The so called conscience of the Left ... for the children

Started by Baruch, June 22, 2018, 12:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/27/immigrant-toddlers-ordered-appear-court-alone/

QuoteAs the White House faces court orders to reunite families separated at the border, immigrant children as young as 3 are being ordered into court for their own deportation proceedings, according to attorneys in Texas, California and Washington, D.C.

Requiring unaccompanied minors to go through deportation alone is not a new practice. But in the wake of the Trump administration’s controversial family separation policy, more young children â€" including toddlers â€" are being affected than in the past.

The 2,000-plus separated children will likely need to deal with court proceedings even as they grapple with the ongoing trauma of being taken from their parents.

That's right; children as young as 3 are being told they have to go to court to argue their case before a judge without adult supervision.

Jesus fucking christ.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

I am sure the ambulance chasers will be happy ;-(

Yes, even children are subject to the courts.  And ... you might get a "public defender" if you are lucky.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 22, 2018, 07:50:02 PM
Name one.

didn't you make a post recently making that exact claim.

Infact you've not really given much evidence to the contrary, even now your looking for anything to hate on your country for.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quotedidn't you make a post recently making that exact claim.

You mean the thread where I said we are one of the richest, most advance nations in the world?

Yeah, no, I didn't make that exact claim.

QuoteInfact you've not really given much evidence to the contrary, even now your looking for anything to hate on your country for.

Says the guy who looks for any reason to hate on movies and comic books, because god forbid a character be black or a woman.

Fuck fam, you got me good there. That one cut deep.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Must be an easy existence, strawmaning those who disagree with you, gives you some piece of mind and makes it easier to process.

But then maybe that's why you need it to be easy. Kinda like how a christian doesn't want their bubble popped, so make anyone who doesn't follow their beliefs into sinners.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

pr126

Exodus 20:7

“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain."

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 01, 2018, 09:40:37 AM

“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain."

But what does that mean?  It means saying that G-d does bad things (G-d's name=character, Vain=frivolously).  And G-d does, a blasphemer is simply being honest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 01, 2018, 04:34:24 AM
Must be an easy existence, strawmaning those who disagree with you, gives you some piece of mind and makes it easier to process.

But then maybe that's why you need it to be easy. Kinda like how a christian doesn't want their bubble popped, so make anyone who doesn't follow their beliefs into sinners.

It's all that the Democrats and Labor have to live on.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 01, 2018, 09:40:37 AM

I'll take YOUR deity in vain at any time.  God-fuckiest stupid lunatic vengeful idiot, only worth spending time in its own underworld and that applies to all deities from the start of moronic superstitional beliefs to the most immediate present ones.  All deistic beliefs are nonsensical. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on July 02, 2018, 01:31:04 AM
I'll take YOUR deity in vain at any time.  God-fuckiest stupid lunatic vengeful idiot, only worth spending time in its own underworld and that applies to all deities from the start of moronic superstitional beliefs to the most immediate present ones.  All deistic beliefs are nonsensical. 
My post was a joke.
Let me explain.

Shiranu replied to Munch with 2 words: "OK, Pr".
He meant that Munch is as bad as I am.

So I replied with Exodus 20:7 as a joke.
You should know by now that I am an atheist.
Don't take things literally.

Blaspheme away to your heart's content.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 02, 2018, 01:42:59 AM
My post was a joke.
Let me explain.

Well, you DO make us uncertain sometimes...  LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 02, 2018, 01:56:52 AM
Well, you DO make us uncertain sometimes...  LOL!

You don't read carefully or sequentially ... eye glass problems?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 02, 2018, 01:42:59 AM
My post was a joke.
Let me explain.

Looking at this further, I have to reply in greater detail. 

First, it is hard to see that "OK Pr" has a whole lot of meaning to it.  And I'm not sure I would make ANY equivalence between you and Munch.  Unless you have something you want to share and that would be fine.

Second, I don't know about you, but I don't spend a lot of braintime remembering who thinks what here.  I respond to the newest posts.

Third,  I give a WHOLE lot more respect to posters who are definitely and obviously atheists.   The ones who aren't get some ocassional derision, the ones who seem to be uncertain get respect based on the recent posts.