News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How is this a thing?

Started by pr126, June 09, 2018, 01:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 02:49:17 PM
I am surprised at you, Munch.  First, there is no such thing as a European Army.
Indeed, they haven't made it yet, but their the ones who said it.

QuoteSecond, if there was one, irt couldn't stand against the Russian Army
Well then it makes them look pretty stupid then claiming they would it they can't defend against one threat they named.

QuoteThird, the reference to Obama being a "black democrat" as a cause for any action is both insulting and irrelevant. 

Yeah you missed the context there, that was in regard to Merkel and Macron claiming to be progressives, so they wouldn't have dared claim the US was a threat while a coloured guy was in power.

QuoteI look standard English.  Yet DNA tests revealed (just recently) that I am mostly French and Viking Norman French with some Scots mixed in, almost no real Anglo-Saxon English. 

*shrug* while I'm descended from French royalty. Doesn't mean anything in today's climate of else i'd be rich.

QuoteObama is half white (mother) and half black (father).  And given that his father was "in absentia" for his upbringing you still call him "black"? 

So what made up ethnicity Is he then. I thought today's sjw culture wanted to fizzle out whiteness altogether.

QuoteIs that the "one tainted gene" to you?  Get real.  We are all the same species and "race" is just a fiction of skin adaptability to sunlight exposure.

Your still digging that hope bro. Doesn't matter what skin colour he was, but to people like macron and merkel, they saw his skin colour as what mattered, so wouldn't have dared claim the US a threat while someone of colour was in charge.

And btw, since you were wanting to share your herritage, why is it you don't find it disgraceful people like them two prepared to destroyed the national identity of your own ancestors?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 03:20:35 PM
Just wanted to say I love your Solonge avatar...
I have no idea what does that mean, lol.  But thanks.

SM-A500F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

QuoteYour still digging that hope bro. Doesn't matter what skin colour he was, but to people like macron and merkel, they saw his skin colour as what mattered, so wouldn't have dared claim the US a threat while someone of colour was in charge.

That's a hard oopf right there, chief. Best to stop digging while your ahead lol.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 14, 2018, 03:55:57 PM
I have no idea what does that mean, lol.  But thanks.

Your avatar is Solange the cat in 9 Chickweed Lane comics.  https://www.gocomics.com/9chickweedlane

Sorry, I assumed it was deliberate.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 04:08:19 PM
Your avatar is Solange the cat in 9 Chickweed Lane comics.  https://www.gocomics.com/9chickweedlane

Sorry, I assumed it was deliberate.
Oh thanks!  It was a random find and there were a few others. I couldn't find it again.  [emoji4]

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 14, 2018, 04:12:05 PM
Oh thanks!  It was a random find and there were a few others. I couldn't find it again.  [emoji4]

Well, then it was a very inspired "random find" and I will think of "Hallmarks Of Felinity" every time I see it.  I DO like cats...  Actually I originally typed "I'm a lover of cats" but the way things are around here, that might have been taken a bit wrong.  *Ahem*

Fudd's 3rd Law of discussion boards:  "Anything that CAN be taken wrong, will".

Fudd's 5th Corollary:  "And with a vengeance"...

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 14, 2018, 04:04:23 PM

That's a hard oopf right there, chief. Best to stop digging while your ahead lol.

Have you managed to think of the US after trump? Or is that bubble to enticing to pop yet.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on November 14, 2018, 04:25:56 PM
Have you managed to think of the US after trump? Or is that bubble to enticing to pop yet.

I've been imagining the entire WORLD without Trump ever since he went down that escalator in 2014!  But 2020 is a good time to think of for now.  With about a dozen of his cohorts in jail and a couple of family members too.

I don't have to chant "Lock them up".  The legal system will take care of that for me.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on November 14, 2018, 04:25:56 PM

Irrelevant to the fact you were the one who brought up the fact that Obama is half-black, then when asked about it got defensive and insisted it's everyone else who cares about his race and not you.

Cavebear asked it, and it is a simple question; why was Obama's ethnicity relevant? If it's because Marcon and Merkel as you state wouldn't call him out because he was black (and thus only are brave enough to call out Trump because he is white) then provide evidence for that, because that is an extremely bold claim.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on November 14, 2018, 03:46:19 PM

Indeed, they haven't made it yet, but their the ones who said it.
Well then it makes them look pretty stupid then claiming they would it they can't defend against one threat they named.

Yeah you missed the context there, that was in regard to Merkel and Macron claiming to be progressives, so they wouldn't have dared claim the US was a threat while a coloured guy was in power.

*shrug* while I'm descended from French royalty. Doesn't mean anything in today's climate of else i'd be rich.

So what made up ethnicity Is he then. I thought today's sjw culture wanted to fizzle out whiteness altogether.

Your still digging that hope bro. Doesn't matter what skin colour he was, but to people like macron and merkel, they saw his skin colour as what mattered, so wouldn't have dared claim the US a threat while someone of colour was in charge.

And btw, since you were wanting to share your herritage, why is it you don't find it disgraceful people like them two prepared to destroyed the national identity of your own ancestors?

I missed your post while discussing Solange.  I regret that.

I remain surprised at your response.  I will not attempt to defend it in any way.  I can usually understand where someone is coming from and at least grasp the underlying idea.  Not now.

What you said is classically racist.  You suggested that the color of a person's skin, meaningless as it is in evolutionary terms, is  judgement of human ability, respect and talent.  I will not abide by that. 

I could have ignored that, but the last sentence of your post forbids ignoring.  You said, and I quote, "since you were wanting to share your herritage, why is it you don't find it disgraceful people like them two prepared to destroyed the national identity of your own ancestors "

That was offensive to all thinking people.  But let's get down to the heart of the matter.  "people like them two prepared to destroyed the national identity of your own ancestors"

"them two"

In all of human history, more misery, cruelty, and pain have been caused by "them, they, those people" than all the illnesses in the world.   We can count sicknesses.  We can count the dead in wars.  What we can't count is the simple pain caused by "THEM".  It is outcasting other humans and denying their existence. It is outcasting children, adults and those who need help from others of US. 

"them two" ...  "them two" who?  Who are you hating, Munch?  Who is the "them"?

I can't continue...

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 14, 2018, 04:47:24 PM
Irrelevant to the fact you were the one who brought up the fact that Obama is half-black, then when asked about it got defensive and insisted it's everyone else who cares about his race and not you.

Cavebear asked it, and it is a simple question; why was Obama's ethnicity relevant? If it's because Marcon and Merkel as you state wouldn't call him out because he was black (and thus only are brave enough to call out Trump because he is white) then provide evidence for that, because that is an extremely bold claim.

Wow!

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 14, 2018, 04:47:24 PM

again, missing the context. I referred to him being black in satirical context to how it would matter more to someone like macron and merkel, so they don't offend their progression points by declaring a country lead by a man of color so be a threat, unlike now they can say it because its trump.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 05:38:22 PM

I remain surprised at your response.  I will not attempt to defend it in any way.  I can usually understand where someone is coming from and at least grasp the underlying idea.  Not now.

I get context is something hard to put across in words if using satire or mocking someone since expression doesn't factor in.

QuoteWhat you said is classically racist.  You suggested that the color of a person's skin, meaningless as it is in evolutionary terms, is  judgement of human ability, respect and talent.  I will not abide by that. 

And you don't think it such a thing doesn't apply today? Oh I'm not talking in terms of people being racist in a classical way as you say, I mean in the sense of people putting more value in a person because their are of a certain skin color, creating an automatic defense around that person by those who can only regard them by their skin. You might not want to think of it, but some of the most progressive people today are racist, on another level.

QuoteI could have ignored that, but the last sentence of your post forbids ignoring.  You said, and I quote, "since you were wanting to share your herritage, why is it you don't find it disgraceful people like them two prepared to destroyed the national identity of your own ancestors "

That was offensive to all thinking people.  But let's get down to the heart of the matter.  "people like them two prepared to destroyed the national identity of your own ancestors"

"them two"[/quote]

oh please. Every day on these forums I see people like yourself and Shiranu saying how bad all republicans are, so don't play high and mighty moral crusader with me, you look down on people just as much based on their political leaning, that just means your a human on the ground like the rest of us.

I referred to two politicians I find abhorrent, you talk about politicians you find abhorrent. Roundabouts and swings.

QuoteIn all of human history, more misery, cruelty, and pain have been caused by "them, they, those people" than all the illnesses in the world.   We can count sicknesses.  We can count the dead in wars.  What we can't count is the simple pain caused by "THEM".  It is outcasting other humans and denying their existence. It is outcasting children, adults and those who need help from others of US. 

"them two" ...  "them two" who?  Who are you hating, Munch?  Who is the "them"?

You seriously missed out what I said there didn't you. Let me use pictures to show you.

that make it easier?

QuoteI can't continue...

I'm sure your find a way, I have faith in you.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on November 14, 2018, 06:19:35 PM
again, missing the context. I referred to him being black in satirical context to how it would matter more to someone like macron and merkel, so they don't offend their progression points by declaring a country lead by a man of color so be a threat, unlike now they can say it because its trump.

It seems to me you are making your context quite clear; you believe that Marcon and Merkel would not criticise Obama because he is of African decent. After all, that is what you have stated multiple times now.

So tell me, what context am I missing? You are the one now who has made multiple accusations that the primary factor in this equation is Obama's ethnicity.

Obama didn't say, "America first" and declare himself a nationalist. Obama didn't threaten and enact trade tariffs against our allies. Obama wasn't accused of (rightly or wrongly) being cozy with the Russians. Obama didn't criticize NATO, nor did he badmouth his allies when he visited their countries.

There are a hundred logical reasons as to why the French and Germans would be hesitant to trust America under Trump's leadership, as to why they would want to start securing European interests incase America flakes out, and none of them have anything to do with the colour of Obama or Trump's skin. You are the only one who is continuing to bring race into this without providing any actual reason for it.

You are making the claim that Markel and Marcon are only attacking Trump because, at the core of your argument, they (or their constituents in France or Germany) are racist, that Obama's race is why he got "special treatment". Provide some evidence for that claim.

Shiranu

QuoteI get context is something hard to put across in words if using satire or mocking someone since expression doesn't factor in.

"Satire" is not some magical word that changes what you said or absolves you of backing it up. You are making a claim that Markel and Marcon would not criticise Obama because of his race... regardless of if you said that deadpan, with a smile, while crying, mockingly, that is a claim that requires significant evidence and explanation.