UN Human Rights Report: US is a First-World Shithole Country

Started by Shiranu, June 06, 2018, 06:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/un-human-rights-report-contempt-for-the-poor-has-intensified-in-america/

QuoteThe United Nations' special rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights charged in a new report today that "contempt for the poor" is growing in America along with wealth inequality.

Philip Alston, an Australian law professor who has served in the role since 2014, went on a fact-finding mission for the UN Human Rights Council across the U.S. in the first two weeks of December.

Alston visited California (Los Angeles and San Francisco), Alabama (Lowndes County and Montgomery), Georgia (Atlanta), Puerto Rico (San Juan, Guayama and Salinas), West Virginia (Charleston) and Washington, D.C., for his study.

The United States' "immense wealth and expertise stand in shocking contrast with the conditions in which vast numbers of its citizens live," the report states. "About 40 million live in poverty, 18.5 million in extreme poverty, and 5.3 million live in Third World conditions of absolute poverty. It has the highest youth poverty rate in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), and the highest infant mortality rates among comparable OECD States. Its citizens live shorter and sicker lives compared to those living in all other rich democracies, eradicable tropical diseases are increasingly prevalent, and it has the world’s highest incarceration rate, one of the lowest levels of voter registrations among OECD countries and the highest obesity levels in the developed world."
Alston called those stats and policies behind them "cruel and inhuman."

The UN report found that the $1.5 trillion in tax cuts in December 2017 "overwhelmingly benefited the wealthy and worsened inequality."

Remember though; unregulated capitalism = good, privatized healthcare = #1 (even if we have the worst medical quality of life and highest debt + expenses in the developed world) and increasing racial and socio-economic inequality in the first world!

And if you dare question that, or god forbid say it needs to be fixed... well, how dare you, you dirty hippies! SJW! COMMUNISTS!!! ARUGGGHAAA!!!

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

So you are channeling the "liberation theology" of Pope Francis now?  How Catholic are you?

The poor have always been despised in every society.  The weathly have been admired in every society.  That shouldn't be so, but that is materialism for you.  A really spiritual person (Jesus) says different things.

I can't wait for the SJWs to enact their Holodomor against the Fly Over Country.  I say, nuke both coasts, R and L coasts are both disposable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteHow Catholic are you?

Quite a bit, actually.

QuoteThe poor have always been despised in every society.

I won't argue against that, I just think we should try to move forward rather than backwards.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 06, 2018, 08:22:42 PM
Quite a bit, actually.

I won't argue against that, I just think we should try to move forward rather than backwards.

Yeah, we talked about that before.  Maybe there is a place in the Curia for you, if you can be celibate ;-)

The Catholic Church would love to use Liberation Theology to take over ... Progress is just Liberation Theology with G-d removed.  So it is the prime competitor, not Capitalism.

Or as I think I said before, I see you as an atheist protagonist in a secular version of The Mission.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

People who are for unrestricted market and minimal government acknowledge that non-productives exist. Pointing this out won't change their position. They don't care about people who are useless. They want the useless to stop draining the useful and die.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 06, 2018, 11:12:29 PM
People who are for unrestricted market and minimal government acknowledge that non-productives exist. Pointing this out won't change their position. They don't care about people who are useless. They want the useless to stop draining the useful and die.

Too harsh.  On that basis we should off anyone past 60, or with an IQ less than 90.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Baruch on June 07, 2018, 12:05:37 AM
Too harsh.  On that basis we should off anyone past 60, or with an IQ less than 90.

Generally people who want a truly free market and no social services are totally for private charity - in which case the old folks would be cared for by their children, and the retards would be cared for by their progenitors or siblings. What they're against is being forced at gun point to pay into a pool that gets distributed to people who they have 0 kinship with and possibly don't even believe are disadvantaged but rather are just cheating the system.

Shiranu

QuoteWhat they're against is being forced at gun point to pay into a pool that gets distributed to people who they have 0 kinship with and possibly don't even believe are disadvantaged but rather are just cheating the system.

Real talk; are these people mentally handicapped?

I'm sorry, but no one relies even 5% on the services of their kinfolk, so why should they feel entitled to not contribute back to the community that contributes to them? If they don't want to be held at gun point over that, then fine... but I expect them to forfeit all benefits they receive from the state and from the community in return.

If you argue that you should only have responsibility to your kinsfolk while leeching off of your community, and refuse to return your fair share to the community, you are a leach who is cheating the system. Which in hindsight now explains alot about these people that they don't realise how dark of pots they are.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on June 07, 2018, 02:12:44 AM
Real talk; are these people mentally handicapped?

I'm sorry, but no one relies even 5% on the services of their kinfolk, so why should they feel entitled to not contribute back to the community that contributes to them? If they don't want to be held at gun point over that, then fine... but I expect them to forfeit all benefits they receive from the state and from the community in return.

If you argue that you should only have responsibility to your kinsfolk while leeching off of your community, and refuse to return your fair share to the community, you are a leach who is cheating the system. Which in hindsight now explains alot about these people that they don't realise how dark of pots they are.

These people know this. They want a world where they aren't forced out of necessity to be part of the collective. They want a state that does not offer benefits.

So they use the public roads and all, but that's the world they live in. In their ideal world roads would be privatised. Everything would be privatised. Government would essentially just be a small police force and courts.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on June 07, 2018, 12:05:37 AM

Hang on there, I have paid all my working life towards retirement.
My pension is not a gift from the state. At least I don’t think so.
What’s more, I stiil pay taxes on that.

About the “free” health care, you pay for that too, while in employment.

Migrants get all this free.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 07, 2018, 01:45:28 AM
Generally people who want a truly free market and no social services are totally for private charity - in which case the old folks would be cared for by their children, and the retards would be cared for by their progenitors or siblings. What they're against is being forced at gun point to pay into a pool that gets distributed to people who they have 0 kinship with and possibly don't even believe are disadvantaged but rather are just cheating the system.

Yes, and gang rule by toughs would be ... Darwinian.  Only the most physical, psychotic and lucky would survive.  Improves the gene pool too.

Or are they anarchist, and simply oppose all government taxes and actions?  A pure private system is anarchism ... but not free from organized crime.

All people cheat the system, the rich more successfully than the poor.  Crony capitalism is real.  And free to be left alone?  Like the Unabomber?

Or direct Internet democracy ... you get to spend all your tax money, after it gets to the government, based on your allocation vs government department?  Think that is workable?  Pacifists don't want anything spend on DoD.  Criminals don't want anything spend on DoJ.

While I support individuality, I don't support sociopathy as a policy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on June 06, 2018, 09:19:51 PM
Maybe there is a place in the Curia for you, if you can be celibate ;-)

Do you really think the members of the Curia are celibate?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 07, 2018, 01:21:39 PM
Do you really think the members of the Curia are celibate?

I will leave you to continue your under robe research ;-))  According to some, the Catholic priesthood is the greatest benefit to gay men in history.  That doesn't imply pedophilia of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Man the UN is composed of mostly shithole countries that kinda makes you wonder why the UK left. Because the UN is going batshit.

On the other hand America has always had big pharma problems as well as dick had politicians same as everywhere else but America is much better.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 07, 2018, 06:57:17 PM
Man the UN is composed of mostly shithole countries that kinda makes you wonder why the UK left. Because the UN is going batshit.

On the other hand America has always had big pharma problems as well as dick had politicians same as everywhere else but America is much better.

Incoherent!  Does not compute!  UK is trying to withdraw from the EU, not the UN.  They do share one letter, but in the wrong position!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.