Romans 13 and Christian ("White") Supremacy

Started by Shiranu, June 16, 2018, 09:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 17, 2018, 07:09:53 AM
I call bullshit, when you open a topic doing just that, against white people.
And since you are mixed race, this isn't one of those 'i can because I am' things, no, your just as bigoted as those you accuse

Edit - And first off, wow... this thread is not even about white people, I even went out of my way to say I wish the link has focused less on the fact white people are the ones who benefit from it and rather had focused on that it was whatever group is in power that benefits from it. That seems pretty expressly not anti-white when I am defending them...

Again, I'm extremely proud of my white heritage, so I'm not exactly sure how I am bigoted towards white people.

Pointing out flaws in a community =/= bigotry. Using racial slurs, proposing that an entire race or philosophy is "the bad guy" and inherently evil so we must fear them and do what we can lest they overwhelm our society = bigotry.

It's a subtle difference, but it's there.

And I never pretended to be at the centre, I was just stating a fact. Centralists would find me to be to the left of them, and that's okay. I just don't pretend to be representing the central ideology, though I would argue my social views do coincide more with theirs than the right; after all the things I support are generally supported by a majority of the population making them not particularly extreme.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Not trying to be a dick - and usually I am - but it's centrists; not centralists.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 17, 2018, 11:34:27 AM
Not trying to be a dick - and usually I am - but it's centrists; not centralists.

Extremists say ... "fence sitters".  Hated by both sides.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 17, 2018, 08:40:54 AM
-snip-

So what your more or less saying is, there needs to be a balance of right and left to cancel each other out?
I agree if that's the case, and honestly we can see it happening even today
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 17, 2018, 12:03:30 PM
So what your more or less saying is, there needs to be a balance of right and left to cancel each other out?
I agree if that's the case, and honestly we can see it happening even today

Lack of balance makes one a Fiddler Crab.  But you can find employment in Gypsy restaurants ;-)

The question is, can we re-balance time and again, without violence.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 17, 2018, 12:24:43 AM
God I love being the product of clean, pure, gaelic stock. Whites rule. I'm sorry that you're a dirty, mixed bug-man.
Get it right!  Mud People--not bug-man!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 17, 2018, 02:17:33 AM
I have to wonder about the authenticity of that verse. It seems exactly like the sort of thing that would be added after the Roman government became Christian. Very convenient for those in power to be immune from criticism because God supposedly ordained them. Also kinda funny that Conservative Christians would embrace that theology, considering it was rebellion that created this country in the first place.
I think I know where you are coming from, Blackleaf, but what part of the bible is authentic--and authentic to who or what?

As I have learned, the entire bible is simply a conglomeration of what various people thought and it was stitched together from a huge amount of previous written work with most of the unused portions destroyed.  It seems to me that all of the bible (new and old) was created to control the general population.  In that respect, it has been wildly successful!

Leaders were always trying to find ways to cement their power; the term 'christ' is an example.  When one was anointed with oil and deemed a Christ, one was then under the control of god and what one said and did was from god.  Romans 13 very early did the same for Christians.  The Divine Right of Kings has long haunted and controlled history and kept those in power in power.  The French Revolution tried to change that--liberals come from the word 'liberty' and they wanted to liberate society from the clutches of Rom. 13 (Divine Right of Kings) while the conservatives wanted to conserve the old ways and keep Rom. 13 fully operational.

In this country today, Trump is seen as falling under the purview of Rom. 13--so all that he says and does is from and for god.  This is one of the reasons he actually could go into Times Square and shoot somebody in the head for all to see and get away with it.  Trump can do what he wants and his faithful will craft the reasons to support it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 17, 2018, 12:45:52 PM
I think I know where you are coming from, Blackleaf, but what part of the bible is authentic--and authentic to who or what?

As I have learned, the entire bible is simply a conglomeration of what various people thought and it was stitched together from a huge amount of previous written work with most of the unused portions destroyed.  It seems to me that all of the bible (new and old) was created to control the general population.  In that respect, it has been wildly successful!

Leaders were always trying to find ways to cement their power; the term 'christ' is an example.  When one was anointed with oil and deemed a Christ, one was then under the control of god and what one said and did was from god.  Romans 13 very early did the same for Christians.  The Divine Right of Kings has long haunted and controlled history and kept those in power in power.  The French Revolution tried to change that--liberals come from the word 'liberty' and they wanted to liberate society from the clutches of Rom. 13 (Divine Right of Kings) while the conservatives wanted to conserve the old ways and keep Rom. 13 fully operational.

In this country today, Trump is seen as falling under the purview of Rom. 13--so all that he says and does is from and for god.  This is one of the reasons he actually could go into Times Square and shoot somebody in the head for all to see and get away with it.  Trump can do what he wants and his faithful will craft the reasons to support it.

See my new post under History ... under How Did Islam Destroy The Classical World string ... regarding the purpose of fiction in human culture.

You can't escape fictive pseudo-reality without being a nihilist.  So most people simple are narrow minded, and ignore the fact that they are narrow minded.  There is really nothing wrong with the belief system of the Mongol Horde ... unless you are its victim.  People who are overly individual rightfully feel threatened by whatever majority surrounds them.  They have nothing in common with their neighbors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on June 17, 2018, 07:13:40 AM
Also your very clearly not a centrist, so stop pretending you are.

Yeah, @Shiranu... you're not centrist in the slightest, buddy.... lol You are very, very left.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 17, 2018, 02:00:59 PM
Yeah, @Shiranu... you're not centrist in the slightest, buddy.... lol You are very, very left.

I never claimed I was. I'm not sure why I'm being attacked for something I never even implied...

But I will argue that my ideology is, on most issues, in line with the majority opinion on the topics, so I find it weird to be accused of being far left.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on June 17, 2018, 02:21:24 PM
I never claimed I was. I'm not sure why I'm being attacked for something I never even implied...

But I will argue that my ideology is, on most issues, in line with the majority opinion on the topics, so I find it weird to be accused of being far left.

Oh right, sorry I misread that.

I wouldn't say you're extremist either (i backtracked the conversation), but I would say you are very very far left.

It's tough to see the forest through the trees... oddly enough, I get more flack from people on both sides than I care to deal with. It's exhausting and tbh, I stopped caring. The fact that I constantly get accused of both being right winged and left winged at the same time, for the same exact comments I make, gives me a frame of reference that I am more in a centrist mindset.

If you think you are not far left because you are in agreement with most people... I would try to re-think that....

The US has a very, VERY strong left and right. People say it's more right winged than most countries, but those people don't understand that it's also more left winged than most countries at the same time. It's very divided. So when you take a stance that is in agreement with "most people" it's likely it's about half the people, and the other half is the opposition, obviously... but since your social group isnt in the opposition, you don't see them as the majority, you see yourself as the majority... and possibly as the center of it....

Now, for someone that thinks he's centrist, like myself (I would say I'm a left leaning centrist), the only reason I say that, is when I state one of my views, I get shit from both sides, but usually a little bit less from the left. It's more disagreeing with me, than agreeing. Kind of exhausting... 

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 17, 2018, 07:09:53 AM
I call bullshit, when you open a topic doing just that, against white people.
And since you are mixed race, this isn't one of those 'i can because I am' things, no, your just as bigoted as those you accuse

This thread isn't anti-white. Seriously, are you that insecure?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 17, 2018, 04:19:09 PM
This thread isn't anti-white. Seriously, are you that insecure?

Quotebut I certainly understand why since white people are the one's who benefit from this ideology at the cost of everyone else

sure its not. And saying minstrel shows were just wholesome entertainment isn't insulting black people.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 17, 2018, 12:45:52 PM

By "authentic," I mean undoctored, and coming from the author it claims to be from. At least some of the letters attributed to Paul seem to be real, but this particular passage I have serious doubts about. I used to have a student Bible that had notes saying when certain passages were not in earlier manuscripts, or when manuscripts varied. It happened quite often. Some Christians use this to their advantage to dismiss contradictions, such as with the two versions of Judas' death. The version in Acts is suspect, while the Gospel's version seems to have been in the original texts.

And yeah, I find it funny that Conservative Christians consider Trump to be ordained by God, yet Obama was the anti-Christ to them. Heaven forbid they show an ounce of consistency.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 17, 2018, 04:43:44 PM
sure its not. And saying minstrel shows were just wholesome entertainment isn't insulting black people.

Do you deny that Christianity is mainly a white religion, or that white people use their religion as an excuse to discriminate against minorities? I'm not ashamed to be white, but that just sounds like common sense to me.
--Fulke Greville--