News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How is this a thing?

Started by pr126, June 09, 2018, 01:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 13, 2018, 02:41:45 AM
And in the name of Christianity, more. What is your point?

In the name of humanity, last 5000 years of history ... so?

Do atheist communist gays think that Muslims are going to give them a pass?  Really?

But yes, there was only one bad German ... Hitler.  Sending Scotland Yard to pick him up was all that was necessary to stop him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 13, 2018, 04:22:16 AM
In the name of Islam 270 million Africans, Christians, Hindus, Buddhist, Jews massacred and hundreds of millions more enslaved.

It is still ongoing today.

That part of Islamic history is taboo in schools.
Don’t lets forget the Crusades! Which was a response to 400 years of Muslim marauding and conquest.

I know it is not in the curriculum. You could find out for yourself but you could not care less.
Wilfull ignorance and virtue signalling is the proper thing to do.

That is my point.

Americans are not the same as Europeans.  We think there are no Muslims in the US.  Americans have AR-15 (with large mags and bump stocks) carrying S Baptists hiding under their beds.  Different paranoia for different people.  But it is funny seeing the paranoid call out other paranoids for being fearful of the wrong things.  Like Jewish Hasids and Neo-Nazis trying to share the same convention hall.  Humans consistently misestimate risk.  Both of you are wrong, it is the Bahais I tell you ... never trust pacifists, they are the greatest danger of all!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: pr126 on June 12, 2018, 11:44:11 PM
Hakurei Reimu wrote:
Well, Islam has done planetwide 33,279 terrorist attacks in the name of Allah since 9/11
Christian Dominionist in the name of Jesus, not that many.
The terrorists attacks is exactly the reason why fundamentalist islam is not a credible threat. They don't know how to play the game. The dominionists do.

I think that makes Islam special.
If you mean "special" as in, "notable in their being high profile," I agree with you. But being high profile and being a credible threat are two different things.

I doubt that there are 1.6 billion Christian Dominionist around the world. We would have noticed.

Also, I don't think that the  Dominionist want to subjugate the whole world into slaves of Jesus.
Which just shows the value of what you think. I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you think that a Christian theocracy is going to be any kinder to you than a Muslim theocracy, then you're only fooling yourself. We have a history of Christian theocracy that tells us otherwise. The only thing you're demonstrating here is your availability heuristic is readily able to come up with examples of Islamic wrongdoing, but not so much Christian wrongdoing, so you think that Christians aren't as big wrongdoers. But that's just a product of your lack of experience. I've pointed out numerous times that Christians do a lot of wrongs not only in the past, but in the present where they hold power.

The Muslims would object for a start.
They're already objecting with secular human values, so that's not going to change. On the other hand, the Muslim world should be grateful for those secular human values because it's the only thing that's keeping the western world from rolling over them with sheer military might. We've been treating them with kid gloves for about a century, which would end pretty quick if the dominionists take power.

I see you have a bogeyman too. The Dominionist.
You can take your tu quoque fallacy and shove it. In case you haven't noticed, we have a dominionist as our vice president currently. We're one 70 yo man's heartbeat away from having a dominionist hold the nuclear launch codes for about ~6 gigatons of civilization-ending kaboom. If you don't recognize this basic difference in the positions of Islam and Christian dominionists, then you really do need your head examined.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

pr126

I wonder how many here heard about the USA war with the Muslim pirates back in 1805 and 1815?

The Marines Hymn " from the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli".

First Barbary War

Second Barbary War

pr126

@ Hakurei Reimu

The only time I have come across  Dominionist was in the novels of Dan Brown.

They do keep a low profile. 
So you reckon that they pose more danger to the world than Islam?
Hard to believe.

The dominionist vice president with his finger on the nuclear button? A bit far-fetched.
Another good storyline for Dan Brown perhaps.  Robert Langdon's next assignment.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 13, 2018, 12:03:12 PM
I wonder how many here heard about the USA war with the Muslim pirates back in 1805 and 1815?

First Barbary War

Second Barbary War

Fake news ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 13, 2018, 12:11:29 PM
@ Hakurei Reimu

Hard to believe.

The dominionist vice president with his finger on the nuclear button? A bit far-fetched.
Another good storyline for Dan Brown perhaps.  Robert Langdon's next assignment.

Gay atheists have a reason to feel paranoid, just about anywhere.  African-Americans know how it feels, as do Native Americans and some others.  You can't hide if you look different.  Fortunately most gay atheists don't have that fact stenciled on their foreheads ... but give them time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on June 13, 2018, 01:00:38 PM
Fake news ;-)
LOL.

Apropos LOL.

A good friend of mine not quite street smart thought that LOL means Lots of Love.
So she sent a condolence card for a funeral with that as a sign-off.

It was not funny. At first.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 13, 2018, 01:04:20 PM
LOL.

If it is more than 3 months old, it is old news (if that suites the rhetoric).  And if it is over 300 years old, it is recent news (if that suites the rhetoric).  I think the moderators are fearful of the Internet jihadis (who are all White Southern Baptist males).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on June 13, 2018, 12:03:12 PM

First Barbary War

Second Barbary War
I have a vague recollection the Arab slave trade was marginally connected with the US slave trade.  Was it that the American captains of slaving ships would buy from anyone with a pen full of slaves?  I don't think there was a well formed merchant protocol like ordering 300 slaves from the Acme Slave Corporation of Liberia, and then picking up your order at the dock.  I think it was more like slaving captains visiting usual places where kidnappers and slave drivers brought slaves, and then filling their holds wherever they could be filled.

PickelledEggs

Who cares about facts when you can burrow your head in the sand like pr is so well versed in doing?

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 13, 2018, 01:23:47 PM
Who cares about facts when you can burrow your head in the sand like pr is so well versed in doing?

LOL. Do you have a mirror?
Quit projecting.

PickelledEggs

You are beyond reason, pr.
you and also slightly Munch. Selective in your facts, selective in your observations, more than most.

There are some people on the left that do that to, yes, but you are doing it pretty heavily.

Talk about projecting... It's almost like you are constantly complaining about a different brand of yourself

Hakurei Reimu

@ Hakurei Reimu

It's easy to keep a low profile with folks seemingly unwilling to even type "Christian dominionist" into Google. In truth, if asked, a Christian dominionist will tell you that they are dominionist. Even if they don't claim the exact title, their ideology can hardly be distinguished from them.

Hard to believe.
See, you think this makes you sound like a thoughtful, rational individual, when all it does is make you sound like someone who hasn't been paying attention to what's going on around him.

The gulf wars proved to the world how much of a military threat the middle east is NOT. The US rolled over the Iraqi military. The only reason why the native population was able to put up the kind of resistance they could is because we were treating them with kid gloves. The US military was not there to purge Iraq of Islam; part of the mission was to win hearts and minds, to be seen as liberators. If we rolled in with the same attitude that had been in play during most of Christian history, you would have seen a far different outcome.

The only threat that Islam poses to the western world is that of its ideology affecting us, and if they were the only ones with that kind of ideology (like not badmouthing religion), then you would have a point. But they aren't. Christians are champions of playing the victim, trying to get their ideology into the mainstream for decades. Even Islam doesn't have the audacity to claim they are being victimized within their own countries where they are the majority; no, only Christians have that distinction.

You do know what happens to the sitting VP if the sitting POTUS dies or is thrown out of office, right? You do know what kind of arsenal the POTUS has, right? You do know that if the sitting POTUS decides to launch the US nuclear arsenal, literally nobody has the authority to stop him, right?

Of course not. You have your head in the Arabian sands. While IDEs are scary, all the Muslim terrorist attacks have been utter failures, strategically and tactically. All those terrorist attacks haven't destroyed Israel, and indeed, all it seems to do is cause Israel to put the screws on. How is Osama Bin Laden faring? Oh, right, he's dead. Sure, terrorists can scare people for a while, but under no circumstances has a scared enemy ever backed down. Nothing unites a country like an existential threat.

Like I said, they don't know how to play the game.

Dominionists do. They are manifestly playing the game much better.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 13, 2018, 01:21:47 PM
I have a vague recollection the Arab slave trade was marginally connected with the US slave trade.  Was it that the American captains of slaving ships would buy from anyone with a pen full of slaves?  I don't think there was a well formed merchant protocol like ordering 300 slaves from the Acme Slave Corporation of Liberia, and then picking up your order at the dock.  I think it was more like slaving captains visiting usual places where kidnappers and slave drivers brought slaves, and then filling their holds wherever they could be filled.

It was GB, not the US, who suppressed the slave trade in Africa and the ME.  And they haven't forgiven them for this, yet.  Fortunately SA now calls their slaves, domestic workers under indentured servitude.

Dominionists are nut jobs in Texas ... somewhat like the Mormon polygamists there, and the Branch Davidians.  But if one Muslim is a jihadi, they are all evil.  If one Christian is a Dominionist, then they are all evil.

I happen to agree, given the hypothetical of a sharia regime, even local, in the US, and a dominionist regime, even local, in the US, I would be happy to see the cops kill either group without regret.  Killing people isn't bad, if you kill the correct people.

However, I don't imagine that there will ever be cause to do either in the US.  But I keep an eye out for Bahais.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.