News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Special Persons Day?

Started by pr126, June 09, 2018, 03:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Only thing I disagree with was when he started to use the LGBT handle as if gay people can't have children. I once knew two guys who eventually got married and had two kids, which actually involved an arrangement with one of their ex-wives through sperm donation and the pair of them were given parental rights.

So yeah abolishing father's day to call it something else is clearly this insane bitches man hating narrative, but children can have gay parents too.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 09, 2018, 04:59:24 AM
Only thing I disagree with was when he started to use the LGBT handle as if gay people can't have children. I once knew two guys who eventually got married and had two kids, which actually involved an arrangement with one of their ex-wives through sperm donation and the pair of them were given parental rights.

So yeah abolishing father's day to call it something else is clearly this insane bitches man hating narrative, but children can have gay parents too.

How much of Pr126's videos are actors, playing out a script provided by the Right wing?  Do Leftists actually behave this badly?  Are both sides just puppets of MI6?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 09, 2018, 07:05:50 AM
How much of Pr126's videos are actors, playing out a script provided by the Right wing?  Do Leftists actually behave this badly?  Are both sides just puppets of MI6?

Well this one, this.. Red Ruby Scarlett.. (Drag queen name?) Is genuine about her campaign push.

Munch

he's right, this is sexist. Your not going to have this fake 'doctor' drag queen commit to renaming mothers day 'special persons day', just the one related to men.

I didn't have a great relationship with my dad, he wasn't much of a father, but even I know this is complete bullshit, since I had a amazing grandfather who taught me the value of strong male role models.

Baruch

OK, but only if they rename Mother's Day ... Bitch Day (not really).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

My dad is an abusive, narcissistic megalomaniac that is scamming state welfare and I hate his fucking guts, so even though this video is complete bullshit and littered with what I am betting is completely false information (as per usual for his posts), I almost wish it was true.

PickelledEggs

Whether or not people *want* to rename anything, it is completely besides the fact of whether or not it will actually happen... or even has a chance at happening. The fact that you put so much weight in to what whiny babies *want* and whine about only shows how much of a whiny baby you are.

aitm

Fathers/Mothers day...c'mon...its a fucking gambit to make money. Along with every other holiday. Recognize it, pound away at it and maybe we will stop the insane stupidity of it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 09, 2018, 04:14:28 PM
My dad is an abusive, narcissistic megalomaniac that is scamming state welfare and I hate his fucking guts, so even though this video is complete bullshit and littered with what I am betting is completely false information (as per usual for his posts), I almost wish it was true.

Sorry, but just because your dad's like that, doesn't mean other people who celebrate their fathers as the role they play in people's lives shouldn't be undermined by a few people's bitterness.

As I've said, my father was an alcoholic, verbally abusive, neglectful old bastard who even sneered at his own grandchildren when around them, and I hated him. But it didn't corrupt my view of fatherhood to the point of thinking anyone else being able to celebrate it should be scrapped.

What about someone who was abused by their mothers, should mothers day be scrapped because of it hurting their feelings?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on June 09, 2018, 04:53:40 PM
Sorry, but just because your dad's like that, doesn't mean other people who celebrate their fathers as the role they play in people's lives shouldn't be undermined by a few people's bitterness.

As I've said, my father was an alcoholic, verbally abusive, neglectful old bastard who even sneered at his own grandchildren when around them, and I hated him. But it didn't corrupt my view of fatherhood to the point of thinking anyone else being able to celebrate it should be scrapped.

What about someone who was abused by their mothers, should mothers day be scrapped because of it hurting their feelings?
Do you notice how much you cherry pick from other people's posts as much as the rest of us noitice?

I said I ALMOST wish it was true. And I also made a point of saying that even if this was true and they did *want* it to happen, doesn't mean it has a chance at happening. The name isn't going to change.

PickelledEggs

Despite how bad you and pr DESPERATELY want to complain about it changing and people wanting it to change, the name is not going to change

Mermaid

I thought Special Person's Day was supposed to be Valentine's Day, not Father's Day?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

My Dad made a big deal about Mother's Day, so I asked my mother why they didn't have a Dad's Day.  She said they did, and it was called Father's Day.  That seemed fair to me, as a 5 year old.  But they didn't have a Kid's Day, which kind of bothered me, but my mother told me everyday was Kid's Day.  That sort of bought me off, but I still wasn't completely satisfied.