of what the unhinged conservative media will tell you
Now I get it.  This post probably did more to explain what all the flap was about better than anything I've read so far.  I've heard some discussions on NPR, but frankly I wasn't paying attention.  They were just a discussions, and no one was up in arms about anything.  I thought it was just a curious movement that was gaining some traction.  But I wasn't drawn in to it, and didn't sense a right or wrong to it.  At worst, I think I was irritated at the idea of more parts of speech that would need to be learned.  If it were up to me, I would get rid of some pronouns, rather than add more.  English is hard enough as it is. 

SGOS

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 01, 2018, 01:12:17 AM
But also, it isn't illegal anyway, regardless of what the unhinged conservative media will tell you
The right is as easily triggered as anyone else.  Probably more so.  The word triggered was sized by the right to disparage the left as overly emotional and adolescent, at least that's the way I perceive its use in this forum as people seem to delight in "triggering" the SJWs, but that's just another example of a right wing projection of one of their own short comings.  I don't think you can find a better example of how that right manages to trigger themselves into knots even without help from the left than this transgender identification issue.  Maybe the trans genders are going out of their way with the pronoun thing just to piss off the right, although I doubt it, because unlike the right, I don't sense they're are gloating over pissing off the opposition.

Johan

Oh you poor thing. The law is forcing you to make sure that when you create a legal document, you refer to a person as him or her according to their preference. Oh the fucking horror. How will you ever find the strength to live a somewhat normal existence again? Puh lease.

I say again. Someone else choosing to change their gender does not impact or effect you. At. All.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

PickelledEggs

Yeah, @SGOS , for instance, if I was a person working the dept of motor vehicles and I incorectly referred to you as "she" on a legal document, that would be punishable by law, but me saying she or whatever is not going to get me in any legal trouble.

And @pr126 mental illness? really? At least I know what I'm dealing with. If you're hell-bent on thinking gender dysphoria is the same as schizophrenia or dementia, then I don't really know how I'm supposed to have a conversation with you

PickelledEggs

I've been especially careful to not call someone a "closed-minded bigot" because of how freely it's been thrown around as of recent, but I can definitely say at this point, that pr, you are clinically, on a "definition of the words" level scale, a closed-minded bigot

Mermaid

Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 01, 2018, 10:40:34 AM
Yeah, @SGOS , for instance, if I was a person working the dept of motor vehicles and I incorectly referred to you as "she" on a legal document, that would be punishable by law, but me saying she or whatever is not going to get me in any legal trouble.

And @pr126 mental illness? really? At least I know what I'm dealing with. If you're hell-bent on thinking gender dysphoria is the same as schizophrenia or dementia, then I don't really know how I'm supposed to have a conversation with you

But should that person get executed by firing squad courtesy of the commissars?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on July 01, 2018, 10:37:52 AM
Oh you poor thing. The law is forcing you to make sure that when you create a legal document, you refer to a person as him or her according to their preference. Oh the fucking horror. How will you ever find the strength to live a somewhat normal existence again? Puh lease.

I say again. Someone else choosing to change their gender does not impact or effect you. At. All.

Easy solution?  Just call everyone It ... no Mr, Mrs or Ms.  Much easier to type than LBGTXYZ.  As an It, you are just a meat-robot, and the Boss can do with you whatever he/she likes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

People's Republic is Alt-Right Public Relations.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers