Romans 13 and Christian ("White") Supremacy

Started by Shiranu, June 16, 2018, 09:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on June 18, 2018, 04:26:24 AM
I do enjoy a decent conversation. But when certain posters start throwing around half baked political rhetoric with a hypocritical tang to it, sometimes the only way you can ground them is to call them out on it.
And if that involves opening a broader perspective based on examples and comparisons, so be it.

As for the article itself, why keep saying this has nothing to do with white people.. When the article is making it very clear its about white supremacy? Seems a tad disingenuous

I just don't think adding more half baked rhetoric is the solution to the original half baked rhetoric. If it is half baked rhetoric, like you are proposing, why not correct it or just make your argument as sound as possible. Whether your position is flawed or not, when you make fallacious statements and questions like that, it becomes flawed, no matter what...

I'm not even agreeing or disagreeing with either side with these last two comments, munch, btw... I'm just telling you that I know you have better tools at your disposal, no matter what your position is.

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 18, 2018, 03:33:29 PM
Actually after reading said article it isn't about white supremacy at all, it is about Romans 13 and how people us it to justify anything evil like slavery or shit like that center in Brownsville Texas. You don't have to be white to use Roman 13, but whit assholes often us it because it way created to defend such BS. I bet Roman 13 could be used for anything an asshat would try to defend.

Yes the author used "white supremacy", but it wasn't like he was shaking it all white pop no only the assholes. Which is totally different from many articles that so full of racial bias like Shiranu's bias for example that makes it seem more about white people in general.

... I literally started with a disclaimer saying I wish he hadn't focused on whiteness as much because it distracted from the real issue...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

What does Romans 13 say vs what modern people use it for?  Perhaps only what modern people read-into things matters.  Yes, you should submit to authority ... say the authorities.  Is it any surprise that authorities use ... authority statements ... to justify their authority?  Is this a shock to anyone?

I happen to diss authority in general.  If not, I would be an orthodox/orthopraxis Jewish person, not a heretic.  Hasidic though, not Mitnagdim.

So if the war in Vietnam was the wrong war, then it is OK to protest every war? ... or every government authority?  One can generalize it that way if one wants to.  I never have, I can separate "wrong judgement" by authority from "judgement" by authority in general.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on June 18, 2018, 05:06:47 PM
... I literally started with a disclaimer saying I wish he hadn't focused on whiteness as much because it distracted from the real issue...

but you did so....

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on June 17, 2018, 01:05:50 AM
Please daddy big dick, stop derailing my thread or I might just have to daintly slap you across your massive man bulges that make me pee myself.

Real talk though; you are kind of both a complete moron and a lunatic, should I be concerned about how quickly you found a picture of me from like... a year and half or more ago after making racist remarks about me? At the moment I am taking it as a complement, but just hmu if that is not how you mean it.

Wow, that actually sounds like a come-on...  And I will guess you didn't mean it that way.  Or?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!