University of Connecticut Stranger Things.

Started by pr126, June 13, 2018, 12:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Take a second.

Read what we actually said.

Try again.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 22, 2018, 12:20:53 AM
The Dems get all upset when their favorite group gets mentioned in less than flattering way.
They feel very protective of their voter base. 

@ Baruch:
There is no such thing as Islamism. There is just Islam.

No such thing as Judaism.  There is just Israel imperialism?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Or Buddhism. Or Jainism. Oddly, I know not of Christianism. Now there is a word waiting.

What is the difference between Islam and Islamism? Which is better, which is worse? Are they the same?

Ism. What is it?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 22, 2018, 11:06:37 AM
Or Buddhism. Or Jainism. Oddly, I know not of Christianism. Now there is a word waiting.

What is the difference between Islam and Islamism? Which is better, which is worse? Are they the same?

Ism. What is it?

Christianism ... what the Europeans did from about 500 CE - 1900 CE in its Byzantine and W European forms.  By 1900 CE of course, Darwin, Marx and Nietzsche had subverted Christianism ... each in their own way.

You are a smart and mature man ... but obsessive.  If we can't separate religion from politics (in the Anglo-American tradition at least) then we have to return to wars of religion.  And atheists must be executed for treason against the Church of England etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xuBNxEIWDw
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 22, 2018, 11:06:37 AM

Ism. What is it?

Actually, I understand your objection to "Christianism".  It should be "Christism" as in Buddism, Hinduism, Mithraism, etc.  But as a religious name for "Christian", it IS a logical construct.  Just not a common one.  I have a habit that my college English teachers pointed out many times, of creating new words that were perfectly rational in construct, just not the usual forms. 

In 12th grade english class, the teacher put up 'Jabberwocky' and challenged any of us to identify the words by their parts of speech.  I stepped right up and identified them all perfectly.  He was both annoyed (I ruined his teaching segment I suppose)  and impressed.  I got a reference from him to advanced English in college, but I wasn't interested in it enough to continue. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 25, 2018, 10:37:28 AM
Actually, I understand your objection to "Christianism".  It should be "Christism" as in Buddism, Hinduism, Mithraism, etc.  But as a religious name for "Christian", it IS a logical construct.  Just not a common one.  I have a habit that my college English teachers pointed out many times, of creating new words that were perfectly ration in construct, just not the usual forms. 

In 12th grade english class, the teacher put up 'Jabberwocky' and challenged any of us to identify the words by their parts of speech.  I stepped right up and identified them all perfectly.  He was both annoyed (I ruined his teaching segment I suppose)  and impressed.  I got a reference from him to advanced English in college, but I wasn't interested in it enough to continue.

You could have been a journalist for the Lame Stream Media ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2018, 07:35:44 PM
You could have been a journalist for the Lame Stream Media ;-)

No, I could NEVER work for Fox News...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2018, 04:38:27 AM
No, I could NEVER work for Fox News...

Inverted totalitarianism (Dems) isn't better than regular totalitarianism (Repubs).  The media serves its masters ... Satan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2018, 08:06:12 PM
Inverted totalitarianism (Dems) isn't better than regular totalitarianism (Repubs).  The media serves its masters ... Satan.

Well, since you seem to be quoting Satan, I will ignore it.

What is "inverted totalitarianism"?

Yeah, it's a softball question.  Enjoy...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 02:11:11 AM
Well, since you seem to be quoting Satan, I will ignore it.

What is "inverted totalitarianism"?

Yeah, it's a softball question.  Enjoy...

What you practiced for 40 years?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_totalitarianism
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.