Author Topic: United States Ranked 10th Worse Nation For Women  (Read 878 times)

Offline Mermaid

Re: United States Ranked 10th Worse Nation For Women
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 02:47:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't have much worry for women or Muslims being oppressed.

That's cause you're not either of those.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Baruch

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »
That's cause you're not either of those.

And I can whine about being Jewish (in part).  But really, since we are the Chosen People who control every nation on Earth, would you want to hear that?

Muslims are a minority in the US.  Women are not.  And I have a lot more direct experience with women.  I know Muslims mostly from study.
שלום

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 07:04:21 PM »
And I can whine about being Jewish (in part).  But really, since we are the Chosen People who control every nation on Earth, would you want to hear that?

Muslims are a minority in the US.  Women are not.  And I have a lot more direct experience with women.  I know Muslims mostly from study.
Experience WITH women is not experience AS a woman.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Munch

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2018, 07:21:37 PM »
Experience WITH women is not experience AS a woman.

its kinda hard to experience something as a woman when your not one, what do you suggest?

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2018, 07:35:35 PM »
its kinda hard to experience something as a woman when your not one, what do you suggest?
Listening to people who actually know firsthand.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Munch

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2018, 07:46:32 PM »
Listening to people who actually know firsthand.

so what your saying is they need to experience it with women.

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2018, 08:36:27 PM »
No. I am saying is that you need to LISTEN to women.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2018, 08:51:37 PM »

I cant even.

She literally a single post earlier just said that "experience with women is not the same as experience as a woman.".

You are literally quoting a post where she is saying that men need to listen to what women say rather than just assume that they know everything there is to know about a woman's experience because "they know a woman, so clearly I am the expert!".

In a quote where she is asking for you to listen to her, you are literally doing the exact opposite and telling her what she is "really" saying, which is to do the exact thing she said not to do only one post earlier.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:54:13 PM by Shiranu »
I've Got Love, Fuck Your Money.

"Intellectualization creates a gap or lack of rapport between you and your life. You may think about things so much that you get into the state where you are eating the menu instead of the dinner." -Alan Watts

Offline Munch

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2018, 09:25:50 PM »
oh dear, well I guess I'm a terrible person then.

Just for the record, I don't give a shit about anyones gender when they're talking to me, its only if they have something worth listening to.

that's real equality.

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2018, 09:46:45 PM »

No one is calling you terrible, stop being so melodramatic.

that's real equality.

Wow, someone deserves a pat on the back.

"I am willing to treat women equally... I will dismiss and talk over them asking for equal treatment just as much as I would a man! See, I am all about that pro-equality!"

Of the same cloth of, "I treat women equally... I would punch a woman in the face just as soon as a man! That's real equality!"

"Intellectualization creates a gap or lack of rapport between you and your life. You may think about things so much that you get into the state where you are eating the menu instead of the dinner." -Alan Watts

Offline Munch

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2018, 09:53:15 PM »

No one is calling you terrible, stop being so melodramatic.

Apathy is a hard one to get across in text.

Wow, someone deserves a pat on the back.

"I am willing to treat women equally... I will dismiss and talk over them asking for equal treatment just as much as I would a man! See, I am all about that pro-equality!"

Of the same cloth of, "I treat women equally... I would punch a woman in the face just as soon as a man! That's real equality!"

I never said I talk over them, I just zone out if their boring. Surprisingly learned that from watching sex in the city.

And if the woman was deserving of a punch she should get one, or do you want chivalry brought back where women are made to wait at home while the man does all the hard work?

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2018, 10:13:18 PM »
Apathy is a hard one to get across in text.

Mhmm. Nothing screams apathy like arguing from thread after thread after thread.

I never said I talk over them...

Oh don't worry, you never had to say it. It was loud and clear as it was.

And if the woman was deserving of a punch she should get one, or do you want chivalry brought back where women are made to wait at home while the man does all the hard work?

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:25:38 PM by Shiranu »

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »

Just for the record, I don't give a shit about anyones gender when they're talking to me, its only if they have something worth listening to.

that's real equality.

Thank you for demonstrating with clarity what much of the issue is.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2018, 02:05:48 AM »
I suspect things are getting better for women in the US today.  There is discussion, there are women speaking up, there are women running for political office, etc. Women are speaking up against harassment and winning approval for doing so.  Harassing and more evil individual men are getting punished for their actions.  How is that worse?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline pr126

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 02:44:21 AM »
Opressors = White Male
Oppressed = Every one else.
"It doesn't matter what is true. It only matters what people believe is true."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk