If Islam Was A White Religion

Started by pr126, June 25, 2018, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Baruch

It is always an interesting exercise to change things around and see if you still think the same way as before.  If you woke up tomorrow, and was Black ... what would YOU think of White folk.  Would you play the victim card?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

I mean Arabs and north North Africans do fall under "white" by law until at least the 2020 census, so it technically is a white religion right now...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

The Middle Ages sound like such fun ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

when religions say you have to "act" a certain way...I am somewhat concerned.....when they tell you that you have to have a crappy beard, wear a stupid looking hat, have part of your dick cut off, slice parts of your daughter off...or in general suggest that "Gods" natural things can be improved by such and such....I pretty much back out of the room very quietly.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

pr126

Especially when said deity commands what you wanted to do in the first place, such as loot, rape, murder and take slaves.

Yes, oddly enough the Quran instructs believers to do just that.

Quran 8:41, 4:24, 2:192, 33:50

Muhammad did it, put it into the Quran as Allah's commands for all Muslims to follow (Q. 33:21)

Those Muslims who do not, are hypocrites and can be killed (Quran 4:89)

(when Muslims killing Muslims they are following the Quran)

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 25, 2018, 01:30:08 PM
I mean Arabs and north North Africans do fall under "white" by law until at least the 2020 census, so it technically is a white religion right now...

Actually ... all humans are African in origin (we only vary on when ancestors left Africa).  And the Neanderthal + Modern Human hybridizing probably wasn't the only time that happened, over 500,000 years.  So we are all victims ... please send me a guaranteed minimum income of say $100K now, or you are a cruel meanie!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

In origin, and by law,  culture and practice are two extremely different concepts.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 26, 2018, 08:43:12 AM
In origin, and by law,  culture and practice are two extremely different concepts.

If you don't call your practice your culture, then you are a hypocrite.  If you don't call your culture your practice, then you are a traitor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

All religions are insane, protective, demanding of utter loyalty, have and will engage in violence, and diminish humans in favor of their deities at any opportunity.  I have no respect for any of them.  They are anti-human, anti-life, and anti-thought.

They are anti-human because they consider humans just some weird time between birth and afterlife.

They are anti-life because they consider all resources on Earth just fruit to be plucked and screw whoever comes after.

They are anti-thought because they are opposed to actual thinking.  Every factual discovery has been opposed by most religions because they are based in faith, not information.  Information challenges them.  Information threatens them.  Information is the opposite of faith. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!