Romans 13 and Christian ("White") Supremacy

Started by Shiranu, June 16, 2018, 09:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 17, 2018, 04:54:02 PM
By "authentic," I mean undoctored, and coming from the author it claims to be from. At least some of the letters attributed to Paul seem to be real, but this particular passage I have serious doubts about. I used to have a student Bible that had notes saying when certain passages were not in earlier manuscripts, or when manuscripts varied. It happened quite often. Some Christians use this to their advantage to dismiss contradictions, such as with the two versions of Judas' death. The version in Acts is suspect, while the Gospel's version seems to have been in the original texts.

And yeah, I find it funny that Conservative Christians consider Trump to be ordained by God, yet Obama was the anti-Christ to them. Heaven forbid they show an ounce of consistency.
Okay, I can easily accept that meaning of authentic.  I get your point.  That there are various versions of the bible should by itself cast doubt on all of it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 17, 2018, 04:56:52 PM
Do you deny that Christianity is mainly a white religion, or that white people use their religion as an excuse to discriminate against minorities? I'm not ashamed to be white, but that just sounds like common sense to me.

I deny that. Sounds like you've been indoctrinated. I prescribe a strict diet, one which allows for absolutely no legacy media. Or at least gain some perspective that isn't so american-centric jesus christ. 'White religion' lmao.

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 17, 2018, 07:53:23 PM
I deny that. Sounds like you've been indoctrinated. I prescribe a strict diet, one which allows for absolutely no legacy media. Or at least gain some perspective that isn't so american-centric jesus christ. 'White religion' lmao.

First off, this is a thread about Christianity in America... so yes, this view of Christianity is going to be "American-centric". The thread uses exclusively examples from American history of Christianity being used to justify white supremacy... so why would we talk about Christianity in say Mexico, or Honduras, or Korea, or Spain or wherever? (More on that in a second though)

Second... so you would argue that Protestantism (i.e. "Christianity" in the states since they make up the majority, and as agreed on by both protestants and Catholics [who say they are Catholic before "Christian") is not a predominately white religion even though it's power structure heavily favours white leaders and is almost exclusively white in terms of clergy and hierarchy? Would you argue that politicians who hold power right now in our government, who run on platforms of their Christianity and how Christian they are, and who justify their policy in the name of Christ are somehow not using Christianity for their own power?

You would argue that Christianity hasn't been abused by the white majority to justify their mistreatment of minorities throughout American history?

And let's look at Christianity as a whole; have you ever heard of the encomienda and hacienda systems of Spanish colonialism? It's expressed purpose was to take indigenous Americans and Filipinos, turn them into slave labour, and do it all under the guise of, "we must convert them to Christianity!". The entire system of hierarchy in Latin America was based on the casta system, which is basically "Christian White Europeans" on top and everything progressively less white and less Christian is inferiour.

That legacy lives on to this day in Latin America, particularly in countries like Mexico (I focus it on the most because it's the country I am most familiar with) where the ruling class still predominately trace their heritage to white ancestors while indigenous Mexicans are extremely underrepresented in the government. This was all established under Christian doctrine, and while Christianity has taken a side-seat to race and class, it was arguably THE key player in making such an unequally stratified society.

Or look at the pope; how many non-white popes have there been? Even our first Latin American pope was of European descent. How many minority cardinals and other high ranking clergy are there in the Vatican compared to white, even though Latino Catholics make up the majority of Catholics?

You are so obsessed with being the antagonist to anything "left" that you are defending Christianities' role in some truly atrocious events in history (and the modern world). Don't even pretend to act like you are somehow less biased than anyone else or being more rational when you are going to that extreme just to be contrarian.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on June 17, 2018, 08:42:41 PM

You are so obsessed with being the antagonist to anything "left" that you are defending Christianities' role in some truly atrocious events in history (and the modern world). 

Yeah, no I'm not you crazy weirdo.

Gilgamesh

Meanwhile, RIGHT NOW, 85% of south africa is christian and they have government-sanctioned murder of whites, grant whites less legal rights, and literally have affirmative action for the african MAJORITY.

But I'm not expecting you bigbrains.jpg to have any perspective. You think america is a decent enough sample size to make generalizations about the world lol.

Munch

Shiranu, you are really passionate about telling the evils of Christianity in the modern world.
Why not so passionate about the role islam has in it? Or would that offend people you know saying anything bad against it with the same derision?

Actually given what you just said Gilgamesh its no surprise, since in the same way certain people in the west don't think outside the bubble of their own creed, like certain people on this forum thinks the worst things in the world only extends to outside their front door. Meanwhile, despite having the ability to look across the world, the same people choose not to, and just live in their bubble.

I was friends with a white south African who moved to the uk due to the threat of what was happening there, his families fears for their lives, and so they moved and had to work their way up here leaving everything behind, that pretty much shook his family up, having to vacate their home because of the threat of being killed in their own homeland.

This is why I take some of the stuff PR says on board, being someones who actually needed to travel from country to country due to issues he faced there, Stuff like that you can't just read about and pretend to have that experience.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 17, 2018, 08:46:53 PM
Yeah, no I'm not you crazy weirdo.

So you deny that it's been used, and is used to this day, to justify racist policies by people in power, but somehow aren't defending it...

Mmhmm. Sure.

Also, are we just going to continue to ignore the fact that you know that the term "soy face" means, but weren't interested enough in such a funny phrase to look up what it actually means before using it as an insult? Like... am I the only one who finds that phrase hilarious and am grateful to the anti-PC crowd for creating it? I don't even agree with it and I found it funny enough to look up... how you gonna agree with it and not know what it means?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on June 17, 2018, 08:51:47 PM
So you deny that it's been used, and is used to this day, to justify racist policies by people in power, but somehow aren't defending it...

Mmhmm. Sure.

Also, are we just going to continue to ignore the fact that you know that the term "soy face" means, but weren't interested enough in such a funny phrase to look up what it actually means before using it as an insult? Like... am I the only one who finds that phrase hilarious and am grateful to the anti-PC crowd for creating it? I don't even agree with it and I found it funny enough to look up... how you gonna agree with it and not know what it means?

[admin]images removed -PickelledEggs[/admin]

Shiranu

QuoteBut I'm not expecting you bigbrains.jpg to have any perspective. You think america is a decent enough sample size to make generalizations about the world lol.

Well, since I was talking about the Americas and Philippines (i.e. about 50% of the global population of Christians)... yeah, I do think that is a pretty decent sample size. That is significantly larger than most sample sizes.

QuoteMeanwhile, RIGHT NOW, 85% of south africa is christian and they have government-sanctioned murder of whites...

If by "government sanctioned murder of whites" you mean being unable to respond to violence against police and the military, much less against civilians, than yes... I agree that is happening. I would just call that, "being unable to respond to violence".

Trust me, if the government is not responding when it's own people are being killed... it has nothing to do with race, it has to do with the fact the government has lost all power. One thing governments tend to not like, regardless of what ethnicity or what ideology they follow, is having their power questioned and their people killed.

Quote...and literally have affirmative action for the african MAJORITY.

Well, yeah, if you want to ignore South African history till literally about 10 years ago, that would seem weird.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 17, 2018, 08:51:37 PM
Shiranu, you are really passionate about telling the evils of Christianity in the modern world.
Why not so passionate about the role islam has in it? Or would that offend people you know saying anything bad against it with the same derision?

This might come as a complete shock to you, but I live in America... which is overwhelmingly Christian. So unsurprisingly my focus is more on Christians than it is Muslims. Just like I don't give "as much" of a shit about Hindu terrorists... that's not because I am granting Hindu's a pass, it's that I have no power in the slightest over their actions so I have zero reason to care about them. They are no more a threat to my way of life than Muslims are. That's not to say I don't share articles when it get's particularly bad (as I have about people like Modi), but it just means that it is outside my sphere of influence and I outside it's, so what good is it to get overly worked up about it?

Secondly, let's add up how many threads I have talked about Christianity being the great evil that's going to destroy society, then add up the number of threads you, pr, Gilga have started talking about how Islam is the greatest evil the world has ever seen. Fuck it, let's add up 1v1 how many posts I have mentioned Christianity in a negative light vs any of yall mentioning Islam as the greatest evil to ever blot the earth.

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." - Mathew 7:5.

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 17, 2018, 08:53:38 PM

[admin]images removed -PickelledEggs[/admin]

Mhmm. Still don't know what soy face actually means but thought it sound cool, like a little kid saying "penis" because he heard a big boy say it.

How does it feel being some random youtubers cuck? I really think if you had a girlfriend (lol, right?) you would be first in line if someone like Pat Condell or that actual "ironic" soy-face youtuber yall keep sharing from Ireland was like, "Yo, we need to fuck your girl to protect the West from Islam!".

Gilgamesh

When you take farmland from whites without compensation, give whites less legal rights, give your african population benefits despite being the overwhelming majority, and claim that all of this is just because 'muh white colonialism' but its okay because white cucks like shiranu will be your forever-apologist in the west because they hate whites too.

Marxism really did a doozie on you bud.

Shiranu

Quote...but its okay...

Except it's not.

Saying their are historical reasons for atrocities does not excuse atrocities.

I predominately blame England and France for WW2; they really fucked over Germany and left Germany in a position for Hitler to rise to power. Their lust for retribution rather than resolution was one of the key factors in Germany being so down-and-out when Hitler promised to make Germany great again.

Now tell me, does that statement mean I think the Nazi's were justified? Does that mean that historians think the Nazi's were the good guys?

Munch

oh sorry I've never read the bible.

Also seems like you care enough to often criticize any criticism people like myself, PR and Gilgamesh have against islam, in mine and PRs case, we, unlike you, live in a part of the world where islam is growing across these regions and the violence that kind of theocratic indoctrination brings with it, but rather then understanding that, you just pass it off as racism because it hurts your fragile ego that someone might have a bad thing to say again what could be one of your 200th generational ancestor

QuoteMhmm. Still don't know what soy face actually means

we live in the internet age. Fact that you don't look it up just means you don't want to know what it means rather then being incapable of doing so.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/soy-boy
Quote"Soy Boy" is a pejorative which is often used in right-wing online communities to describe men lacking masculine characteristics, bearing many similarities to the slang term "cuck". The term is based on the presence of phytoestrogens contained within soybeans, which have led some to conclude that soy products feminize men who consume them.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/nu-male-smile
QuoteNu-male Smile, also known as the Soylent Grin, Soyboy Face, Nu-Male Face and Cuckface, is an internet slang term referring to a facial expression associated with men described as nu-male or Soy Boys who are photographed expressing surprise or excitement with their mouth agape. Online, a variation of Wojak referred to as "Soyjack" is illustrated with the open-mouthed smile.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin