News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

MISS AMERICA IS DEAD!

Started by pr126, June 06, 2018, 01:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Miss America? How sexist.

"we will no longer judge our candidates on their appearance." Just virtue signalling?

"Cultural revolution" The little red book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyTQBMtSbsk

Here is an idea -

Miss America 2020

PickelledEggs

Also. Who cares? Beauty pageants are pretty dumb, imo

The old fucks that run them are usually wrong anyway

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 06, 2018, 02:31:49 PM
Also. Who cares? Beauty pageants are pretty dumb, imo

The old fucks that run them are usually wrong anyway

So do you think these women shouldn't try to boost their self esteem after working on making themselves attractive?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2018, 04:56:35 PM
So do you think these women shouldn't try to boost their self esteem after working on making themselves attractive?
1: I don't think they need the approval of old, crusty men to boost their self esteem. Men don't need the approval of old dusty women for that.
2:even if they did, the pageants are pretty biased anyway
3: that is an incredibly loaded question lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mermaid

Good.
Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2018, 04:56:35 PM
Wat?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 06, 2018, 05:02:14 PM
1: I don't think they need the approval of old, crusty men to boost their self esteem. Men don't need the approval of old dusty women for that.
2:even if they did, the pageants are pretty biased anyway
3: that is an incredibly loaded question lol

let me ask, because this was pushed on by women in a feminist movement to get the show broken down due to them feeling offended by attractive well proportioned women.

Suppose this same thing happened, but it was because of conservatives getting it banned or cut down due to their highly conservative 'we must protect the children from filth!' mindset?

Because to me, a feminist getting a show censored due to feeling offended by 'social preconceptions of what attractive women are' and a conservative getting it censored due to disgruntled old people bitching about 'slutty women, hide the children!', I just see these two things the exact same.

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on June 06, 2018, 05:54:51 PM
Good. Wat?

same question to you, suppose this show was broken by conservatives. Would you think its great then, or would you complain about conservatives ruining something else?

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2018, 05:57:33 PM
same question to you, suppose this show was broken by conservatives. Would you think its great then, or would you complain about conservatives ruining something else?
Yes. That's totally what I would do.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Haha ... Over 3 billion women, most of whom are not physically attractive.  Not that there is anything wrong with looking like John Kerry's sister ;-)

Would rather watch Rue Paul's drag queens than most so called women.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2018, 05:56:17 PM
let me ask, because this was pushed on by women in a feminist movement to get the show broken down due to them feeling offended by attractive well proportioned women.

Suppose this same thing happened, but it was because of conservatives getting it banned or cut down due to their highly conservative 'we must protect the children from filth!' mindset?

Because to me, a feminist getting a show censored due to feeling offended by 'social preconceptions of what attractive women are' and a conservative getting it censored due to disgruntled old people bitching about 'slutty women, hide the children!', I just see these two things the exact same.
I feel this is off topic from my comment for many reasons, but the biggest reason for me being not the person to answer those questions is I'm not a feminist and I'm not a woman.

I was just stating my view on the matter.

Shiranu

Damn, this is really triggering people?

Snowflakes these days...

God forbid a program that, by it's own admission, is all about "giving these women a shot at scholarships to top universities", focus more on their intellectual capacity rather than how sexy they are. Obviously when considering which woman is most deserving of a college scholarship how big her tits is are the first priority.

Of course, everyone knows thats not "the point" of Miss America... but if they want to say it is, then they have to act like it. It's not like it's the only pageant in town. Nor does it mean they cant dress "sexily", like pr wanted to imply with the hijab; there is still a section where they are free to choose any outfit they like, rather than be given a stock swimsuit that might not even necessarily fit their complexion of body shape.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2018, 05:56:17 PM

Well first of all, that's complete bullshit.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 06, 2018, 06:57:39 PM
Damn, this is really triggering people?

Snowflakes these days...

yeah your right, triggered snowflakes reacted to attractive women in these contests and bitched until they changed the show.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2018, 07:20:07 PM
yeah your right, triggered snowflakes reacted to attractive women in these contests and bitched until they changed the show.

Since you missed it the first time...

QuoteNor does it mean they cant dress "sexily", like pr wanted to imply with the hijab; there is still a section where they are free to choose any outfit they like, rather than be given a stock swimsuit that might not even necessarily fit their complexion of body shape.

They are completely free to dress as sexy and attractive as they like under the new rules. This benefits them because they actually have a choice of what sexy outfit they want to don rather than be given a stock outfit that might not fit their appearance.

So, yeah... CLEARLY those boogiewomen you are getting so triggered about won...

:roll:

And again, are you wishing to imply that the primary purpose of a contest that claims to be about giving women a chance to win a scholarship to top tier universities should be primarily focused on appearance? After all this opened more of the show for them to express intellectual ideas rather than just being eye candy, which should be the main concern of someone trying to get scholarship money.

Why are you anti-intellectualism, Munch? Because some idiot on Youtube told you to be?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur