Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Price... By Norway

Started by pr126, June 14, 2018, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

The liberal left has the same certitude in their beliefs that many of the devout Christians and Muslims have.
They are right, everybody else is wrong.

Thanks to the relentless indoctrination and propaganda that is done by the  Academia and Media for the last 50 years.
If you want to see America's future, watch Europe closely.
You are heading there.

pr126

@ PickelledEggs

You have a choice to ignore my posts just as I am ignoring yours.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on June 15, 2018, 12:47:15 PM
@ PickelledEggs

You have a choice to ignore my posts just as I am ignoring yours.

I actually don't. And I'm not upset by your posts or anything, I'm intrigued and still curious to see if we can break you out of your thick headded, incorrect view of the world

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on June 15, 2018, 06:45:52 AM
Did you protest Obama's prize?

Why do I need to? Oh wait is it because Obama was waaaaaaaaay better than Trump? And many republicans are butthurt by obama?

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 15, 2018, 05:08:06 PM
Why do I need to? Oh wait is it because Obama was waaaaaaaaay better than Trump? And many republicans are butthurt by obama?

So ... Obama's Nobel was justified?  Bwhwha.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Obama probably shouldn't have received a Nobel Peace Award.  It was probably a general idea to award the US for electing a biracial President.  And to be fair, it is not like he sought it.  I would have been more impressed if he had declined it, understanding that it not been earned.  On the other hand, it is their award to give for their own reasons.  And if you are given an award, its not like you have to start a fight about it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

sdelsolray

Quote from: pr126 on June 14, 2018, 02:43:17 PM
Wow. Watch liberal heads explode.

Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Price... By Norway
I don't think he should accept if awarded.
I wouldn't want to be in the company or Yasser Arafat and 0bama. Have some dignity FFS.

Hyperbole and click bait...of which you repeat.  Two legislators from Noway nominated Trump, which they are entitled to do because they meet the criteria for those who can nominate.  However, the county, Norway, did not nominate him.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on June 16, 2018, 02:54:03 AM
Obama probably shouldn't have received a Nobel Peace Award.  It was probably a general idea to award the US for electing a biracial President.  And to be fair, it is not like he sought it.  I would have been more impressed if he had declined it, understanding that it not been earned.  On the other hand, it is their award to give for their own reasons.  And if you are given an award, its not like you have to start a fight about it.
Pretty much spot on.  I was actually disappointed that it was awarded to him, before he had actually done anything other than a) not be Dubya and b) communicate in clear, complete and grammatically correct sentences.  And let's be fair, Obama himself recognized this in his address:

Quote from: Barack Obama
And yet I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the considerable controversy that your generous decision has generated. In part, this is because I am at the beginning, and not the end, of my labors on the world stage. Compared to some of the giants of history who've received this prize â€" Schweitzer and King; Marshall and Mandela â€" my accomplishments are slight.

The Nobels are a human institution, not an anointment by some higher power, and subject to both the spirit of the times in which they are awarded, and historical analysis.

They've erred before in almost every categoryâ€"failing to recognize Gandhi, Alfred Russell Wallace, Lise Meitner, Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Dmitri Mendeleev, Ralph Alpher, or Einstein a second time for Special and General Relativity (his award was for explaining the photoelectric effect); or in awarding them to William Shockley (who more or less bullied his way onto the transistor team and actively tried to cut Brattain and Bardeen out of any recognition), Antonio Egas Moniz (lobotomies), or Kissinger.  Occasionally they were even stopped from awarding one that was deservedâ€"the Nobel Physics committee wanted to award one to Sergei Korolev for the successful launch of Sputnik I, but the Soviet authorities wouldn't release Korolev's name and Khrushchev said if they wanted to award one for Sputnik it should be "in the name of the Soviet people".
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on June 21, 2018, 04:11:42 PM
Pretty much spot on.  I was actually disappointed that it was awarded to him, before he had actually done anything other than a) not be Dubya and b) communicate in clear, complete and grammatically correct sentences.  And let's be fair, Obama himself recognized this in his address:

The Nobels are a human institution, not an anointment by some higher power, and subject to both the spirit of the times in which they are awarded, and historical analysis.

They've erred before in almost every categoryâ€"failing to recognize Gandhi, Alfred Russell Wallace, Lise Meitner, Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Dmitri Mendeleev, Ralph Alpher, or Einstein a second time for Special and General Relativity (his award was for explaining the photoelectric effect); or in awarding them to William Shockley (who more or less bullied his way onto the transistor team and actively tried to cut Brattain and Bardeen out of any recognition), Antonio Egas Moniz (lobotomies), or Kissinger.  Occasionally they were even stopped from awarding one that was deservedâ€"the Nobel Physics committee wanted to award one to Sergei Korolev for the successful launch of Sputnik I, but the Soviet authorities wouldn't release Korolev's name and Khrushchev said if they wanted to award one for Sputnik it should be "in the name of the Soviet people".

Can you imagine the speech Trump would give if he was actually awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

"My fellow geniuses, who are not of course my equals, since I know everything, went to better schools, and have a hot wife and a daughter worth dating myself, I bid you welcome to this celebration of Donald Trump, me of course.  And please notice my new hand transplants.  They are HUGE!  I bought them from a retired basketball player.  So that settles everything, right?  Actually, really say "right" or the tasers will be launched randomly.

I am here for you to honor Donald Trump, me, and you are here to do THAT because I am President of the Trump Company, US Presidency Inc.  Stay at my hotels and play at my golf courses at high profits and I may talk to you again some day.  Unless you are a rabidly nuts dictator, and then we will get along JUST FINE!

Damn, Ivana is HOT!

BTW, the Democrats ruined the American revolution (they were all Tories) but Tories were merchant-islamists and that is always bad and why we need to eliminate Europe.  So of course, I accept your award to me, Donald Trump and accept your crown.

Thank you very much..."
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

A Nobel Peace Prize? For what? He's accomplished virtually none of his goals, other than putting his corrupt, unqualified friends in important positions of power, and he certainly hasn't done anything to make the world a better place. Oh well. It's not like the prize even means anything anymore. All this will do is inflate Trump's already massive ego.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: pr126 on June 15, 2018, 08:40:52 AM
The liberal left has the same certitude in their beliefs that many of the devout Christians and Muslims have.
They are right, everybody else is wrong.

Thanks to the relentless indoctrination and propaganda that is done by the  Academia and Media for the last 50 years.
If you want to see America's future, watch Europe closely.
You are heading there.

Mmhm. And you totally give opinions opposite of your own fair consideration, don't you? Yep. Totally not thick headed or anything.

And BTW, calling education "indoctrination and propaganda" is ironically exactly what Christians and Muslims do. See, the difference between education and indoctrination is that education deals in facts, whereas indoctrination deals in beliefs. Colleges teach students how to think for themselves and challenge their preconceived ideas. That's part of the reason I'm no longer a Christian. Not because I was pressured into giving up my beliefs, because I wasn't. Probably 99% of my professors and fellow students were religious, so any time I felt threatened it was because of the mere presence of the reading material conflicting with my deeply held beliefs (such as the concept of evolution in my biology classes). At first, I basically plugged my ears and pressed on, but I eventually learned that is was okay to be open to new ideas. After all, if my beliefs were true, what would I have to be afraid of? That led to my beliefs being molded by the facts, and eventually the complete loss of my faith. Without my college education, I would still be a religious nut who thinks the earth is 6000 years old. So spare me your notions of "indoctrination."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

I've said it more than a fair share of times now... if you put pr and a fundamentalist Muslim in the same room, they would agree on far more than they disagree... and they would agree on things they both consider top-tier priorities and not just trivial things.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 22, 2018, 09:25:04 PM
I've said it more than a fair share of times now... if you put pr and a fundamentalist Muslim in the same room, they would agree on far more than they disagree... and they would agree on things they both consider top-tier priorities and not just trivial things.

Both are Salafists?  One is pro-Muslim, the other anti-Muslim ... but they both agree that historically and currently, that Islamism is a plan for world conquest and subjugation of others?  Yes, they both believe that.  I happen to agree with you, that it isn't necessarily so, that the average person in any group ... is an extremist.  Can't treat them all as extremist, unless they are enabling a military machine.  And that is where things get rough.  The Saudi military machine is way down in Yemen doing bad things ... and they are a US ally.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 24, 2018, 05:50:05 PM
Yeah, but their women can drive now, so they must not be too bad...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/23/middleeast/saudi-women-driving-ban-lifts-intl/index.html

I think they are needed as drivers to get the Saudi men soldiers to the Yemen front.  Rosie the Taliban.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.