University of Connecticut Stranger Things.

Started by pr126, June 13, 2018, 12:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 16, 2018, 08:51:43 AM
The Borg have arrived in Europe. (52 Million and more coming)

"You will be assimilated. Existence, as you know it, is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Or as William The Conqueror said, "Resistance is Feudal"...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 13, 2018, 12:28:13 AM
Where is the ACLU?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrImoAY-GM

You know what most amazes me about this whole story is that I cant find a najor news source referencing it/  Al  the links are to specialty sites dedicated to anger and conspiracy.  Seriously, if this was true, it would be front page on CNN, NBC, The Washington Post, Trump would surely have been going nuts about it and even HE hasn't mentioned it, etc. 

So what actually happened there?

Baruch

If it didn't happen in a D-party rag .. it didn't happen, right?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/18/felix-coe-muslim-professor-made-students-remove-sh/

I have no problem with what the professor did.  i hate college students too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2018, 02:24:12 PM
If it didn't happen in a D-party rag .. it didn't happen, right?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/18/felix-coe-muslim-professor-made-students-remove-sh/

I have no problem with what the professor did.  i hate college students too.

Yet a month later and nothing has been heard about this, not even on Crazy Damn Fox.  Are you still supporting the claim?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 02:30:04 PM
Yet a month later and nothing has been heard about this, not even on Crazy Damn Fox.  Are you still supporting the claim?

Lots of things disappear down the memory hole now ... being the COINTELPRO times we live in.  I am beginning to doubt that Obama was ever President.

I don't watch Fox, oh king of dismissal stereotyping.  Like Al Gore was President, while Bill Clinton was chasing pussy, and Dick Cheney was President, while George W Bush was choking on pretzels ... maybe Joe Biden was President while Barak Obama was polishing empty rhetoric?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 02:04:43 PM
You know what most amazes me about this whole story is that I cant find a najor news source referencing it/  Al  the links are to specialty sites dedicated to anger and conspiracy.  Seriously, if this was true, it would be front page on CNN, NBC, The Washington Post, Trump would surely have been going nuts about it and even HE hasn't mentioned it, etc. 

I actually did a little research, and the guy in the video IS a professor at UCon. So something definitely did happen, and the guy seems to be a bit nutty for having students do that (and imo, in the wrong), but the idea that this is somehow forcing his students to be Muslim and worship Allah, or that it is evidence of the impending SJW apocalypse, is absolutely ridiculous.

And colleges protect their employees, even when they employees are wrong. That isn't some liberal thing; how many rape scandals does the military have where it sides with the people who covered it up rather than the victims... do you think the military is a liberal institution for snowflakes as well?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 21, 2018, 02:04:43 PM

I did find one site that said Uconn forced the prof. to take down the sign.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on June 13, 2018, 01:04:22 AM
Doesn't matter. You won't believe it anyway.

It's funny. It's almost like you know in the back of your head that the things you are aligning with are bullshit, but you can't seem to actually get yourself out of denial.

An alcoholic!
That's what you remind me of. An alcoholic... but with racism and politics

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 21, 2018, 07:12:33 PM

Fake news!  All Muslims are good pacifist Democrats in disguise!

At least pr126 isn't in denial of what Islamism is.  The Left want to embrace anything that will destroy the USA ... the Right want to do evil things ... not really different in my eyes.  I would rather have teetotaling Muslim neighbors than you party animals.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on July 21, 2018, 03:28:12 PM
I actually did a little research, and the guy in the video IS a professor at UCon. So something definitely did happen, and the guy seems to be a bit nutty for having students do that (and imo, in the wrong), but the idea that this is somehow forcing his students to be Muslim and worship Allah, or that it is evidence of the impending SJW apocalypse, is absolutely ridiculous.

And colleges protect their employees, even when they employees are wrong. That isn't some liberal thing; how many rape scandals does the military have where it sides with the people who covered it up rather than the victims... do you think the military is a liberal institution for snowflakes as well?
You seem to forget that people like pr thought Obama was going to build a mosque on top of where the world trade center fell.

They thrive on believing ridiculous bullshit

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 21, 2018, 07:12:33 PM

That seems appropriate.

Funny, after reading the op I kinda expected the kids to be forced to convert to Islam by the college or have their heads cut off. I am a little disappointed at how boring it ended.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 21, 2018, 10:19:05 PM
You seem to forget that people like pr thought Obama was going to build a mosque on top of where the world trade center fell.

They thrive on believing ridiculous bullshit

Obama did far worse ... in Ukraine, Yemen, Libya, Syria.  Deny, deny, deny.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 21, 2018, 10:23:50 PM
That seems appropriate.

Funny, after reading the op I kinda expected the kid's to be forced to convert to Islam by the college or have their heads cut off. I am a little disappointed at how boring it ended.

Would have been more interesting at Schizoid U in Oregon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

The Dems get all upset when their favorite group gets mentioned in less than flattering way.
They feel very protective of their voter base. 

@ Baruch:
There is no such thing as Islamism. There is just Islam.