Maryland Newspaper Shooting Leaves at Least 5 Dead

Started by Shiranu, June 28, 2018, 06:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.inverse.com/article/46552-jarrod-ramos-the-capital-gazette-shooter-was-an-online-troll

Apparently he had a history of being an "alt-right" troll, and had beef with the Gazette for running an article on his harassment of a former classmate.

I know it must happen because of sheer statistics, but why do these acts of violence always occur from the "alt-right", the "anti-PC", "anti-SJW" crowds? Like... there are incel attacks, there are right-wing terrorists, there are Nazis marching in streets and running over people, the incel attacking women with vans or acid... but you almost never hear of the far left doing the same. Who was the last president we had that went out and publicly defended Nazis, or called on his supporters to beat up protesters and he would cover the legal fees, or call on his supporters to harass his opponents social media?

Yet if you listened to people here and the rest of the internet you would think the far left, the SJW were literally seconds away from killing their mothers, and that the far-left and far-right are "pretty much the same and equal". I'm sorry, but that is absolute bullshit.

And just because writing that made me curious, here is the number of people killed by terrorist attacks in the U.S. since 2008...

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

-372 Americans killed.
-74% of those killings were committed by far-right terrorists.
-2% were committed by left-wing terrorists.

Obviously, even 2% is too fucking many and they need to be condemned for it in the strongest way possible, but how the fuck can people continue this narrative that the far-left and the far-right are remotely comparable? I just don't fucking get it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Lots of people on the Internet single-source their news. Magnifies the already distorted situation.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on June 30, 2018, 04:16:57 AM
how the fuck can people continue this narrative that the far-left and the far-right are remotely comparable? I just don't fucking get it.
The right has done this for as long as I can remember.  They accuse the left of the right's sins in an attempt to pass the blame.  The death panels of universal health care were an attempt at transferring blame from beloved insurance companies for poor coverage.  And done when no healthcare proposal actually included death panels.  "Yeah, but Hillary," is attempt to deflect the blame away from any criminal behavior of Republican leaders.  This is done by creating false accusations that Hillary had been found guilty of crimes.  Or in the case of SJW violence, it is done by stereotyping the whole through the use of rare and isolated incidents.  It's an intellectually dishonest projection of the right's own disreputable behavior.

The right knows deep down that its behavior is reprehensible, and creating the perception that the left is equally so is an attempt to deflect.  Ideally, the most gullible will believe that the left is even worse and eventually the wackos will believe the left is totally to blame, while the right is as pure as the driven snow, God's chosen people in the fight against evil.  And can you blame anyone for not wanting to be the stand alone assholes?  Well, you don't need to blame, but this should help you understand why, and now you should "get it."

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 30, 2018, 06:50:36 AM
Lots of people on the Internet single-source their news. Magnifies the already distorted situation.

I always to at least 2 ... a BernieBros source (supporting that recent D primary winner) and a lumpen-Nazi source.  Both are business channels!  Really most of my news comes from studying history.  You can't get perspective on the news, unless it is at least 100 years old.

Why is the R violent and the L is not?  Calling Dr Zivago.  On what pacifist planet do you soy eaters live?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 30, 2018, 07:01:18 AM
The right knows deep down that its behavior is reprehensible, and creating the perception that the left is equally so is an attempt to deflect.  Ideally, the most gullible will believe that the left is even worse and eventually the wackos will believe the left is totally to blame, while the right is as pure as the driven snow, God's chosen people in the fight against evil.  And can you blame anyone for not wanting to be the stand alone assholes?  Well, you don't need to blame, but this should help you understand why, and now you should "get it."

You assume in error that the Right "knows deep down that its behavior is reprehensible".  I say they don't.  They really believe what they say, horrible as it sounds to us.  They believe women are property to be GUIDED and CONTROLLED by MEN for the good of society.

Sure they're crazy, but they believe it, and you better start to understand it.  Because we aren't going to stop them by trying to "meet them halfway"  thinking there is some compromise or rational argument that will change their minds. 

I've know too many who think women are just "convenient for sex".  I traveled on business once (single) for 6 weeks on contract negotiations and THE 2 MARRIED GUYS had "temporary wives" within a day.  They lied, cheated, and enjoyed,

And I'll bet some of the guys and gals reading this think "what was wrong with me"?  Think about that...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Both Left and Right virtue signal, and while the Proletariat is confused ... the DNC and RNC know exactly what they are doing.  And so does the NSA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.