Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Price... By Norway

Started by pr126, June 14, 2018, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Wow. Watch liberal heads explode.

QuoteThe summit in Singapore has made US President Donald Trump "a man of peace," according to two Norwegian parliamentary representatives (from the Frp party), and as NRK reports, they have nominated him for the most gifted award of all of them.

I don't think he should accept if awarded.
I wouldn't want to be in the company or Yasser Arafat and 0bama. Have some dignity FFS.

Shiranu

Nothing particularly shocking, considering Kissinger has one as well.

Difference between being nominated for the prize and winning it though. Adam Sandler's "Click" was nominated for an Oscar, but that doesn't make him a great actor.

0/10 for the Obama troll though. Weak af, might have been the delivery being too cliche.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on June 14, 2018, 03:28:59 PM

0/10 for the Obama troll though. Weak af, might have been the delivery being too cliche.
The Obama thing was kind of strange though.  He just got into office, and hadn't done anything.  I'm not trying to be snide, but I think he got if for not being Bush.  Really, at that time I was so happy to get rid of Bush, that I would have given the Nobel Prize to anyone that replaced him.  And I'll speculate that the committee gave it to Obama in that untimely manner, just to point out to the world that they didn't think Bush deserved anything.  Bush had just finished two terms.  Had he done a good thing, it would have been the right time to award him.  But no.  They give it to a complete stranger, rather than Bush.  But I wasn't in the room when the committee decided to handle it like that.

Shiranu

I think it's a mix of that and the fact he was the first African American president, which is a historic landmark the committee probably didn't want to miss out on.

That, and he was one of the best statesmen we have had in decades, regardless of how you feel about his policies.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

The Nobel and the Oscar aren't worth the tin foil they are made of.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

My head would indeed  explode since Trump isn't truly worthy of a peace prize.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: pr126 on June 14, 2018, 02:43:17 PM
Wow. Watch liberal heads explode.

I don't think he should accept if awarded.
I wouldn't want to be in the company or Yasser Arafat and 0bama. Have some dignity FFS.

Also go fuck yourself you crazy fool. The Nobel Peace prize is a dream.

pr126

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 15, 2018, 02:28:41 AM
But Yasser Arafat was?

Did you know that Hitler was nominated fot the Nobel peace prize?

Shiranu

QuoteDid you know that Hitler was nominated fot the Nobel peace prize?

No, he wasn't... at least, not as a serious contender but rather that of a satirical punching bag.

https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/facts/peace/

QuoteAdolf Hitler was nominated once in 1939. Incredulous though it may seem today, the Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1939, by a member of the Swedish parliament, an E.G.C. Brandt. Apparently though, Brandt never intended the nomination to be taken seriously. Brandt was to all intents and purposes a dedicated antifascist, and had intended this nomination more as a satiric criticism of the current political debate in Sweden. (At the time, a number of Swedish parliamentarians had nominated then British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlin for the Nobel Peace Prize, a nomination which Brandt viewed with great skepticism. ) However, Brandt's satirical intentions were not well received at all and the nomination was swiftly withdrawn in a letter dated 1 February 1939.

Now, if you really want to bring up WW2, you should go with the fact that Joseph Stalin was nominated for one. That really fits your whole, "Cultural Marxist are out to subvert society! It goes back all the way to 1945!". It would be both factual and conveniently in favour of your position depending on how you spin it.

Rookie mistake. 0/10.

PickelledEggs

The only thing I want to comment on is the giddy, premature anticipation of "triggered liberals" of every single post pr makes. Almost like that is almost entirely what the 1-dimensional old fart consists of.

PickelledEggs

Don't forget to change your pants, since you jerk yourself off so hard. No one likes a mess

pr126

One thing is sure, liberals are very tolerant to different ideas.
Maybe that’s why the call themselves liberals.

SGOS

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 15, 2018, 03:31:55 AM
The only thing I want to comment on is the giddy, premature anticipation of "triggered liberals" of every single post pr makes. Almost like that is almost entirely what the 1-dimensional old fart consists of.
Does anyone ever stop to wonder who is really the one suffering when someone accuses another of being triggered?  Is it the recipient of the baiting, or the person who delights in believing others are upset?  Delighting in the agitation of others is more likely a symptom of unresolved emotions festering under the skin.  It's about unresolved hatred and contempt.  Someone got triggered long ago, and wants payback even if it can only be imagined.

PR123 isn't actually that bad, IMO.  He's bothered by potentially seeing his culture taken over by another less tolerant one.  I don't see him actively trying to piss off others most of the time.  I think his opinions are genuine.  I can respect that more than someone who simply wants to be a prick for the sake of satisfying a perverse need.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 15, 2018, 02:28:41 AM

Did you protest Obama's prize?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 15, 2018, 04:20:59 AM
One thing is sure, liberals are very tolerant to different ideas.
Maybe that’s why the call themselves liberals.

Are they tolerant of Islamists cutting off their heads?  I want to see that ... seems like Europe will be the test case.

No, not all Germans were Nazis ... but the Nazis were the one's in control, that is what mattered, not virtue signaling.

When the less tolerant Japanese killed 20 million Chinese ... it was just the Chinese being intolerant of genocide, their fault, not Japan's.

If people here are tolerant of a less tolerant society where they live ... then y'all are fakes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.