Colorado Gay Wedding Cake Case: Supreme Court Rules in Favour of Discrimination

Started by Shiranu, June 06, 2018, 07:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteYou'll never see a muslim libertarian - because their religion compels them to erode the culture of any society they exist in, and to replace it with sharia.

I think you will never see a Muslim libertarian because Islam's core tenants generally revolve around selflessness and service to others which is fundamentally opposed to libertarianism. That, and Muslim Americans are generally very well educated and not raging morons as is necessary to support libertarianism.

Give them a few more generations to become fully Americanized, and I'm sure you will see some.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on June 09, 2018, 07:46:45 PM
I think you will never see a Muslim libertarian because Islam's core tenants generally revolve around selflessness and service to others which is fundamentally opposed to libertarianism. That, and Muslim Americans are generally very well educated and not raging morons as is necessary to support libertarianism.

Give them a few more generations to become fully Americanized, and I'm sure you will see some.

Just asking were you intentionally trying to trigger me with that post because I am triggered.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on June 09, 2018, 07:44:45 PM
So why in the U.S., where Muslims and feminists are simply not a relevant issue, am I suppose to be more concerned about them when I have actual problems running the government?

They are an issue. The dominant culture is lefty faggotry and leftist faggots are both shills for feminism and islam.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 09, 2018, 07:42:56 PM
Like I said. You'll never see a muslim libertarian - because their religion compels them to erode the culture of any society they exist in, and to replace it with sharia. Their religion necessitates this.
I've met exactly one person I could describe as a muslim libertarian. They're rare beasts, I admit, but they do exist. No, don't give me that taqiya argument baloney â€" it's just a No True Scottsman fallacy by a different name.

Yeah, if you're a theist an authoritarian, you're authoritarianism is going to be informed by your theism, obviously - but most religions don't have authoritarianism built-in like islam.
No, Christianity had it built-in, too. Evangelicalism (which can be argued to go back to the beginnings of Christianity) requires you, at the peril of your soul, to do everything you can to convert the unconverted â€" and political influence is an obvious extension of that. Even the polytheistic religion that Judeism developed from had that each nation of existence formed around a patron god. So no, from their very roots all the Abrahamic religions were political ideologies as well as religions.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Mermaid

their religion compels them to erode the culture of any society they exist in, and to replace it with sharia. Their religion necessitates this.

Again: You can say this same thing about Christians.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 09, 2018, 07:44:45 PM
So why in the U.S., where Muslims and feminists are simply not a relevant issue, am I suppose to be more concerned about them when I have actual problems running the government?

is this why you blatantly ignore or look past arguments made about the mass immigration of islam into europe, because your not in it and so can just ignore the impact it has since it doesn't effect you where you are?

Maybe if more things like this was happening in america you'd notice?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/community-shocked-aghast-after-german-jewish-teen-found-raped-murdered/

QuoteThe Jewish community of Mainz reacted with shock and grief Thursday after a 14-year-old girl was found dead, as police launched a manhunt for an Iraqi refugee suspected of killing her.

The girl, initially identified as Susanna F., was found Wednesday on the outskirts of the western German city of Wiesbaden. She had been missing since May 22. She was later named as Susanna Feldman.

Prosecutors said Thursday that two men â€" a 20-year-old Iraqi and a 35-year-old Turkish citizen, both of whom lived at homes for asylum-seekers in the city â€" are suspected of raping and killing the girl on the evening she went missing. They believe the two then buried her body.

“I am as shocked, sad and aghast about the violent death of Susanna as one can be,” Rabbi Aharon Ran Vernikovsky, who leads the Mainz Jewish community, told the Juedische Allgemeine weekly, adding that the community would do everything in its power to help and support her family, who live in Mainz.

Susanna’s case has preoccupied German media for several days. News of her body’s discovery near neighboring Wiesbaden made headlines nationwide, though most newspapers did not initially mention the fact that she was Jewish.

On Thursday afternoon, the Central Council of Jews in Germany confirmed that the victim was Jewish and expressed its condolences to her friends and family.

“A young life was ended in a gruesome fashion,” the statement read. “Our deepest sympathies are with family and friends. Susanna was a member of the Jewish Community Mainz.”

At this point, there is no information as to the suspects’ motives, and whether the murder will be investigated as a hate crime.

“Currently, the background of the deed is still unclear,” the Council said in its statement. “We expect law enforcement authorities to speedily and comprehensively solve the case, as well as harsh consequences for the perpetrator or the perpetrators. Premature conclusions or speculations, however, must not be made.”

Police say the Iraqi suspect, whom they identified as Ali Basar, appears to have left abruptly with his family last week, flying to Erbil, Iraq, via Istanbul. He was a suspect in a string of previous offenses in the area, including a robbery at knifepoint.

He is believed to have arrived in Germany in October 2015, at the height of the migrant influx to Germany, and was appealing the rejection of his asylum application.

The Turkish suspect, who wasn’t previously known to police, was arrested Wednesday evening.

Police said a 13-year-old refugee boy went to a police station in Wiesbaden on Sunday and told officers the girl had been raped and killed, and named the Iraqi as a possible perpetrator.

Previous killings by asylum-seekers in Germany have fanned tensions over the influx of more than a million migrants in 2015 and 2016, an issue that helped the far-right Alternative for Germany enter the German parliament last year.

The surge of migrants also sparked a rash of attacks on asylum-seekers’ homes, which has since tapered off.

In one case, two men were convicted Thursday in the southwestern city of Landau of setting fire to a home being built for asylum-seekers in the nearby town of Herxheim in 2015. They both received probation.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on June 09, 2018, 08:21:28 PM
is this why you blatantly ignore or look past arguments made about the mass immigration of islam into europe, because your not in it and so can just ignore the impact it has since it doesn't effect you where you are?

Maybe if more things like this was happening in america you'd notice?
I think that point is implicit in his comment.  It's not happening here.  That doesn't mean we are not aware of the toll it's taking on Europe.  Well, some might not be aware, some might not care, but some of us are sympathetic. 

This whole line of discussion, I think refers back to PR123's comment that American members of the forum have a bias against Christianity, while we treat Islam differently.  He's partly right in that we do have a bias against Christianity, but he's wrong in assuming that we give Islam a pass.  Christianity and Islam come out of the same cloth of Abrahamic doctrine.  But the threat (the current threat here) is from Christianity.  If the threat of Islam were as immediate, we would be reading about test cases going to the Supreme Court involving Muslim rights vs secular rights.

This is not to say I don't think Islam is a problem.  Any religion is a problem when it gains power.  We fight the battles that threaten us right now.  We don't want to waste our energy fighting an ideology that currently poses little threat, and that is not to say that Islam will never pose a threat here.

This is also not to say, I support what my country is doing with immigration or anything else.  There is very little that my government does that I whole heartedly support.  I'm just describing the way I think things are here, not what should be.

Munch

Thank you for the context Sgos. Tbh I find it odd in todays age where the internet has given rise to more secular thinking, its lead to the growth of atheism itself, just how someone can ignore the impact of what religion does across the world overall. It isn't like we don't have the ability to look at how religion works across the globe now, but I know theres more involved in it then just what someone believes in, usually it becomes a case of the people, their skin color, there background.

I just look at religion in all the same way, cultist mentality, so all those other factors are just fluff when it comes to the real problem.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

The problem is that Americans and Europeans by enlarge are ignorant of Islam, perhaps willfully so.

The academic and media are airbrushed all Islamic history, its conquests, the brutal slaughter of the conquered people, (nearly 300 million)  their destruction of invaded lands and their total eradication of the indigenous cultures since 622 AD.

The eradication of Christian churches, Hindu temples, Buddhist worship places. all other religious edifices  and replaced them with mosques.

This practice is still going on today. ( Hagia Sophia is being converted back into a Mosque.)
The destruction of historical/archeological  places.

The indigenous conquered people were treated so brutally (dhimmis) which only referred to "people of the book" aka Christians and Jews,  and polytheist given only two choices, convert or die.

Most people converted to Islam to make their lives more bearable. That is how Islam spreads.

For example most Islamic countries have now 100% Muslim population, like Afghanistan which was before the Muslim conquest a Buddhist country.

North African countries were Christian. West Asian countries were also Christians. (Byzantine)

India, where 80 Million Hindus were slaughtered by Muslim invaders the Brits had to create Pakistan, as Muslims would not live under Indian rule.

Recommended reading:

The History of Islam

Shiranu

QuoteIt has not yet been reported whether or not the prayers associated with Ramadan were performed inside the cathedral, which would be a serious violation of Christian holy space.

Lol, wut?

QuoteEven if the prayers did not take place in the cathedral, a Christian church should restrain from celebrating a Muslim holiday like Ramadan.

lol, wut?

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 10, 2018, 12:34:07 AM
Lol, wut?

lol, wut?

Given that the Brits are a monarchy, and the Queen is the head of the Anglican Church ... yes, there should only be Anglican prayers in their churches.  In Ecumenical settings outside of their churches, they can share prayer with other faiths (like Catholics).  Similarly to how the US Congress handles chaplaincy.

Really ... I am pro Muslim (being pro religion) but is one tolerant Muslim make them all tolerant?  Depends on the local culture.  Similarly intolerance in SA doesn't mean that Muslims are never tolerant.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.