The Origins of Political Correctness

Started by pr126, June 28, 2018, 01:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

The Origins of Political Correctness
QuoteIf we look at it analytically, if we look at it historically, we quickly find out exactly what it is. Political Correctness is cultural Marxism. It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. It is an effort that goes back not to the 1960s and the hippies and the peace movement, but back to World War I. If we compare the basic tenets of Political Correctness with classical Marxism the parallels are very obvious.

First of all, both are totalitarian ideologies. The totalitarian nature of Political Correctness is revealed nowhere more clearly than on college campuses, many of which at this point are small ivy covered North Koreas, where the student or faculty member who dares to cross any of the lines set up by the gender feminist or the homosexual-rights activists, or the local black or Hispanic group, or any of the other sainted “victims” groups that PC revolves around, quickly find themselves in judicial trouble. Within the small legal system of the college, they face formal charges â€" some star-chamber proceeding â€" and punishment. That is a little look into the future that Political Correctness intends for the nation as a whole.

Gawdzilla Sama

"Political correctness" means "I can't insult people like I used to."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 28, 2018, 03:05:25 PM

Old women clutching pearls, say that.  Not that I would insult my own mother.

We don't need to insult people, we need to kill them ;-)  The dead file no complaints.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 28, 2018, 03:05:25 PM

Rational thought might suggest "I shouldn't have insulted them like I used to".   If it is wrong now, it was wrong then.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 28, 2018, 08:41:23 PM
Rational thought might suggest "I shouldn't have insulted them like I used to".   If it is wrong now, it was wrong then.

True.  We could all be nice.  But then there would be no political-economy.  Life would be fair, and unicorns would shoot skittles from their asses.

This is why it is specifically impossible to sue a politician for defamation of another politician.  Instead, you Sumner them on the floor of the Senate.

Of course totalitarians of both parties are fine with ending free speech, in favor of Soviet style life.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.