Not Great Logic, But Something to Consider

Started by SGOS, June 26, 2018, 08:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Yes, and parents don't spank their children, the children spank themselves.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on August 24, 2018, 07:59:50 PM
WOW what a life changing revelation...so you mean hell does not really exist? Because that is what this suggests..that god never really made a hell,,,people just decided to be fuck ups and VOILA! Hell magically appeared.

Yep....you have reached into the puddle of complete stupidity to pull off and present the "quote of complete ignorance of the year" !!!! Here is your Kooopon. ....

LOL..and you wonder why we find your babble such stupid shit and those who brag about it ...well.....less that 5th graders.

Yes, humans make everything, including a Hell like Katyn Forest or Auschwitz.  Christians and Atheists did agree on two things ... kill Poles and kill Jews.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2018, 11:00:04 PM
Yes, humans make everything, including a Hell like Katyn Forest or Auschwitz.  Christians and Atheists did agree on two things ... kill Poles and kill Jews.

Stalin is a shitty example

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 25, 2018, 05:31:52 AM
Stalin is a shitty example

No true Scotsman.  For people here though, if one priest is a pedophile, then all Christians are pedophiles, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

WOW what a life changing revelation...so you mean hell does not really exist? Because that is what this suggests..that god never really made a hell,,,people just decided to be fuck ups and VOILA! Hell magically appeared.

Yep....you have reached into the puddle of complete stupidity to pull off and present the "quote of complete ignorance of the year" !!!! Here is your Kooopon. ....

LOL..and you wonder why we find your babble such stupid shit and those who brag about it ...well.....less that 5th graders.

Yeah, no hell, no heaven, not even a purgatory.  Dead is dead. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:18:49 AM
Yeah, no hell, no heaven, not even a purgatory.  Dead is dead.

That is what atheists hope for.  I find G-d to be both real and cruel.  I see no reason for G-d to let anyone off the literal hook.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

If you would spent some time in reading what the Bible says, you would understand that Hell was not created for the human spirit, but for Satan and the rebellious angels who followed him.

Shall I tell you why I believe this is the truth?
When I started to read what the Bible says about so many other facts, except about the immortal human spirit and what comes after this life, I learned things about science, history, philosophy etc, that was so incredible, it took persons such as Newton and Kant and more, to incredible highs on their scientific knowledge. It took men such as Nietzsche and Russel, and more, their whole lifetimes in an attempt to discredit the Bible without realising, that when they attacked Christianity, they never touched the Bible.

This is the difference.
Atheists think they destroy the Bible by looking at what Christians do. They will take one apple with a worm, and blame the tree!

However, looking at Atheism, we have a poisonous tree, with fruit of vulgarity and 20th century massacres, yet they think they are building on snow white innocence.
Wake up man.
Atheism is a poison of hatred to anything that represents a creation of God.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on September 03, 2018, 10:29:25 AMAtheists think they destroy the Bible by looking at what Christians do. They will take one apple with a worm, and blame the tree!
If only there was some sort of bible verse that touched on that.  Something like, I dunno, by their fruit ye shall know them or something like that.  There's probably nothing in the bible like that, though.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 05, 2018, 12:34:43 AM
If only there was some some bible verse that touched on that.  Something like, I dunno, by their fruit ye shall know them or something like that.  There's probably nothing in the bible like that, though.

If only the Bible even stood by its own merits. But from it's numerous inconsistencies, falsehoods, and vile teachings, the Bible can be easily dismissed as a product of barbaric, ignorant people rather than of a wise, benevolent diety. And judging by how seldom Christians even read it, they know this is true. If people truly believed an omniscient god wrote a book to share his knowledge and wisdom, they'd study the fuck out of that thing. Instead, they just go to church to listen to someone else's interpretation of what the Bible says.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Mousetrap on September 03, 2018, 10:29:25 AM

However, looking at Atheism, we have a poisonous tree, with fruit of vulgarity and 20th century massacres, yet they think they are building on snow white innocence.
Wake up man.

Matthew 7:3 - "And why behold you the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?"
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Atheists think they destroy the Bible by looking at what Christians do. They will take one apple with a worm, and blame the tree!
Notice how this idiot likes to spout Biblical sounding word salad even after he has lost his power to back it up.  But he does represent gods that actually exist.  Try and beat that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54XGQ6ZXxf8

Baruch

Yes ... some prefer fiction about the future (I enjoyed many episodes too) and some prefer fiction about the past.  But either way, it is monkey see monkey do.

This book/drama has wisdom.  This other book/drama does not.  Partisanship, same as political ideology.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

The Stargate series avoids talking about Christianity and even the other major religions in their plot line, probably not to offend viewership.  I find it odd that a show whose main theme is the folly of worshipping false gods, would never include one line during it's 10 year run that includes the word "Christian", let alone identifies Christianity as the true religion, or even something else as the true religion, or even shows Earth people worshiping.  Not once in 10 years!  The closest it comes is somewhere toward the end of the series when some off-worlder asks General Landry, "Well what god do you believe in then?"  Landry says, "On Earth, people believe in many different things," and that is a far as the series treads onto the topic.

This is especially curious, when so many of the alien religions mimic Christianity almost perfectly as it reflected itself down through the ages, from burning witches to power grabs by humans in authority, forced worship supported by peers, and all the while spouting poetic sounding memes from some holy book that sounds like it might have been commissioned by King James.

I don't know if the series was followed weekly by much of a Christian audience.  It had to have some support to survive that long in North America, but I have this picture in my head of the Christian viewership in a big crowd watching the show together, and nodding in agreement when SG1 tells aliens they are worshiping a false God, while completely missing the satirical metaphor.

Mike Cl

That is your perception.  Why?  Because you are a little man who has only his 'belief' that what he believes is real.  It is not, and you know this, which is why you are so very defensive.  Yours is a fear based belief.  But you still need to build a bigger and stronger boggy man to scare your fellow believers with.  You have settled on Atheism, as you call it.  You have created out of whole cloth what 'Atheism' believes in (for you desperately need to stay away from rational thought or empirical data in any honest way) so that you can make it a bigger and bigger and badder threat to your beliefs.   You fully understand that atheism is not a religion nor a belief; yet you are so fundamentally disingenuous that you simply cannot help but lie about it.  You are simply a chronic liar who cannot help himself.  I pity you and your family that has to put up with your sad, sad (and destructive) beliefs.  You and Pat Robertson are truly equal. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 05, 2018, 09:20:38 AM
You and Pat Robertson are truly equal.
No, Pat Robertson accepts enough science to admit that climate change is real.  Our little church mouse has demonstrated no acceptance or understanding of science at all, just word salad bingo.

It's not often you'll see me come to Pat Robertson's defense, but facts are facts are facts... except, of course, in Mouseworld.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan