Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Price... By Norway

Started by pr126, June 14, 2018, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on June 22, 2018, 09:25:04 PM
I've said it more than a fair share of times now... if you put pr and a fundamentalist Muslim in the same room, they would agree on far more than they disagree... and they would agree on things they both consider top-tier priorities and not just trivial things.

If you put a moslem, a jew and a christian in a closed room and gave them knives, they would circle around each other looking for a chance to kill.  But if you then put an atheist into the room, they would all scream "infidel" and attack together the atheist together... 

So remember, theists of all forms hate us more than they hate each other.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on June 25, 2018, 12:00:30 AM
If you put a moslem, a jew and a christian in a closed room and gave them knives, they would circle around each other looking for a chance to kill.  But if you then put an atheist into the room, they would all scream "infidel" and attack together the atheist together... 
It's easier for them to accept you if you believe in some wacko thing, even it's the wrong wacko thing.  Then at least they know you are receptive to conversion.  This is why they are always trying to invent an atheist belief system, and asking questions like, "Well, what DO you believe in then?"  Accepting things that cannot be proven is a cornerstone of good reliable gullibility. 

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 25, 2018, 03:31:52 AM
It's easier for them to accept you if you believe in some wacko thing, even it's the wrong wacko thing.  Then at least they know you are receptive to conversion.  This is why they are always trying to invent an atheist belief system, and asking questions like, "Well, what DO you believe in then?"  Accepting things that cannot be proven is a cornerstone of good reliable gullibility.

The "you must believe is something" is one of the things theists argue most.  They just CAN'T grasp the idea of "not believing" as some matter of faith.

Getting theists to contemplate the idea of "not believing" is the rocky shore I keep hitting up against.  It doesn't seem odd to ME, but they can't imagine it.  And "imagine" is the key word there.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 25, 2018, 03:31:52 AM

Without gullibility, belief in things that can't be proven "new and improved" is the basis for consumerism, and popular politics.

Theists are like dogs, atheists are like cats ;-)  Dogs have packs, cats don't.  One blog created by a Canadian that I participated in years ago, was for secular humanism.  Apparently most people like that don't do social media, because they aren't very social.

Proof?  As in 2+2=4?  Doesn't exist for most things people are actually interested in.  Say ... 9/11 conspiracy?  That is why people have "beliefs" about 9/11.  This is very important for people like President Cheney.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 14, 2018, 02:43:17 PM
Wow. Watch liberal heads explode.

Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Price... By Norway
I don't think he should accept if awarded.
I wouldn't want to be in the company or Yasser Arafat and 0bama. Have some dignity FFS.

Wait, did you mean "Norway" or "North Korea".  They ARE close alphabetically...