Author Topic: MISS AMERICA IS DEAD!  (Read 1598 times)

Offline pr126

MISS AMERICA IS DEAD!
« on: June 06, 2018, 01:44:39 PM »
Miss America? How sexist.

"we will no longer judge our candidates on their appearance." Just virtue signalling?

"Cultural revolution" The little red book?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here is an idea -

Miss America 2020

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:04:12 PM by pr126 »
"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will." - Joseph Goebbels

Offline PickelledEggs

Re: MISS AMERICA IS DEAD!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 02:31:02 PM »
"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »
Also. Who cares? Beauty pageants are pretty dumb, imo

The old fucks that run them are usually wrong anyway
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Online Munch

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 04:56:35 PM »
Also. Who cares? Beauty pageants are pretty dumb, imo

The old fucks that run them are usually wrong anyway

So do you think these women shouldn't try to boost their self esteem after working on making themselves attractive?

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 05:02:14 PM »
So do you think these women shouldn't try to boost their self esteem after working on making themselves attractive?
1: I don't think they need the approval of old, crusty men to boost their self esteem. Men don't need the approval of old dusty women for that.
2:even if they did, the pageants are pretty biased anyway
3: that is an incredibly loaded question lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 05:54:51 PM »
Good.
Wat?
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Online Munch

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 05:56:17 PM »
1: I don't think they need the approval of old, crusty men to boost their self esteem. Men don't need the approval of old dusty women for that.
2:even if they did, the pageants are pretty biased anyway
3: that is an incredibly loaded question lol

let me ask, because this was pushed on by women in a feminist movement to get the show broken down due to them feeling offended by attractive well proportioned women.

Suppose this same thing happened, but it was because of conservatives getting it banned or cut down due to their highly conservative 'we must protect the children from filth!' mindset?

Because to me, a feminist getting a show censored due to feeling offended by 'social preconceptions of what attractive women are' and a conservative getting it censored due to disgruntled old people bitching about 'slutty women, hide the children!', I just see these two things the exact same.

Online Munch

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 05:57:33 PM »
Good. Wat?

same question to you, suppose this show was broken by conservatives. Would you think its great then, or would you complain about conservatives ruining something else?

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »
same question to you, suppose this show was broken by conservatives. Would you think its great then, or would you complain about conservatives ruining something else?
Yes. That's totally what I would do.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Baruch

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 06:14:11 PM »
Haha ... Over 3 billion women, most of whom are not physically attractive.  Not that there is anything wrong with looking like John Kerry's sister ;-)

Would rather watch Rue Paul's drag queens than most so called women.
שלום

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »
let me ask, because this was pushed on by women in a feminist movement to get the show broken down due to them feeling offended by attractive well proportioned women.

Suppose this same thing happened, but it was because of conservatives getting it banned or cut down due to their highly conservative 'we must protect the children from filth!' mindset?

Because to me, a feminist getting a show censored due to feeling offended by 'social preconceptions of what attractive women are' and a conservative getting it censored due to disgruntled old people bitching about 'slutty women, hide the children!', I just see these two things the exact same.
I feel this is off topic from my comment for many reasons, but the biggest reason for me being not the person to answer those questions is I'm not a feminist and I'm not a woman.

I was just stating my view on the matter.

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 06:57:39 PM »
Damn, this is really triggering people?

Snowflakes these days...

God forbid a program that, by it's own admission, is all about "giving these women a shot at scholarships to top universities", focus more on their intellectual capacity rather than how sexy they are. Obviously when considering which woman is most deserving of a college scholarship how big her tits is are the first priority.

Of course, everyone knows thats not "the point" of Miss America... but if they want to say it is, then they have to act like it. It's not like it's the only pageant in town. Nor does it mean they cant dress "sexily", like pr wanted to imply with the hijab; there is still a section where they are free to choose any outfit they like, rather than be given a stock swimsuit that might not even necessarily fit their complexion of body shape.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:03:37 PM by Shiranu »
I've Got Love, Fuck Your Money.

"Intellectualization creates a gap or lack of rapport between you and your life. You may think about things so much that you get into the state where you are eating the menu instead of the dinner." -Alan Watts

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 07:06:14 PM »

Well first of all, that's complete bullshit.

John F. Kennedy

Online Munch

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 07:20:07 PM »
Damn, this is really triggering people?

Snowflakes these days...

yeah your right, triggered snowflakes reacted to attractive women in these contests and bitched until they changed the show.

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 07:25:09 PM »
yeah your right, triggered snowflakes reacted to attractive women in these contests and bitched until they changed the show.

Since you missed it the first time...

Nor does it mean they cant dress "sexily", like pr wanted to imply with the hijab; there is still a section where they are free to choose any outfit they like, rather than be given a stock swimsuit that might not even necessarily fit their complexion of body shape.

They are completely free to dress as sexy and attractive as they like under the new rules. This benefits them because they actually have a choice of what sexy outfit they want to don rather than be given a stock outfit that might not fit their appearance.

So, yeah... CLEARLY those boogiewomen you are getting so triggered about won...

:roll:

And again, are you wishing to imply that the primary purpose of a contest that claims to be about giving women a chance to win a scholarship to top tier universities should be primarily focused on appearance? After all this opened more of the show for them to express intellectual ideas rather than just being eye candy, which should be the main concern of someone trying to get scholarship money.

Why are you anti-intellectualism, Munch? Because some idiot on Youtube told you to be?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:28:12 PM by Shiranu »
I've Got Love, Fuck Your Money.

"Intellectualization creates a gap or lack of rapport between you and your life. You may think about things so much that you get into the state where you are eating the menu instead of the dinner." -Alan Watts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk