Maryland Newspaper Shooting Leaves at Least 5 Dead

Started by Shiranu, June 28, 2018, 06:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/annapolis-shooting-latest-capital-gazette-maryland-building-newspaper-dead-shot-today-a8422086.html

QuoteAt least five people have been killed after a gunman opened fire in a newsroom in Annapolis, Maryland.

“There are five fatalities and several others gravely injured,” said Anne Arundel police department Acting Chief William Frank, some of those injured were believed to be in critical condition.

Four of the victims dies at the scene in the office, with one dying later in hospital, Anne Arundel County Executive Steve Schuh said.

Police rushed to the scene at the offices of local newspaper within a minute of being called and engaged with the suspect. The alleged shooter, identified as a white adult male, was found under a desk with a weapon nearby and taken into custody for questioning.

When the wannabe dictator repeats, and repeats, and repeats that the media is "the enemy", that they are "destroying America", what do you really expect?

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Yes, violence agains the Press has increased.

https://cpj.org/data/killed/2012/?status=Killed&motiveConfirmed%5B%5D=Confirmed&type%5B%5D=Journalist&start_year=2008&end_year=2018&group_by=location

I searched by the 2008-2018 time frame, limited to journalists killed with confirmed motive.

615 total over 10 years.  Mexico is the leading killer in this hemisphere.

Don't blame Trump or anyone else, unless they pulled the trigger.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 28, 2018, 06:32:28 PM
So, when will the true enemy b atheists?

Then people realize that most Jews are atheists ... they will blame the Jews.

So when people go postal ... it is always politics?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2018, 06:33:38 PM
Then people realize that most Jews are atheists ... they will blame the Jews.

So when people go postal ... it is always politics?

Unfortunately.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 28, 2018, 06:35:04 PM
Unfortunately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal

I count also the Army psychologist who went postal (as a jihadi) ... since he did it at his workplace.  Terrorists usually don't kill at their workplaces.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 28, 2018, 06:35:04 PM
Unfortunately.

Well, most people are atheists.  They just don't realize or admit it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2018, 06:42:24 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal

I count also the Army psychologist who went postal (as a jihadi) ... since he did it at his workplace.  Terrorists usually don't kill at their workplaces.

PS ... this particular case, wasn't a co-worker, just a disgruntled known felon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 29, 2018, 12:09:23 PM
Killing the messengers, I suppose.

Again, someone well known to police, with a restraining order on him.  Cops don't stop any crimes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on June 29, 2018, 12:41:06 PM
Again, someone well known to police, with a restraining order on him.  Cops don't stop any crimes.
Law enforcement is not proactive.  By nature it can't be in our system.  Oh, they do a little educating, as in, "The public needs to be educated not to kill other citizens.  There!  We are done here.  Let's get some donuts." 

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 29, 2018, 01:22:59 PM
Law enforcement is not proactive.  By nature it can't be in our system.  Oh, they do a little educating, as in, "The public needs to be educated not to kill other citizens.  There!  We are done here.  Let's get some donuts."

Thus the notion that the solution to our problems are more laws ... strains credulity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Milo Yiannopoulos insists he was just "trolling" when he said he cant wait for people to start murdering journalists.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-journalists-was-just-a-troll

Seriously, how even people here defend this pedophile and his far-right, hateful rhetoric is beyond me.

Imagine someone on the left saying that right-wing people need to be publicly executed, and then just said, "lol jk, just trollin!".

How far do you think that shit would fly?

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Shiranu on June 29, 2018, 08:59:53 PM
Milo Yiannopoulos insists he was just "trolling" when he said he cant wait for people to start murdering journalists.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-journalists-was-just-a-troll

Seriously, how even people here defend this pedophile and his far-right, hateful rhetoric is beyond me.

Imagine someone on the left saying that right-wing people need to be publicly executed, and then just said, "lol jk, just trollin!".

From what I have read, many far-Right activists have been distancing themselves from Milo Yiannopoulos. Being shocking and offensive is Yiannolpoulos' shtick and it's the only thing he was good at, but the joke got stale. Nothing he says bothers me because nothing says is sincere or thoughtful, it's all an act.

Milo says he hopes the shooter is transgender...

Yes, that's the best he can come up with. It's not shocking, it's not witty, it's just tired.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 29, 2018, 08:59:53 PM

I am sure you support Newspeak.  Who is your Big Brother?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.