United States Ranked 10th Worse Nation For Women

Started by Shiranu, June 29, 2018, 07:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 02, 2018, 02:44:21 AM
Opressors = White Male
Oppressed = Every one else.

No, idiot males white or not, abusing women.  And thinking they are right to do it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on July 02, 2018, 02:48:10 AM
No, idiot males white or not, abusing women.  And thinking they are right to do it.
But in the feminist world, only white males are doing it.
Ask any feminist if Muslim males are abusing their women.
All you hear is crickets. Or put on a hijab in solidarity.

Shiranu

QuoteBut in the feminist world, only white males are doing it.

Fuck on out of here with that bullshit.

QuoteAsk any feminist if Muslim males are abusing their women.

They can. Just like any other male in any other society.

QuoteAll you hear is crickets.

Might want to get the batteries on your hearing aids replaced then.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 02, 2018, 04:20:36 AM

Oh PR...  C'mon man.  You can't believe that.  Only lately did Saudi women get even the right to drive a CAR!  Or attend college.  What would you think about that for yourself?  Are you daft?  Structural and forcible denial of basic rights of movement and education IS abuse, plain and simple.

pr126

Somehow I don’t think that American feminist have influenced SA King to let their women drive.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 02, 2018, 06:15:27 AM
Somehow I don’t think that American feminist have influenced SA King to let their women drive.

You might be surprised.  The whole world started watching Saudi Arabia and the men said "OK Fine, let the women drive a car".  Its the least small step, but a first one.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 02, 2018, 02:05:48 AM
I suspect things are getting better for women in the US today.  There is discussion, there are women speaking up, there are women running for political office, etc. Women are speaking up against harassment and winning approval for doing so.  Harassing and more evil individual men are getting punished for their actions.  How is that worse?

Don't contradict a woman when she is speaking.  Better yet, don't speak at all.

Some men have, and many men yet should ... get what is coming to them.

But the evil women do is simply different than the usual male kind.  It isn't better evil.

Things have changed over 50 years ... some things better, some things worse.  Progress or regress is in the eyes of the beholder.  To some, all women in America are in Pink FEMA camps, getting groped by Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 02, 2018, 04:58:08 AM
Oh PR...  C'mon man.  You can't believe that.  Only lately did Saudi women get even the right to drive a CAR!  Or attend college.  What would you think about that for yourself?  Are you daft?  Structural and forcible denial of basic rights of movement and education IS abuse, plain and simple.

Saudi Arabia, the gift that keeps on giving ... oil and terrorists.  Therefore all Christian or Jewish men are evil ;-)

And yes, in our culture women abuse occurs every day.  But we are so much superior to the rag-heads, right?

How about more ad hominems from Shiranu, or bigotry from you?  Yes, every place on the planet should be like the gay district in San Francisco.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 30, 2018, 09:25:50 PM
oh dear, well I guess I'm a terrible person then.

Just for the record, I don't give a shit about anyones gender when they're talking to me, its only if they have something worth listening to.

that's real equality.

You just aren't Woke enough ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Cavebear on July 02, 2018, 02:05:48 AM
I suspect things are getting better for women in the US today.  There is discussion, there are women speaking up, there are women running for political office, etc. Women are speaking up against harassment and winning approval for doing so.  Harassing and more evil individual men are getting punished for their actions.  How is that worse?
It's a process for sure. Are things better for us than they were 40 years ago? I'd say so. But right now, at this time of upheaval, there are a lot of angry, marginalized, low-information men like PR (and, sadly, plenty of women) who are getting louder and louder. They vote. The American people have somehow managed to get that pig into the white house. And we have a senate who has stolen a SCOTUS appointee from the last administration and a president who is about to appoint another, and who is not shy about making sure we know he intends to choose one who wants to work to overturn RvW. And we have an fucking uber-Christian, moronic VP who has dedicated his life to subjugating women and taking away our rights to control our own lives and bodies among other putrid agendas.

Abortion and access to reproductive and women's healthcare are no small thing, but they are just one topic that's now up for yet more debate. Why are we even TALKING about this? It's 2018.

Oh do I sound angry? A little. I am fucking angry.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on July 02, 2018, 04:20:36 AM

I feel like you are making things up in your head and getting angry about it, and are impermeable to new information.

For the record, I am a feminist, do I count? This is bullshit. And I feel the exact same way about most other religions. Much of Christianity sucks, Orthodox Judaism sucks, Islam sucks, etc.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on July 02, 2018, 08:55:06 PM

For the record, I am a feminist,

I never would have guessed.

QuoteIt's a process for sure. Are things better for us than they were 40 years ago? I'd say so. But right now, at this time of upheaval, there are a lot of angry, marginalized, low-information men like PR (and, sadly, plenty of women) who are getting louder and louder. They vote. The American people have somehow managed to get that pig into the white house. And we have a senate who has stolen a SCOTUS appointee from the last administration and a president who is about to appoint another, and who is not shy about making sure we know he intends to choose one who wants to work to overturn RvW. And we have an fucking uber-Christian, moronic VP who has dedicated his life to subjugating women and taking away our rights to control our own lives and bodies among other putrid agendas.

Abortion and access to reproductive and women's healthcare are no small thing, but they are just one topic that's now up for yet more debate. Why are we even TALKING about this? It's 2018.

And, you honestly have no reason to be. I'm guessing you weren't even alive 40 years ago, but were you are in the world and in this time in history, your in a pretty decent part of it, you have so dam much to be thankful for, but instead you scrap the barrel to try and find anything to get angry at instead of thinking of the good shit you do have.

Fact you'd sooner look for things to get angry at instead of thinking how good you actually have it speaks more about yourself then the system around you.

Maybe I should be this angry, I'm a 37 year old gay man living in the uk currently unemployed lead by a conservative government. But I would sooner count all the good shit both in the land around me and what I have, and I'd way sooner be where I am right now then anywhere in the past and a lot of other countries that don't have it this relaxed.

My only concern day to day is finding a stable job. I don't have to fear about medication for my medical condition, I don't have to worry about having a roof over my head due to support, I don't have to worry about the power going out or being arrested for what I am, I don't have to worry about going hungry, I don't have to worry about catching a disease due to free health checkups, and I can sit here on my pc typing all this with a cup of tea and honey I brought at the local tescos. I can even get training and support to break into newer career paths which I've been doing, for free.

If you live in a country where you have so much shit supporting you and making life relaxed, to the point you need to find something to be aggravated over instead of being thankful for the stuff you do have, then your not seeing the wood for the trees.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on July 02, 2018, 08:49:33 PM
It's a process for sure. Are things better for us than they were 40 years ago? I'd say so. But right now, at this time of upheaval, there are a lot of angry, marginalized, low-information men like PR (and, sadly, plenty of women) who are getting louder and louder. They vote. The American people have somehow managed to get that pig into the white house. And we have a senate who has stolen a SCOTUS appointee from the last administration and a president who is about to appoint another, and who is not shy about making sure we know he intends to choose one who wants to work to overturn RvW. And we have an fucking uber-Christian, moronic VP who has dedicated his life to subjugating women and taking away our rights to control our own lives and bodies among other putrid agendas.

I hear you.  And I am very angry, as well.  I am not a woman, but my wife is and so is my daughter.  I live seeing my wife being treated differently when she steps out of her traditional bounds.  We live in a very good-old-boy area and one that is heavily christian.  Women are expected to keep to their place.  My daughter lives in the Bay Area, yet still is exposed to dual expectations in their social world and work place.  My niece is also a homosexual (and a woman), and so she has traditional and non-traditional stuff to deal with.  I am not female nor homosexual and therefore cannot experience first hand what they do.  But I can, and do, listen. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Utopians are idealists, but also revolutionaries who want 100% of what they want, right now.  Mental cases.  But then we all are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on July 02, 2018, 09:12:24 PM
I never would have guessed.
This is apparently some sort of insult. Good for you!

QuoteAnd, you honestly have no reason to be. I'm guessing you weren't even alive 40 years ago, but were you are in the world and in this time in history, your in a pretty decent part of it, you have so dam much to be thankful for, but instead you scrap the barrel to try and find anything to get angry at instead of thinking of the good shit you do have.
I am 55. Not sure why you are trying to verbally pat me on the head to tell me I am naive, but whatever.

QuoteFact you'd sooner look for things to get angry at instead of thinking how good you actually have it speaks more about yourself then the system around you.

Maybe I should be this angry, I'm a 37 year old gay man living in the uk currently unemployed lead by a conservative government. But I would sooner count all the good shit both in the land around me and what I have, and I'd way sooner be where I am right now then anywhere in the past and a lot of other countries that don't have it this relaxed.

My only concern day to day is finding a stable job. I don't have to fear about medication for my medical condition, I don't have to worry about having a roof over my head due to support, I don't have to worry about the power going out or being arrested for what I am, I don't have to worry about going hungry, I don't have to worry about catching a disease due to free health checkups, and I can sit here on my pc typing all this with a cup of tea and honey I brought at the local tescos. I can even get training and support to break into newer career paths which I've been doing, for free.

If you live in a country where you have so much shit supporting you and making life relaxed, to the point you need to find something to be aggravated over instead of being thankful for the stuff you do have, then your not seeing the wood for the trees.

First of all, you don't even live in my country.
I am angry that women's rights to our own bodily autonomy are constantly under fire because of the religious groups in this country. Why wouldn't this make me angry?
I don't fit whatever model of feminist you have in your head, I guess. Shrug.