University of Connecticut Stranger Things.

Started by pr126, June 13, 2018, 12:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 13, 2018, 06:26:42 AM
Then take it up with the university. To say you are blowing it out of proportions while not actually doing anything about it is selling it short.

Seems your the one blowing things out of proportion. All he's done is post a video
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 13, 2018, 01:50:13 AM
Wow, so it's one nutjob out of... let's see, 3.3 million people. Gee, that surely must mean they are all nutjobs then!

This guy is an idiot. That's it. His name is Felix Coe... how devout of Muslim do you really think this guy is? One review I have seen on him going through professor rating sites is that he is extremely bipolar (even from reviews that were praising him). He is a loon.

I could do the same thing for literally any other group (Conservatives, Christians, Atheists, Whites, Men, Straights, whatever) etc. of searching for the most absolutely nutjobbish of people of thouse groups, and then blame it on their ideology or culture for being crazy, but I don't. It's just not accurate, and the people who push it do so out of hatred.

No, one sane person (you) out of 7 billion crazies ... what are the odds of that being correct?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 13, 2018, 05:57:39 AM
He's got a point, it seems these days any criticism against Islam and what people do in the name of it and your quick to try and find a loophole to prove his options are based on some racist thoughts, when fact is Islam isn't a race.

Anything White people say, is racism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on June 13, 2018, 06:26:42 AM
Then take it up with the university. To say you are blowing it out of proportions while not actually doing anything about it is selling it short.
Not doing anything? I can’t afford the plain ticket to get there. So sorry.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 13, 2018, 06:06:05 AM
The point is that this is allowed by the college administration when they are funded by the tax payers.

ACLU is not available for comments.

Not a problem in the US.  In Britain there is no free speech ... IngSOC.  The professor can do anything his admin lets him get away with.  So why do you object?

I would have no problem behaving politely in the presence of an orthodox Jew, so I wouldn't have any problem behaving myself around a Catholic priest or a orthodox Muslim.  But I agree, the professor is being a bit ... superstitious.  He must teach in the religion department ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 13, 2018, 06:53:23 AM
Seems your the one blowing things out of proportion. All he's done is post a video

Only true blue D party can be allowed to post videos.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The Christians are shooting their classmates in schools.

The Moslems are blowing each other up in the marketplaces, abducting young girls as sex slaves.

The Jews are shooting people who cast stones.

US Christians are happily separating children from their mothers at the border "for deterrence".

Moslems are abducting boys and indoctrinating them as suicide soldiers.

Hindu mobs kill raped women for becoming "impure" and kill Moslems on the vaguest of rumors.

Is it any wonder that religious beliefs in industrialized modern societies is diminishing?  In the 90s, the number of US atheists was about 14%.  Now it is 26% and apparently growing.  In Europe, it is higher.  It is hitting a tipping point in many places.  It used to be that most people thought the Earth was flat.  And then they didn't.  Atheism may suddenly become the majority viewpoint every where it matters, and the places that hold on to it, diminish like the belief in Thor and Osiris.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Cavebear wrote:

QuoteThe Christians are shooting their classmates in schools.
Rather a gross generalization. Where they ALL really devout Christians?
Did they shoot classmates because of their religious dictate?
Does the Bible say kill them wherever find them? (Quran 2:191, 3:151, 9:5, 4:89)

Did they scream "in the name of Jesus" while shooting their classmates?

Or were the shooters simply deranged or had a grudge?
You may find after a little research that this accusation may be baseless.

And to keep with the hashtag craze,

#NOTALLCHRISTIANS

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 16, 2018, 03:28:56 AM
Cavebear wrote:
Rather a gross generalization. Where they really devout Christians?
Does the Bible say kill them wherever find them?

And to keep with the customary hashtag craze,

#NOTALLCHRISTIANS

Well, it was the same as the others.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 16, 2018, 03:28:56 AM
Cavebear wrote:
Rather a gross generalization. Where they ALL really devout Christians?
Does the Bible say kill them wherever find them? (Quran 2:191, 3:151, 9:5, 4:89)

And to keep with the hashtag craze,

#NOTALLCHRISTIANS

To answer more fully...

It is routine for members of any religious belief to claim, well, those evil people weren't really "one of us".  They are.

They killed classmates because of their religiously created anger.

And a quick search found this at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/274039446_The_Implicit_Religion_of_School_Shootings_Existential_Concerns_of_Perpetrators_Prior_to_Their_Crime

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 16, 2018, 05:24:20 AM
To answer more fully...

It is routine for members of any religious belief to claim, well, those evil people weren't really "one of us".  They are.

They killed classmates because of their religiously created anger.

And a quick search found this at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/274039446_The_Implicit_Religion_of_School_Shootings_Existential_Concerns_of_Perpetrators_Prior_to_Their_Crime

So political ideology must be religious, because it also creates anger?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 16, 2018, 06:00:34 AM
So political ideology must be religious, because it also creates anger?

Any ideology does so, have you seen how toxic star trek, star wars and my little pony fandom's get? And that's just an internal issue. Now have such group ideologies with people who don't conform to it, and you create a whirlpool of resentment
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 16, 2018, 07:29:59 AM
Any ideology does so, have you seen how toxic star trek, star wars and my little pony fandom's get? And that's just an internal issue. Now have such group ideologies with people who don't conform to it, and you create a whirlpool of resentment

Yes, Star Wars is now part of The Resistance, part of Clinton Incorporated.  Star Trek got converted from American to European in 1988 ... the Borg will make short work of it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

The Borg have arrived in Europe. (52 Million and more coming)

"You will be assimilated. Existence, as you know it, is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 16, 2018, 08:51:43 AM
The Borg have arrived in Europe. (52 Million and more coming)

"You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

Beware of what SciFi is popular ... apparently the British expect to escape the Borg, and The Master, in the Tardis ;-)

The later versions of Star Trek were metrosexual.  Though Capt Picard was less EU, after experiencing the tender mercies of becoming Locutus.  He stopped just short of exterminating all of them (he infected them with a anti-social computer virus instead).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.