I'm Not Sure What To Do With This Thing-a-ma-Bob

Started by SGOS, June 16, 2018, 08:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

My Sister and Brother-in-law sent me this gizmo as a present, and I'm not sure what it is, or what its for.  It's called the Chillbo Baggins.  It has its pros and cons.  On the positive side it is unique, and I like things that are unique.  I don't actually know what the negatives are, because I don't know what it's supposed to do.  On the plus side, remember how out of breath you get blowing up an air mattress when you go camping?  With this thing you just kind of run around and it inflates.  I give it points for inflatability.  Yes, I think that's what it's for.  It's an inflator thing that you get pleasure from inflating.  Because it fun to inflate things and it's good to have an excuse to look silly doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbCYFYTfMo

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 16, 2018, 08:04:42 AM
My Sister and Brother-in-law sent me this gizmo as a present, and I'm not sure what it is, or what its for.  It's called the Chillbo Baggins.  It has its pros and cons.  On the positive side it is unique, and I like things that are unique.  I don't actually know what the negatives are, because I don't know what it's supposed to do.  On the plus side, remember how out of breath you get blowing up an air mattress when you go camping?  With this thing you just kind of run around and it inflates.  I give it points for inflatability.  Yes, I think that's what it's for.  It's an inflator thing that you get pleasure from inflating.  Because it fun to inflate things and it's good to have an excuse to look silly doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbCYFYTfMo

check this link to the product at Amazon.  MAYBE it explains some of it. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

its just a gimmicky inflatable chair/lounger you don't need a pump for. Its unique like you say, but really doesn't have much else to it but that, just something to inflat and lay on.

I had something similar when I was with my bfs while they were setting up their new flat and didn't have a couch yet, so brought this with me.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on June 16, 2018, 08:32:30 AM
its just a gimmicky inflatable chair/lounger you don't need a pump for. Its unique like you say, but really doesn't have much else to it but that, just something to inflat and lay on.

I had something similar when I was with my bfs while they were setting up their new flat and didn't have a couch yet, so brought this with me.

That looks half way comfortable, and you can tell what it is right away.  Put that in the plus column:  Identifiablity 

I stayed with some friends that put me in the guest room with an inflatable bed.  It wasn't just an air mattress or a deluxe air mattress.  It looked like a real bed, and was equally comfortable if you didn't consciously make an effort to compare it to a regular bed.  They are always in a house building mode, but were finally ready to entertain, so they went out looking for a guest bed. 

They explained that they saw this while they were in the furniture store.  The husband said, "This would be fine for a guest bed," but the wife protested that it would be rude to make your guest sleep on (what she called) a glorified air mattress.  But the husband got his way and they probably saved a bundle in the process.

So anyway the first morning they asked me about the bed, and just being honest, I said it was fine, which it was, although it felt different than a real bed.  Then they told me about the argument in the store, and I realized had been unknowingly guided into settling a family dispute, as the wife seemed disappointed by my approval, and the husband seemed slightly gloating over his wise and economical choice.  It could have been an awkward moment, although they don't take things too seriously, and tend to make jokes about their family disputes.

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on June 16, 2018, 09:02:57 AM
Chillbo Baggins

Yeah, that could be called trademark infringement, I suppose.  Actually the label on the product said Chillbo Schwaggins, so they're probably in the clear.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on June 16, 2018, 08:13:02 AM
check this link to the product at Amazon.  MAYBE it explains some of it. 
It's the same instruction video, and Amazon is where I first saw it, but I found it again on Utube, because I thought it might link better.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 16, 2018, 10:51:21 AM
Yeah, that could be called trademark infringement, I suppose.  Actually the label on the product said Chillbo Schwaggins, so they're probably in the clear.

Sch is germanic ... so trademark Nazis will have nothing to fear.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

It might make a good flotation device for the lake. Like an inflatable canoe.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 16, 2018, 01:40:37 PM
It might make a good flotation device for the lake. Like an inflatable canoe.
The ads show that.  There's even one that makes it look like they're in the Grand Canyon, but they leak, not a lot, but they do.  It's amazing how well they do hold the air considering that the air intake is an opening two feet long, and roll closes.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 16, 2018, 05:54:44 PM
The ads show that.  There's even one that makes it look like they're in the Grand Canyon, but they leak, not a lot, but they do.  It's amazing how well they do hold the air considering that the air intake is an opening two feet long, and roll closes.

Nice discovery!

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on June 16, 2018, 10:48:48 AM
That looks half way comfortable, and you can tell what it is right away.  Put that in the plus column:  Identifiablity 

I stayed with some friends that put me in the guest room with an inflatable bed.  It wasn't just an air mattress or a deluxe air mattress.  It looked like a real bed, and was equally comfortable if you didn't consciously make an effort to compare it to a regular bed.  They are always in a house building mode, but were finally ready to entertain, so they went out looking for a guest bed. 

They explained that they saw this while they were in the furniture store.  The husband said, "This would be fine for a guest bed," but the wife protested that it would be rude to make your guest sleep on (what she called) a glorified air mattress.  But the husband got his way and they probably saved a bundle in the process.

So anyway the first morning they asked me about the bed, and just being honest, I said it was fine, which it was, although it felt different than a real bed.  Then they told me about the argument in the store, and I realized had been unknowingly guided into settling a family dispute, as the wife seemed disappointed by my approval, and the husband seemed slightly gloating over his wise and economical choice.  It could have been an awkward moment, although they don't take things too seriously, and tend to make jokes about their family disputes.
I sleep on an air mattress, and find it very comfortable.  Because I used to work on the front desk at our office and we're a social service agency, we have periodic bed bug scares, so I switched to an air mattress to deny them a foothold should I accidentally carry one home.  Now that I'm not client-facing anymore, I still sleep on one because I find them quite comfortable.  And spectacularly easy to move if I need to deep-clean the bedroom, or just feel like rearranging things.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on July 15, 2018, 08:53:59 PM
I sleep on an air mattress, and find it very comfortable.  Because I used to work on the front desk at our office and we're a social service agency, we have periodic bed bug scares, so I switched to an air mattress to deny them a foothold should I accidentally carry one home.  Now that I'm not client-facing anymore, I still sleep on one because I find them quite comfortable.  And spectacularly easy to move if I need to deep-clean the bedroom, or just feel like rearranging things.

I like my waterbed mattress for the same basic reasons.  and because I am a bit paranoid about bedbugs, I when a wake up at night and toss the covers off and look for them.  Never saw one.  It's leftover fears of bedbugs and roaches from when I brought my elderly dad here from FL for 2 years 6 years ago. 

I get bugbites, but they are "just" ticks from working in the yard.  That's bad enough.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 17, 2018, 02:15:17 AM
I like my waterbed mattress for the same basic reasons.  and because I am a bit paranoid about bedbugs, I when a wake up at night and toss the covers off and look for them.  Never saw one.  It's leftover fears of bedbugs and roaches from when I brought my elderly dad here from FL for 2 years 6 years ago. 

I get bugbites, but they are "just" ticks from working in the yard.  That's bad enough.

The bedbugs are stuck in your fur ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.