Opposing the Transgender Movement

Started by pr126, June 30, 2018, 11:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Anyone not fatally brainwashed will agree to this article.

QuoteHow do those of us still grounded in reality fight this insanity?  Not with misguided "compassion" or compromise, but with straight talk and tough love.  Let's not waste our time analyzing or answering absurd gender theories with logical rebuttals.  Those ideas don't deserve that respect.  And the useful idiots who swallow the trans lies â€" whether as promoters, allies, or victims â€" will not listen to reason or science.

Baruch

Actually I have to disagree ... biology and psychology from 1900 or 1800 is obsolete.  Philosophy and theology are woo.  I accept people as individuals ... who share many common traits.  Pure empiricism.  There are as many genders/sexes/body types as there actually are, not as we simplify them, either out of stupidity or out of malice.

However, on the question of rights ... the idea that every individual can declare their own invented body, sex or gender ... in legal terms ... is a matter of politics, not of biology.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Transgender persons are collateral damage in this culture war. A one-sided culture war, if not stopped.

Ruined lives, suicides, induced mental disorders are the price these unfortunate people are paying for a political progressive ideology.

There are three genders. Males, females and the mentally disturbed.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 30, 2018, 01:33:13 PM
Transgender persons are collateral damage in this culture war. A one-sided culture war, if not stopped.

Ruined lives, suicides, induced mental disorders are the price these unfortunate people are paying for a political progressive ideology.

Can't agree.  Empirically there are no males or females, just individuals.  Every man is part woman, and vice versa.

Yes, gays and other sexual minorities have been recruited by the Left.  Just as ethnic minorities were.  Wedges to destroy the status quo.  They are being used by the Left and abused by the Right.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on June 30, 2018, 11:58:32 AM

Because I don't agree with you, I'm considered fatally brainwashed and therefore there is no reason for me to respond to any of your posts. You're not going to respect anything I have to say.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on June 30, 2018, 01:33:13 PM

If that's what you believe, great. But why do you even care? It doesn't affect you.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on June 30, 2018, 11:58:32 AM

It must be frustrating to be so much smarter and more woke than everyone else.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on June 30, 2018, 02:48:48 PM
It must be frustrating to be so much smarter and more woke than everyone else.

Prophets are like that;-(  Everyone is a genius in their own eyes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

I think the only person fatally brainwashed in this thread is the OP

PickelledEggs

Also. That website looks like it's from the dawn of the internet... Kind of like how it's non-factual views are from the dawn of humans

Gawdzilla Sama

For People's Republic it's still 1952.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

I was friends with someone who was transgender a while back, from girl to guy, and he told me his transition made him happy, and I could see it after spending a holiday with him.
I believe that anyone should do what they need to do to try and find some happiness and stability in their lives.

Now, forcing everyone to conform to a set of ideas like gender politics is something else entirely, there is a difference between people seeking a happy basis in life, and trying to force the world to be shaped around you. My friend never had any interest in that, he just wanted to be what made him happy. He didn't try to throw society out of whack, he just did what he wanted to for himself.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Great fodder here for some serious ranting as well as name calling.

Johan

I view the concept of transgender individuals almost exactly the same way I view gay marriage. It is an issue that effects only those who participate in it. It negatively impacts no one who isn't participating and to a very large degree only negatively impacts participants because of those who will never participate and are unwilling to accept it. Put another way, if you are an individual who is never going to participate in it and you have a problem with it, YOU are the problem.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful